April Fools!! Here's your Carbon Tax F#ckers!!!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
That is the Canadian way. I have lost track now, because I am no longer logging, but in the 1980s there was (maybe still is) a federal tax on marine fuel that only applied to the West Coast. There was the Crow freight rate, now gone, that made freight rates higher for manufactured goods going east from BC than the rate on those same cars brining manufactured goods West. To protect manufacturing in OntariOWE.
Another good one that I don't see how the government unions let pass. A civilian working for DND is paid different rates for the same job in different parts of the country based on the cost of living in that area.
That latter one is true. Depending on where you lived, rent in the PMQ's (for example) was based on the local economy. I'll have to ask hubby when I see him if his pay had anything to do with it as well because I can't remember (this was before we owned our own home so back in the '70's & '80's). But the local economy was definitely part of the calculation. Our first PMQ was in Shilo and since Brandon wasn't a great place to be economically, our rent was fairly cheap. It took me almost a year to find employment there at the time.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wait. . . serious though admittedly ignorant question (dumb Yank, y'know). . . the Federal carbon tax is imposed on some provinces and not on others?
It’s just the whining of the Westernesse… Oh wait….
Some provinces inflicted their own carbon scam tax on the population. As long as it is equal to, or greater than the fed scam tax it is good. It seems turdOWE's tax is really a wealth redistribution scheme, if some people get rebates and some don't.
BC had one of the first carbon scam taxes , to buy green votes. It was revenue neutral, in that it was offset by reductions in other taxes. Then we got an NDP government that upped the carbon tax and eliminated the reductions in other taxes so it became a cash cow.
…& was an absolute Boon to the economy of Washington State as more & more people just crossed the border for gas and groceries. “Look at us saving the World!!”

Attachments

• 1662398101077.jpeg
    1662398101077.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It’s just the whining of the Westernesse… Oh wait….

…& was an absolute Boon to the economy of Washington State as more & more people just crossed the border for gas and groceries. “Look at us saving the World!!”
Its the same price in SK as it is in WA, its purely taxes that puts Vancouver gas at 35 cents more per L than Pt Bob's or Blaine WA.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Its the same price in SK as it is in WA, its purely taxes that puts Vancouver gas at 35 cents more per L than Pt Bob's or Blaine.
People from Vancouver weren’t popping over to Saskatchewan to fill their tanks and their cupboards…. because Saskatchewan and Vancouver were not separated by an imaginary political line. Washington state and British Columbia are side-by-side.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSRN_sPQLB0

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Indeed but we are all in the same gasoline market with a set wholesale price. Taxes set the varying retail prices.

In Vancouver, drivers pay 56 cents per litre in taxes while drivers in Victoria pay 47 cents per litre, according to the B.C. Utilities Commission. Drivers in the rest of B.C. pay 43 cents in taxes per litre of gasoline.May 10, 2022
https://vancouversun.com › news

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Indeed but we are all in the same gasoline market with a set wholesale price. Taxes set the varying retail prices.

In Vancouver, drivers pay 56 cents per litre in taxes while drivers in Victoria pay 47 cents per litre, according to the B.C. Utilities Commission. Drivers in the rest of B.C. pay 43 cents in taxes per litre of gasoline.May 10, 2022

I hear you. The taxes are the big difference. Trudeau can force the various provinces to impose carbon taxes upon themselves or he’ll impose it for them ‘for their own good’ making them Financially uncompetitive with neighbouring & physically connected jurisdictions.

(What carbon taxes or cap & trade schemes have been imposed upon Washington or Idaho or Montana or North Dakota, etc… by Trudeau or Biden or the UN or the WEF or Satan or any other entity so far?)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

15 cents per litre

The tax rate is: 15 cents per litre on gasoline and diesel fuel; 9 cents per litre on propane; and. 1.5 cents per litre on aviation gas and jet fuel.
https://www.saskatchewan.ca › fuel-t...

