Big Brother's watching: The secret CCTV bunker that monitors our every move

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
I don't really give a hoot who watches me or sees what I have in my pc. I don't do illegal things (outside of speeding a little sometimes) and I don't have anything illegal in my pc or laptop. And I wander around nude in the summer in my gardens and have anti gov't cartoons and comments in my pc.

I agree with you BUT...you can just imagine if the govt. decides to get involved in the Internet - and does it in their typical efficient style - there'll be real cash costs involved for their "participation"...like I said, an Internet tax would be a neat little way to grab some cash, wouldn't it? It's something to think about.

Kinda' reminds of the BC NDP trying to implement a "dock tax" a few years ago - a way to grab cash, which the NDP required a lot of because of their unique ability to get rid of it so quickly. However, that one didn't work too well...few paid it and it faded away.

But there are more online computers around than there are boat docks, so it's got to be an enticing target for the federal government. I do give a damn about this one!

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
If I lived in Britain with the history of Terrorist Attacks by the IRA and the recent 7/7 Terrorist Attack in which CCTV was used to back track the Terrorists movemnts I wouldn't have a problem with it. Those who don't live in Britain and call it a "Police State" because of CCTV know nothing..

That is the aim of terrorists, at least the ones of today. They hate freedom, they want an all controlling government, (a government that shares their idology, of course). They are at least getting half of their wish, the other half is sure to follow.

I was doing nothing wrong, I was in a parking lot in a construction area that was closed for the night, the entire area for 6 blocks around seemed abandoned. A good spot to let my daughter learn to drive a stick, sitting in the right hand seat to boot. We had no sooner swapped seats when, from out of nowhere, a security person came by and told us we were seen on CCTV and were to leave the area. There was no signage ar anything saying it was private or no entry was allowed. Welcome to jolly ol' England.

A friend of mine was a police officer in the UK, (among other places) he also served in Her Majesty's Service in Special Ops. He refers to the UK as a police state, and he was part of it. He finally got his Canadian citizenship and has no desire to go back.

Anyone who would give up their liberty for the security of the state deserves neither, and they eventually do get what they deserve.