Attack in Canada 'now probable': CSIS report

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Attack in Canada 'now

I wonder, why attack Canada? I mean, Canada is VERY tolerant of other religions and cultures and is a lot easier to immigrate to than the US.

Because we're one of the 8 most industrialized nations on the planet. Are a strong ally and trading partner of the United States. And most importantly we have boots on the ground in Afghanistan.

polnow

May 11, 2006
www.politics-now.net

It's hard to say what might happen....
Canada is definatly not prepared for a terrorist attack on the scale of New York or London, but on the other hand as I have believed for a long while....I just dont think Canada is that much of a target for terrorism...Its true we are allied with the US but we're not that "juicy" of a target. Madrid, no matter what anyone says, was a test bed for London, kinda of a way of seeing what can be done on European soil where people have been constantly under threat of terrorism of some type. (Spain -Basque, UK - IRA, Yugoslavia - KLA, Russia - Chechnya, France - themselves) so then London had to be expected. And as unsympathetic as it sounds the US had it coming. They've ruined more than enough nations around the world...I mean come on ever president has engaged in some type of war be it all out warfare, covert, or indirect... But even with Canada still being in Afghanistan I do believe we are still well down the list....can it happen....sure there's no way to say that Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal wont be a test bed like Madrid so the government should prepare for it. But that wont happen so lets hope nothing happens anytime soon....(sorry for the long rant)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This is very alarming we have formed a neighbourhood terrorist watch group, today we saw some very suspicious big jets go over at about 3 killometers but they must have been carrying out an attack further west maybe Saint John. Later as we had lunch at the corner check point we were approached in the distance by what we believe to have been an Iranian tank unit but they spotted us first and sped off along the highway toward the industrial park and the oil depot, we think they saw our red shirts and knew we meant bussiness.After the lunchtime near attack with the Iranians we had to reheat our burgers and frys on the Humvees engine block and drink some beer. On the way home to dinner we stopped at the new subdivision and shot two or three Taliban who we caught standing arround in front of the convienience store smoking dope, they don't drink you know. We got in a fight after dinner about where to put the neddle on our terror alert wheel, we settled on red, best to stay on our toes what with the war and all.We called CSIS and told them about the tanks and the Taliban they added pins on the terror map and said to keep up the good work and that every patriotic Amcanericans should keep his or hers eyes and ears to the ground stay calm and watch for the signs, report any strange people with strange ideas to the mounties.
It would be a lot easier if they'd tell us what colour the terrorists
were and what they dressed like. We had christians at the door again this evening, they were hard to get rid of, you know what there like, I think they had pistols hidden in thier bibles, tomorrow I will report them, they don't drink much either. :) god bless Amcanerica

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Another report from CSIS...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/05/29/csis-terrorthreat.html

'Home-grown terrorists' living in Canada: CSIS

Canada's spy service is warning of an increasing threat from "home-grown terrorists" already living in communities across the country.

Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) deputy director of operations Jack Hooper made the comments Monday before a Senate defence committee.

He says young Canadians from immigrant backgrounds are becoming radicalized through the internet and are looking for targets at home, not abroad.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario

Cs that's how you scare folks into supporting things they otherwise might not, like rounding certain ethnicities up or making them get microchips, it's not like it hasn't been done before, and it sure as hell works if some of the stuff I see posted here is real

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
So Canadian intelligence is trying to scare us into rounding up people and/or micro chipping them?

Do we really think CSIS is being paid to make up stories?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
still sounds to me like I'm more likely to cash in a lottery ticket and I don't buy those either.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I'm willing to bet if Canadian positions (at home) were targeted and no one said anything before hand certain people here would blame CSIS for not saying anything that could have prevented it from happening.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"The individual who trained the bombers in the August 1998 attack on the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi was a former resident of Vancouver who fought in Afghanistan," he said.

So it is some great leap to hit Canada?

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006

Yes it IS a leap- we are only propping up our own country over here, whereas north american "interests" in other countries tend to tick the indigenous people off- see "Iraq" and "Afghanistan" for current examples

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It's what some are having for dinner.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006

Naww I'm vegetarian, and once again a great example of someone with absolutely NO actual facts judging a situation prematurely- where have I heard that charge before?? (BTW when a "picture" is just a crappy GIF it doesn't necessarily count for saying ANY words, much less 1000) :D

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
You mean like you here...

mabudon said:
Cs that's how you scare folks into supporting things they otherwise might not, like rounding certain ethnicities up or making them get microchips, it's not like it hasn't been done before, and it sure as hell works if some of the stuff I see posted here is real

Eat the crow, it's good for you.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006

Hey man, that stuff was actually in the Nazi playbook, the concept and specific practices of controlling a civilian population through fear is well documented, FACTS if you will

You can have my serving of the bird btw :D