Fuel Tax Licences - Government of Saskatchewan

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I hear you. The taxes are the big difference. Trudeau can force the various provinces to impose carbon taxes upon themselves or he’ll impose it for them ‘for their own good’ making them Financially uncompetitive with neighbouring & physically connected jurisdictions.

(What carbon taxes or cap & trade schemes have been imposed upon Washington or Idaho or Montana or North Dakota, etc… by Trudeau or Biden or the UN or the WEF or Satan or any other entity so far?)
When I live there I go to Silverdale for gas. Its as cheap or cheaper than WA. I dont like paying Metro 9 cents a litre they claim goes for transit. Transit already makes up a hefty chunk of your BC Hydro bill and municipal taxes.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
BSE, Avian flu, blights, insects and invasive plants.
That’s a lot to ask of a carbon tax.
Thats CBSA
Yep. Not sure what that has to do with the difference in taxation rates attached to the price of gasoline, or the carbon taxes on top of that which affect the price of everything that has been shipped in Canada….& to the best of my knowledge (which means little), CBSA isn’t funded funded by carbon taxes or any other direct provincial funding.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yep. Not sure what that has to do with the difference in taxation rates attached to the price of gasoline, or the carbon taxes on top of that which affect the price of everything that has been shipped in Canada….& to the best of my knowledge (which means little), CBSA isn’t funded funded by carbon taxes or any other direct provincial funding.
You asked aboot groceries.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You asked aboot groceries.
Actually, I was asking about the benefit of a carbon tax in a jurisdiction bordering a neighbouring jurisdiction that doesn’t charge a carbon tax. The carbon tax doesn’t just affect fuels, but everything that is shipped using fuels.

You can consider the jurisdiction as provinces bordering states, or as Canada bordering the United States. Canada is cutting off its nose to spite its face with this nonsense.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Actually, I was asking about the benefit of a carbon tax in a jurisdiction bordering a neighbouring jurisdiction that doesn’t charge a carbon tax. The carbon tax doesn’t just affect fuels, but everything that is shipped using fuels.

You can consider the jurisdiction as provinces bordering states, or as Canada bordering the United States. Canada is cutting off its nose to spite its face with this nonsense.
WA gets a carbon tax July 1 2023. It wont change anything, by then our wi have increased again and no, price of goods dont vary Province to Province. Check flyer apps on prices Canada wide, they are static.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
WA gets a carbon tax July 1 2023. It wont change anything, by then our wi have increased again and no, price of goods dont vary Province to Province. Check flyer apps on prices Canada wide, they are static.
Ugh….I’ve never said that the price of goods vary province to province. That’s not where I was going with respect to the carbon tax & other things that make goods less affordable and one jurisdiction and more affordable and others (like stepping across the border from Vancouver into Washington state to buy your fuel for your tank and your groceries at the same time) to avoid the carbon tax increase on everything.

The fact that Washington state will have a carbon tax come in to play in the future 10 months from now changes the fact that given the opportunity for somebody in BC to cross the border to buy their fuel and groceries now because it’s cheaper making BC local purchasing less competitive for the last several years how?
Unless Washington state future carbon tax is the same as or greater than British Columbia’s carbon tax as of July 2023, that still gives Washington state a competitive advantage over those in British Columbia that I’ve had this carbon tax imposed upon them for years now.
15 cents per litre

The tax rate is: 15 cents per litre on gasoline and diesel fuel; 9 cents per litre on propane; and. 1.5 cents per litre on aviation gas and jet fuel.
https://www.saskatchewan.ca › fuel-t...

Fuel Tax Licences - Government of Saskatchewan

Yes, via IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) I’m very familiar with the fuel tax rates provincially & state to state, as that’s a significant part of what I track month to month in my occupation.
Actually, I was asking about the benefit of a carbon tax in a jurisdiction bordering a neighbouring jurisdiction that doesn’t charge a carbon tax.
All Canadian Provinces have to charge some kind’a Trudeau approved carbon tax or Trudeau will impose something upon them for their own good that’s Liberal approved, so grocery flies showing prices province to province are irrelevant.
The carbon tax doesn’t just affect fuels, but everything that is shipped using fuels.