Badly-designed New Zealand Royal Wedding stamp is "embarrassing."

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
No, it's nothing of the sort, but you tinfoil hatters are good with trying to twist things around if nothing else.

In post 14 you declare that your citizenship is more valid that someone else's and refer to the Candian Crown and I am the one in a tinfoil hat. Pleeease!

Your position as a citizen in this country is equal to every other citizen, no more and no less and there is no Canadian Crown, it is the Crown of England that, according to the Consolidated Constitution Acts, holds executive power in Canada.

Maybe you should read the acts and be a little more aware of your standing under the laws of our country in regards to equal application to all citizens.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
In post 14 you declare that your citizenship is more valid that someone else's and refer to the Candian Crown and I am the one in a tinfoil hat. Pleeease!

Your position as a citizen in this country is equal to every other citizen, no more and no less and there is no Canadian Crown, it is the Crown of England that, according to the Consolidated Constitution Acts, holds executive power in Canada.

Maybe you should read the acts and be a little more aware of your standing under the laws of our country in regards to equal application to all citizens.

of course...my mistake......

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
there is no Canadian Crown, it is the Crown of England that, according to the Consolidated Constitution Acts, holds executive power in Canada.

Since you suggest we read these acts, can we assume that you have read them yourself? Could you please point out where in the Constitution Acts does it says that the Crown of England holds executive power in Canada?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Since you suggest we read these acts, can we assume that you have read them yourself? Could you please point out where in the Constitution Acts does it says that the Crown of England holds executive power in Canada?

Gladly...Clause 9 of the consolidated constitution acts.

III. EXECUTIVE POWER

DECLARATION OF EXECUTIVE POWER IN THE QUEEN

9.- The Executive Government and Authority of and over Canada is hereby declared to continue and be vested in the Queen.

http://constitution.org/cons/canada.htm

Even our parlimentary procedure requires all bills, after passed by aprliament must be signed by either the GG or the Queen before they are in force.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, about that.. it says the Queen, not the Crown of England or the Queen of England.

So where does it say the Crown of England?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Yeah, about that.. it says the Queen, not the Crown of England or the Queen of England.

Any reference to a king or queen in Canada is implied to refer to the rightful holder of the Crown of England through lawful succession and ascension to the throne.

The names of the holder change but the Crown remains constant. If this was not the case our laws and acts would cease to exist upon the death of the current queen. Once she dies all the pictures of her you see in any government building will be changed to Charles.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
That's funny. Why would it imply the rightful holder of a non-existent crown?

The crown exists. It is held for the most part in the tower of london with all the other crown jewels. I have been there and seen it. you will see it too when the queen dies and Charles is crowned during he coronation ceremony, if you watch the ceremony.

or look here. Crown of England at Mad about coins

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The final argument of one whose beliefs have just been proven wrong.....LOL

See, I was thinking by "crown" you meant the figurative monarchy. Instead it seems you meant a literal crown that sits in a case in London. How am I supposed to have a serious discussion with someone who thinks our executive is a circular jewel-encrutsed piece of metal?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Elizabeth II is actually Queen of Canada, that is one of her titles.

"Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith".
And in the French language:
"Elizabeth Deux, par la grâce de Dieu, Reine du Royaume-Uni, du Canada et de ses autres royaumes et territoires, Chef du Commonwealth, Défendeur de la Foi".

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
See, I was thinking by "crown" you meant the figurative monarchy. Instead it seems you meant a literal crown that sits in a case in London. How am I supposed to have a serious discussion with someone who thinks our executive is a circular jewel-encrutsed piece of metal?
Sorry if I was unclear, I misunderstood your question about the reality of the crown.

The term 'Crown' in our society and our law refers to the monarch who rightfully wears the crown, so yes it is the reigning monarch that the 'crown' refers to that is our executive. Upon the death of the queen Charles will become king and our executive. We use the term Crown as it is the perpetual symbol of the monarchy.