B.C. pole dancing class for kids causes controversy

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I heard an open line on this today and some people are confused. They are not
introducing sexual material at all. The pole is vertical gymnastics and has nothing
to do with sex, as I understand it. This type of workout is really good exercise
according to the gymnastics people. there is a lot of misconception here perhaps.
I will wait and see where this debate is going before I pass judgement.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
My kids never did pole dancing. But they did did learn chess, piano, gymnastics, karate, soccer, scouts, canoeing and wilderness survival... probably a few others... through extra-curricular activities

Really? They train children to kill people? That's what cadets is about?
Among other things... yes in cadets teaches skills which can be used to kill people.

Cadets is military training for young people. In cadets, young people will learn many useful skills including proper care and handling of firearms as well as marksmanship. While these skills can be put to other uses (hunting, competition...), fundamentally these military skills have a deadly purpose.

That said, I think cadets help children learn self discipline, teamwork, leadership, survival skills, and many other skills. Also Cadets can lead to serving your country in the military... which is can be an honorable profession.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Wanting or trying to F**k them is not necessarily loving them. Teaching them none will try to harm them is a fail?
The first part of your statement begs the question of your attitude, both towards pre pubescent females and females in general. Attempting to be disingenuous can backfire and out you.

So, you only see pole dancing women as sexual objects.

Maybe you should take an earnest look at your own attitude towards women if you cannot view pole dancing as just another skill that humans can possess.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
So, you only see pole dancing women as sexual objects.

Maybe you should take an earnest look at your own attitude towards women if you cannot view pole dancing as just another skill that humans can possess.
Pole dancing started in strip joints years ago,then later in the last 10 years it got out of there,and became a new thing for women to excite their husband or boyfriend,now POOF its apparently an exercise item for everyone of all ages.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Pole dancing started in strip joints years ago,then later in the last 10 years it got out of there,and became a new thing for women to excite their husband or boyfriend,now POOF its apparently an exercise item for everyone of all ages.

So a skill was invented in strip clubs that became popular to the population at large. I can accept that. Does the origin of pole dancing need to forever taint its practice?

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
So a skill was invented in strip clubs that became popular to the population at large. I can accept that. Does the origin of pole dancing need to forever taint its practice?
LOL skills all they did for a looooooong time was wrap themselves aroud it like snakes or rub their p**** on the pole,while a bunch of horny guys were wetting their pants. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If the kid doesn't start going by a pseudonym like Pudding Pop and isn't dancing to Nickelback, It's OK by me.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
My kids never did pole dancing. But they did did learn chess, piano, gymnastics, karate, soccer, scouts, canoeing and wilderness survival... probably a few others... through extra-curricular activities

Among other things... yes in cadets teaches skills which can be used to kill people.

Cadets is military training for young people. In cadets, young people will learn many useful skills including proper care and handling of firearms as well as marksmanship. While these skills can be put to other uses (hunting, competition...), fundamentally these military skills have a deadly purpose.

That said, I think cadets help children learn self discipline, teamwork, leadership, survival skills, and many other skills. Also Cadets can lead to serving your country in the military... which is can be an honorable profession.

So, I gather you were in cadets of some kind? You seem to speaking from experience. Is that right?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
LOL skills all they did for a looooooong time was wrap themselves aroud it like snakes or rub their p**** on the pole,while a bunch of horny guys were wetting their pants. :lol:

You should type 'pole dance' into a youtube search and have a look at what kind of skill is out there.