B.C. Supreme Court Justice Strikes Down Section Of Medical Marijuana Law

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Smoking is integral to marijuana culture. If people buy it to bake into brownies, they're still going to smoke it. The point is that marijuana has absolutely NEGLIGIBLE therapeutic value. If it did, people would be willing to take it in pill or injected form. 'Medical marijuana' simply does not exist. It's whole reputation is based on subjective opinion. It has nothing to do with science. And as with chewing tobacco, things that are bad for you in smoke form, tend to be bad for you with oral ingestion as well. But nobody knows.. nobody, especially the marijuana industry, is interested in testing it. That defeats the purpose of the pothead nation.

Are your eyes brown? Cause you are full of $hit.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Always interesting to see who advocates THC and to what degree, very telling.
I am ambivalent about it, don't care it for much but don't have a problem with those who enjoy it as long as i don't meet them on the road or at work when they are stoned.
I fired a few for lousy production, and i believe, a pot induced inability to take being on time seriously, not to mention the quick tokes at break time. You do that you have a drug problem, no different than a gulp of Vodka.

I grew out of my young stupidity with booze, and yes occasionally pot in my mid 20's. I still enjoy a drink some days and even toke once in a long while but wonder about the mental health of those who do not or cannot use moderation.

Whom i really have an issue with are those who are rabid in their defense of unrestricted access and even make up stories of wondrous cures to promote it. I would treat it like alcohol and make damn sure the penalties for misuse of both stuck like sh*t to a boot.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
You take issue with this: http://dotsub.com/media/fc4e051a-1709-4e63-8a2c-912b09486c9f/e/m
Or did you even bother to watch it?

This is what the 'science' of medical marijuana is all about, selectively chosen anecdotal stories, ignoring other explanations for a remission in this case, or from people who got no benefit.. without any information as the the specific dosing regimen.. unsupported by any kind of rigorous testing protocol, which always involves double blind tests, strictly measured, involving thousands of people for any legitimate medicine. Basically this stuff has all the validity of UFO science... people say they've been up in spaceships with aliens doing experiments on them.. and a certain segment of the population will take that as proof positive of their existence.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This is what the 'science' of medical marijuana is all about, selectively chosen anecdotal stories, ignoring other explanations for a remission in this case, or for people who got not benefit.. without any information as the the specific dosing regimen.. unsupported by any kind of rigorous testing protocol, which always involves double blind tests involving thousands of people for any legitimate medicine. Basically this stuff has all the validity of UFO science... people say they've been up in spaceships with aliens doing experiments on them.. and a certain segment of the population will take that as proof positive of their existence.
I hope you never get cancer and have to undergo the barbaric practices of the medical mafia. But to each his own.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You have any reputable links to support these claims? I am in favour of legalizing pot to be like alcohol but lets not make it out to be a wonder drug just so some of us can get stoned more easily.

That is what I was thinking. I know weed eases some of the pain and after effects of chemo... but curing cancer?

One thing that I always got a kick out of in here... you Canucks in here love that weed. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
John McKay, the former U.S. attorney who prosecuted imprisoned pot activist Marc Emery, will appear at a press conference today with former B.C. Attorney General Geoff Plant and Emery's wife, Jodie, to call for an end to marijuana prohibition.

Stop the Violence BC a newly-formed activist group that has had major success in acquiring high-profile signatures organized the event. From the Stop the Violence press release:

John McKay, the former U.S. attorney for the Western District of Washington State who prosecuted B.C.’s Marc Emery, will join former B.C. Attorney General Geoff Plant and Jodie Emery, Marc’s wife, to call for the legalization and taxation of marijuana in Canada and the US during a lecture and media conference on Wednesday, April 18.

During the lecture, organized by Stop the Violence BC, McKay will share insights on the impact of B.C.’s marijuana industry on drug-related crime and violence in the Pacific Northwest region. A professor in the Faculty of Law at Seattle University, McKay is an avid supporter of the Washington State ballot initiative for the November election to implement a regulated, taxed market for marijuana. He was a U.S. Attorney from 2001 to 2007, when he resigned along with eight other U.S attorneys.

"Following the lecture, McKay will participate in a news conference with Geoff Plant, Jodie Emery and Dr. Evan Wood, physician and founder of Stop the Violence BC

Stop the Violence BC presents former US Attorney John McKay Part One - YouTube

Part 2

Stop the Violence BC presents former US Attorney John McKay Part Two - YouTube

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Harpo's Gitmo North? The BC Supreme Court answers to Harper?

I think it is the other way around there. The BCSC can overturn legislation but the legislators can't overturn a court ruling. As it should be the legislature sits under the courts in our system.

Who says you've gotta smoke it?
The govt did but the BCSC just said you didn't....aren't you paying attention...;-)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
As usual, you are talking without a clue. I have not smoked pot since the seventies, but I have used it in various forms for chronic pain and as a muscle relaxant, to aid in healing from a cold and pneumonia. Watch the film about cancer cure and see the studies have been done in university labs. No one has been ever harmed by the use of pot. The biggest nay sayers are those who have been conditioned to fear their own shadows.
Anything taken is large enough quantity isn't good.
Marijuana Side Effects

MARIJUANA: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

'Cognitive Chaos' May Fuel Marijuana's Side Effects | Wired Science | Wired.com

10 Most Common Health Side Effects of Using Marijuana | TestCountry Articles