Bank of Canada unveils new plastic bills

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Most men don't bother fishing their wallet out until then either. And then comes the flipping through cards and trying to get it out of the sleeve. And THEN they start bagging once they've paid. Morons.

As soon as my hands are free from unloading stuff on the register, I automatically reach for my wallet and have my debit card poking out for when I need to take it out and stick it in the Debit hole (hmmm, almost sounds sexual)

I can't stand the people.... and not to try and be sexist, but women with the huge purses who stand there looking at the ceiling while waiting for their products to be swiped by the scanner and then when they are told the total cost, they snap out of their daze and THEN start digging through their purse to find their payment method, which is usually a couple of bills and a bunch of change they want to get rid of to lighten their load, which is in a smaller purse within the big purse.

Then they get their change back, say thanks & have a good day, then stand there in my fk'n way for another 2 minutes as they put their change in the appropriate pocket of their small purse, then put it in their larger purse, zip that up, sling it over their shoulder...... and then finally grab their grocery bags and walk away..... allowing me to finally do my thing.

It's not all women, so I'm not trying to go down that road..... but a select few..... and it drives me frick'n nuts. They could at least move a couple of feet down the register to give the next person some space while they sort their sh*t out.... but no, they just stand right there in front of the cashier blocking everybody else while they diddle with their crap.

And ATM's?? Don't get me started.......

Purses should be illegal. Everybody should have to use wallets for their currency and for all the other stuff woman may have to carry with them, have a shoulder sling or something or a backpack..... but keep the two at least separate.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As soon as my hands are free from unloading stuff on the register, I automatically reach for my wallet and have my debit card poking out for when I need to take it out and stick it in the Debit hole (hmmm, almost sounds sexual)

I can't stand the people.... and not to try and be sexist, but women with the huge purses who stand there looking at the ceiling while waiting for their products to be swiped by the scanner and then when they are told the total cost, they snap out of their daze and THEN start digging through their purse to find their payment method, which is usually a couple of bills and a bunch of change they want to get rid of to lighten their load, which is in a smaller purse within the big purse.

Then they get their change back, say thanks & have a good day, then stand there in my fk'n way for another 2 minutes as they put their change in the appropriate pocket of their small purse, then put it in their larger purse, zip that up, sling it over their shoulder...... and then finally grab their grocery bags and walk away..... allowing me to finally do my thing.

It's not all women, so I'm not trying to go down that road..... but a select few..... and it drives me frick'n nuts. They could at least move a couple of feet down the register to give the next person some space while they sort their sh*t out.... but no, they just stand right there in front of the cashier blocking everybody else while they diddle with their crap.

And ATM's?? Don't get me started.......

Purses should be illegal. Everybody should have to use wallets for their currency and for all the other stuff woman may have to carry with them, have a shoulder sling or something or a backpack..... but keep the two at least separate.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Most men don't bother fishing their wallet out until then either. And then comes the flipping through cards and trying to get it out of the sleeve. And THEN they start bagging once they've paid. Morons.
I only have one credit card and rarely use it. I prefer cash. I think I might change things a bit since more than likely there is an embedded trcking chip in the new bills. Not sure what options there are. Perhaps move back to the bush, sell all my computer stuff and live on berries and dead animals.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Cliffy, I would like to encourage you - in the name of common decency - to do the option expressed in your last sentence. Original enough for you?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy, I would like to encourage you - in the name of common decency - to do the option expressed in your last sentence. Original enough for you?
I know you are not a vegetarian so you have nothing to fear from me. I only eat dead vegetarians.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I know you are not a vegetarian so you have nothing to fear from me. I only eat dead vegetarians.

And I am a humanitarian, with the proviso that I eat only the female of the human species and only if they are pretty. So, you have nothing to fear from me.

Actually due to being of a smoother material and less friction between the bills in a wallet, they're probably leave your wallet a fraction faster then normal :p

Oh, NO, Praxius! So, I guess I will be more broke than ever!!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Oh, NO, Praxius! So, I guess I will be more broke than ever!!

I'm not sure.... I base my spending on how much money I have available, not how fast I can toss it out of my pocket/wallet ;-)

Although, due to less friction and being of a smoother texture then the old paper/cotton money, It'd at least reduce the time people stand at the checkout as mentioned above :p