B.C. judge rules father guilty of “family violence” for calling trans son “she”

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Oh there was never any doubt the father got screwed over just for trying to protect his daughter because he is fighting a system controlled by progs. WHich is why I am concerned about the precedent created by the court interfering in parenting. Some future court could use this ruling to determine what church a kid must attend.

Actually there is doubt because the father could easily have involvement in his son's life if he just would stop being a transphobe and being harmful to his son's mental health.

But because he's more focused on having a 'normal' kid, the truth about his kid doesn't matter.

Interfered with one parent, but the other parent - who has custody - is fine. You might have a point if both parents were an issue.

If you want to compare this future 'possible' the right way, it'd be the father trying to force the kid to be one religion and the mother being okay with the kid being atheist or another religion all together. Fun fact; courts can't legislate that, either.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
'Real' or not, most facets of society were functional, so I'd suggest they were fairly real! :)

Really? They were?

So... the Civil Right's movement wasn't needed? Women's sufferage? Women's rights? Racism was a good thing?

Cause that is what you're saying...

Sorry, society has always been evolving and this is just another facet of it advancing whether you like it or not. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Still a Transphobe, Taxslave. Which was my point of the post you quoted.

You're obviously in a generational dispute. Our (me, Capt., Sleepy, taxslave, Colpy) generation not only survived but our ideals actually worked, until dysfunctional people started to stir things up.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually there is doubt because the father could easily have involvement in his son's life if he just would stop being a transphobe and being harmful to his son's mental health.

What genitalia does this kid have anyway?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Why would you ask me something that is readily available online?

Stupid and lazy are such a bad team.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As right as the father may be I think he's probably in a non win situation until such time as the daughter accepts his feeling about the situation. I know from experience it's a terrible thing to have to back away from one of your kids until things simmer down and quite often they do. In time you generally reach some level of acceptance of things that were earlier reprehensible.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
From the Canadian Department of Justice website:

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/fv-vf/about-apropos.html

About Family Violence

Family Violence in Canada
What is family violence?
Family violence is when someone uses abusive behaviour to control and/or harm a member of their family, or someone with whom they have an intimate relationship.

Family violence includes many different forms of physical and emotional abuse, as well as neglect carried out by family members or intimate partners. It may include a single act of violence, or a number of acts that form a pattern of abuse. Family violence can have serious-and sometimes fatal-consequences for victims and for those who see or hear the violence.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why would you ask me something that is readily available online?

Stupid and lazy are such a bad team.

Slow down a little there, Mister. "Violence" was the term you introduced. I wasn't aware of any violence!.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Dear crazy old man who doesn't know what violence means.

This is the title of the thread you are currently ruining:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Dear crazy old man who doesn't know what violence means.

This is the title of the thread you are currently ruining:

And another judge accused a girl of consenting to rape because she didn't keep her knees together tight enough.
Violence includes murder, disfigurement, bruising and mayhem, not a loud discussion. Too much dramatization happening these days! If referring to your daughter as "she" translates to violence then the world is one fcuked up place for sure. And judges are some of the worst offenders! Too much of this 'tail wagging the dog' bull shit happening.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You're obviously in a generational dispute. Our (me, Capt., Sleepy, taxslave, Colpy) generation not only survived but our ideals actually worked, until dysfunctional people started to stir things up.

I'll agree, your generation, and those before it, survived.

Just like ours, and those after, will.

But your ideals didn't "work", they just took inconvenient ideals like being gay, Trans, etc and hid them, so that you all could pretend it didn't exist. Except it always did, just no one talked about it because it wasn't 'polite'.

Those 'dysfunctional people' were just people tired of hiding who they were, letting the 'good ol' generation' pretend they didn't exist, tired of having their rights f'ed over and stood up for themselves.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What genitalia does this kid have anyway?

Why is that important to you? I mean, what a person has in their pants doesn't matter in the discussion of gender and it's only important for people who are grossly fixated on genitalia.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And another judge accused a girl of consenting to rape because she didn't keep her knees together tight enough.
Violence includes murder, disfigurement, bruising and mayhem, not a loud discussion. Too much dramatization happening these days! If referring to your daughter as "she" translates to violence then the world is one fcuked up place for sure. And judges are some of the worst offenders! Too much of this 'tail wagging the dog' bull shit happening.

It's not just the misgendering of his kid that makes this father instigative of family violence.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...her-takes-new-turn-over-freedom-of-expression

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Gregory Bowden subsequently granted the request, concluding that there should not be any further delays to treatment, citing the boy’s risk of suicide. Bowden also went on to declare that any attempts to persuade the boy to abandon treatment, addressing the boy by his birth name or referring to the boy as a girl or with female pronouns “shall be considered to be family violence.”

The father immediately filed an appeal of Bowden’s decision, which has not yet been heard.

Meanwhile, the father’s public statements about the case came under scrutiny.

In multiple interviews before and after Bowden’s decision with The Federalist, an American conservative online magazine, and Culture Guard, a B.C.-based conservative activist group, the father continually referred to his child as female, discussed his child’s personal information in detail and stated his opposition to hormone therapy. At one point, the father expressed his hope that Fox News and Breitbart, a conservative website known for publishing far-right conspiracy theories, would cover the story.

Even though the father kept his child’s identity anonymous in his public comments, his conduct still put the child at high risk of exposure, violence, bullying and harassment, the judge found.

Marzari noted that the father’s public sharing of information about the case had exposed his child to “degrading and violent” public commentary and that the father was essentially using his child to “promote his own interests above those of his child.”

“While I accept that (the father) does not agree with (the child) as to what is in (the child’s) best interests, he has been irresponsible in the manner of expressing his disagreement and the degree of publicity which he has fostered with respect to this disagreement with his child,” Marzari said.

The father is deliberately pushing the kid's identity into the public sphere where Trans people still get backlash for who they are all the time, both on and offline.

The father was told by the judge what he could and could not do, and he ignored it.

He cared more about how people would view him, than what was best for his kid.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
He has made damn sure that every right wing nutcase in Canada is aware of the plight of this child.

The Hate Brigade will do the rest.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
In multiple interviews before and after Bowden’s decision with The Federalist, an American conservative online magazine, and Culture Guard, a B.C.-based conservative activist group, the father continually referred to his child as female, discussed his child’s personal information in detail and stated his opposition to hormone therapy.

Good for him.

Any court worthy of the name would throw this out anyway.

And if they charge him with contempt of court, he can say "well, that's the first thing you've gotten right"

Contempt is exactly what this decision deserves.....no.....requires.