Author in slander trial says Muslim school’s teachings go against Quebec values

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
But you'd still be saying that they promote KKK propaganda, no?

and he'd be slandering that school if it did NOT promote KKK propaganda. Like the dumb bitch in this article, he's too fu cking stupid to realize it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If she can not prove... yep.

But we don't know if she can or not.

She can't. her testimony is over. She admitted to not contacting the school. She admitted to not doing ANY research about the school or exactly what they teach. She wrote the blog and did the interview based solely on a pamphlet that she received and her personal experience in North Africa. She brought her own prejudices into this.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
and he'd be slandering that school if it did NOT promote KKK propaganda. Like the dumb bitch in this article, he's too fu cking stupid to realize it.

What do you know about this school ?

What do you know about what is happened in there ?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I know nothing about the school. Therefore I wouldn't be stupid enough to write or go on the radio about it. She has admitted that she also knows nothing about the school. Unfortunately for her, and fortunately for the school, she was too stupid to keep her mouth shut until she DID know what the school actually did and did not teach. She will be short at least 95k and the school will get a 95k windfall, well, 95k if the courts also award costs.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Even in the hypothetical scenario that what she said about the honour killings is true, she still needs to be able to prove that it is true on a balance of probabilities. Firstly, I don't believe that it is true (but I could be wrong). And secondly, even if it is true, she still has to prove it on a balance of probabilities.

From the article, the situation does not lok promising in her case.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
She can't. her testimony is over. She admitted to not contacting the school. She admitted to not doing ANY research about the school or exactly what they teach. She wrote the blog and did the interview based solely on a pamphlet that she received and her personal experience in North Africa. She brought her own prejudices into this.

No that's what the school's lawer, Julius Gray told.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well the examples she gave were accurate , were they not ?

Implication ?

Were they accurate? Can you post some links verifying that what she said about the school is in fact, fact?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I know nothing about the school. Therefore I wouldn't be stupid enough to write or go on the radio about it. She has admitted that she also knows nothing about the school. Unfortunately for her, and fortunately for the school, she was too stupid to keep her mouth shut until she DID know what the school actually did and did not teach. She will be short at least 95k and the school will get a 95k windfall, well, 95k if the courts also award costs.
You admit you know nothing of the school yet you are positive it has been slandered .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No that's what the school's lawer, Julius Gray told.

nope.

She acknowledged that she had not conducted deep research into the school before writing a blog post about it and giving the radio interview. She never contacted the school to make inquiries and she never visited.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
Even in the hypothetical scenario that what she said about the honour killings is true, she still needs to be able to prove that it is true on a balance of probabilities. Firstly, I don't believe that it is true (but I could be wrong). And secondly, even if it is true, she still has to prove it on a balance of probabilities.

From the article, the situation does not lok promising in her case.

She said that the model of society that school is taking, promote honour killing..... that's what she said.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You admit you know nothing of the school yet you are positive it has been slandered .
No, gerryh said if those things are not true, the school was slandered. And he's absolutely right. If you say untrue things that harm someone, that's "slander" (actually, defamation. It's libel if written or recorded and slander if oral). Truth is a defense against a slander charge. In other words, if you are accused of slander, you must prove your words true in order to prevail.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

From what the article has said, and what she has admitted to, yup, she slandered the school. She has not proven her comments to not be slanderous.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
No, gerryh said if those things are not true, the school was slandered. And he's absolutely right. If you say untrue things that harm someone, that's "slander" (actually, defamation. It's libel if written or recorded and slander if oral). Truth is a defense against a slander charge. In other words, if you are accused of slander, you must prove your words true in order to prevail.

Yes correct

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yes your right, she said that she based her opinion on the web site and other information.

She didn't put the statements forward as "her opinion", she made the statements as if they were fact.