Ban kirpan from Parliament: Bloc

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
We have had multiple laws based on race for years. Natives are allowed to hunt with a high power rifle with attached flashlight and fish with seine boats for sustenance and ceremonial purposes. Allowed to sell their food fish too.

Way to get me riled up. And I'm sure aboriginals call their lifestyle "traditional" surfing on the web. But govts do not deal with real natural persons, they deal with corporation and Indians are corporations because they have a piece of paper called a treaty. Race to PCs doesn't exist, but it does if you have a treaty. Needs work.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I must have missed the part in the history book when Columbus discovered the Americas and the First Nations were armed with Lee Enfields, traditional weapon my ***...

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Don’t know what we can do to stop this horror, personally I think we need to let people know, and to disclose the facts. We have to let the world know how these women live. Destroy the Taliban, make it like they never existed. Click to advance slide

The_canvas_prison
http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/stugacz-457535-the-canvas-prison/

Disgraceful and I don't know what to say about it. I see plenty of women walking around my neighbourhood with a Niqab. I want to stop and tell them to remove it and not be afraid, but I expect they aren't forced to wear it.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Disgraceful and I don't know what to say about it. I see plenty of women walking around my neighbourhood with a Niqab. I want to stop and tell them to remove it and not be afraid, but I expect they aren't forced to wear it.
I think they do it by choice here, or maybe fear of being hit if they don't by their families. The ones I know just feel comfortable about doing it.

spartining

Feb 10, 2011
I really don't give a rats ass what jerk offs in the united sl*ts of america figure is their "God given right". In Canada, they don't have the right to carry a fu ckin gun.

Didn't you say: "The Kirpan is a basic tenet of the Baptized Sihk's "RELIGEON" So, yes they do have "the right to carry it".
As for when they first came to Canada, the earliest I can find is:Sikhism - The Canadian Encyclopedia"...Oh ya post #29 ;-)

How is this diffrent? They both are "religeous RIGHTS" involving citizens immigarated from other countries, be it the individual or a relative of some kind and laws of this country with "equal" rights has established.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I say take it on a case-by-case basis. People say kirpan's are not weapons but symbols and many of them are blunt. If a man carrying a kirpan comes into Parliament, security should inspect the kirpan to see if it is blunt. If it is, come on it. If it isn't, sorry buddy no daggers allowed in Parliament.

spartining

Feb 10, 2011
I say take it on a case-by-case basis. People say kirpan's are not weapons but symbols and many of them are blunt. If a man carrying a kirpan comes into Parliament, security should inspect the kirpan to see if it is blunt. If it is, come on it. If it isn't, sorry buddy no daggers allowed in Parliament.

So if people want to carry a handgun in Canada the police should take it on a case-by-case basis? Only people who carry bullets and have working fireing pins can be charged with carrying an illegal weapon used to cause harm, and if the person leaves the bullets at home and has the fireing pin removed then it's o.k. because it simply decoration...uhhh... a symbol because it can't shoot? That's what you say about a shiv vs. a dagger.

BTW: this is a pic of a shiv-it isn't sharp like a dagger but it can still hurt, and if someone has it on their person than what excuse will they use to avoid charges like the excuses used with that other "not-a-dagger"? Also it may not be as cute as that other item ;-)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So if people want to carry a handgun in Canada the police should take it on a case-by-case basis? Only people who carry bullets and have working fireing pins can be charged with carrying an illegal weapon used to cause harm, and if the person leaves the bullets at home and has the fireing pin removed then it's o.k. because it simply decoration...uhhh... a symbol because it can't shoot? That's what you say about a shiv vs. a dagger.

Yeah, why not? And that shiv looks pretty sharp to me. You're saying it's not? So what's the danger then?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com

BTW: this is a pic of a shiv-it isn't sharp like a dagger but it can still hurt, and if someone has it on their person than what excuse will they use to avoid charges like the excuses used with that other "not-a-dagger"? Also it may not be as cute as that other item ;-)

Why do we have to spend extra overhead to check and decide whether a dagger is dangerous? Why do we have to twist ourselves into pretzels worrying whether we're being nice or not? Time to end this silliness. A little decisiveness is in order. Sometimes, you just have to say no to daggers in public and move on.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Why do we have to spend extra overhead to check and decide whether a dagger is dangerous? Why do we have to twist ourselves into pretzels worrying whether we're being nice or not? Time to end this silliness. A little decisiveness is in order. Sometimes, you just have to say no to daggers in public and move on.

What overhead? Don't they already check everyone for weapons? How much money do you think it's going to cost to check if a knife is sharp?

OK, maybe things will get messy with all the mucked up watermelons they test the knives on. That's cost of watermelons, delivery, staff for cleaning, mop, cleaner.... I guess you have to tip the delivery guy. Yeah, you're right. Too much overhead.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
What overhead? Don't they already check everyone for weapons? How much money do you think it's going to cost to check if a knife is sharp?

OK, maybe things will get messy with all the mucked up watermelons they test the knives on. That's cost of watermelons, delivery, staff for cleaning, mop, cleaner.... I guess you have to tip the delivery guy. Yeah, you're right. Too much overhead.

I forgot about the physical checking, they didn't do it in the old days.

I mean the political overhead, all the media attention for this one special ethnic group that delivers so many votes. So much discussion in the media over whether someone should be able to carry a knife into a public space. Anyone can go into parliament, you just can't carry a knife. Yet that is not good enough for some. If you don't like the ban, stay home.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Your objection is that the media will talk about it?

The media can talk about sure. But how long can this issue go on and on for? It brings up important issues that need to be discussed. Bring it up, and I'll object to it. For me, I cannot see in any way how forbidding this object restricts freedoms in Canada, so I guess that part of the discussion I don't like.

I think much of the media get confused when the word religion is used, and I think the less of it the better in Canada.