Bilingual in Canada

de-Gaules

Aug 13, 2002
Montréal
Yes, there is a lot of french who live outside Québec...

Less than 4%. And half of them are in New-Brunswick...
So a «big» 2% of french canadians are making your sentence valid: canada have two official languages.

Come on, everybody know it is not true. If I go to BC or somewhere else, can somebody serve me in french? I don't think so. And it's ok, there is no problem with that. We speak English anyway.

Québec governement is actually making a lot of pression to bring this 2%back to Québec. After that, who will be enought courageous to say that Canada have two official languages?

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
de-Gaules said:
Yes, there is a lot of french who live outside Québec...

Less than 4%. And half of them are in New-Brunswick...
So a «big» 2% of french canadians are making your sentence valid: canada have two official languages.

Come on, everybody know it is not true. If I go to BC or somewhere else, can somebody serve me in french? I don't think so. And it's ok, there is no problem with that. We speak English anyway.

Québec governement is actually making a lot of pression to bring this 2%back to Québec. After that, who will be enought courageous to say that Canada have two official languages?

You are so oh wrong de Guales. In BC anyway, we HAVE to learn french in school upto grade 10 if I remember right. Everyone knows some french, it is just up to them as individuals if they want to go on past grade 10 with it. Many do and even take it in college or university. To become a police officer in BC they want a second language, first choice being French. BC also has immigrants from French speaking countries from the rest of the world. Every food, and consumer product has both french and english labeling on it also.

So if you could pull the shroud of " speak my language or we will seperate whin" from your eyes you would see Canada IS already bi-lingual.

de-Gaules

Aug 13, 2002
Montréal
So if you could pull the shroud of " speak my language or we will seperate whin" from your eyes you would see Canada IS already bi-lingual.[/quote]

Très bien mon ami.
Parlons en français dans ce cas... que je «vois» que le Canada est un pays bilingue...

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
de-Gaules said:
So if you could pull the shroud of " speak my language or we will seperate whin" from your eyes you would see Canada IS already bi-lingual.

Très bien mon ami.
Parlons en français dans ce cas... que je «vois» que le Canada est un pays bilingue...[/quote]

Vous remercier pour le voir cela.
Désolé pour la chose de whin. Le besoin de québec et Canada eachother de.

Instead of fighting eachother we should fight off the Americans.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
You mean, let's change the subject... héhé.

As a french canadian, I am not that concerned about American suprematy. I think you guys are more in danger of assimilation than us.

You have to stop listening American TV show. Create your own. I eared that on your top 20 TV shows, 19 are Americans. Is that true? If so, what are you waiting for! TV is a first mirror of the society... That statistic talk a lot by herself.

Take exemple Québec, and it's not arrogance or something. On our top 20, 18 are from Québec in french. There is some TV show that had more than 3 millions spectators (half of the Qc). And of course, it was TV show from Québec and in French. That never happened in Canada. Take control of your television. Hurry!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Parlez vous Canajun, eh?
French in Quebec, English everywhere else. That's what I think.
You can't impose this kind of thing on people. Why else do they have the sign police in Quebec? It's a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
French in Québec. English everywhere else.
That is the perfect way of thinking... but English are more and more intrusive in Québec. We have to do something before they think they are at home in our French paradise.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Anonymous said:
French in Québec. English everywhere else.
That is the perfect way of thinking... but English are more and more intrusive in Québec. We have to do something before they think they are at home in our French paradise.

What a joke. Tell that to the indians. they were there before you and just like the indians you french were not only fairly but soundly beaten by the british. just be glad we left quebec to you little whiners.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ahh, this thread has not been touched upon in a while.

As you all know, this is rubbish. Bilingual provinces? hahaha, there's only one of those in Canada.

Proud_to_be_English

Dec 21, 2004
Fredericton, New Brunswick
RE: "All provinces should become bilingual"

This is completely outrageous and proposterous. I am disgusted by this man and his francaphonization agenda. Let me vouch as a citizen of a bilingual province (NB) by saying that all it does it take jobs away from the English majority replacing them all with ethnic french. Here in Fredericton just about every government office is dominated by ethnic french peoples (mostly acadians) and the ethnic English are forced to either leave or be cab drivers or work at mcdonalds. It is obvious that the french people as a whole in Canada are mobilized in a campaign to undermine English culture and heritage and replace it with their own.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario

I agree with the concept, however it is not practical. Why provide French services to where it is not needed and vice versa. I don't think bilingual services are needed in a place like Medicine Hat, Guelph, Baie Comeau or Sydney. It makes no sense and is a waste of money.

Places like Winnipeg, Sudbury, Ottawa, Montreal should be official bilingual, cause the population warrants it.

As for signs in Quebec, if you can't figure out what Nord, Sud, Est and Ouest are, then you are pretty stupid. All the other signs are based on universal symbols.

Government should focus on governing based on needs rather than ideals.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Re: RE: "All provinces should become bilingual"

Proud_to_be_English said:
Here in Fredericton just about every government office is dominated by ethnic french peoples (mostly acadians) and the ethnic English are forced to either leave or be cab drivers or work at mcdonalds. It is obvious that the french people as a whole in Canada are mobilized in a campaign to undermine English culture and heritage and replace it with their own.

Question, why don't the English people learn French? It is obvious that the French people learned English. Jobs sometimes require you to learn new skills, what is wrong with that. If someone computer illiterate had a job that suddenly needed computers, you would expect that person to learn the skill or be let go.

As for this French campaign to overtake the English, wow I really would like to see how a population of 5 or 6 million people would do this. If this was their real objective, why do they want to separate away from the English?

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Re: "All provinces should become bilingual"

If Quebec leaves Canada, I'm gonna quit eating French Toast.

Calm

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.

I've decided that all I want is the poutine franchise for the whole province,I'm not greedy..

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Re: "All provinces should become bilingual"

What about owning the pineapple distribution centers in Quebec?

There would be a lot of French speaking folks upset over losing the pineapple topping on their pizza.

One time I worked for a food manufacturing company and which manufactured pie fillings.

Quebec was the only province that ordered rhubarb and strawberry pie filling.

Calm