Anti-war crowd are demoralizing our troops.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
"or his assertion to our Troops as war criminals."

he never said that.

I'm not entirely sure I'd be entirely satisfied with what he theoretically would try and manage to organize, but I agee with step one. Getting back in ASAP would be a good idea, though.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I've heard stories, and I have no proof, of soldiers in conflicts who oppose the war and don't speak out for various reasons. If they're on camera they have to say certain things, maintain a certain image. I wonder if Canadian soldiers who feel the war will not be won and that they should leave are advised not to say so.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've heard stories, and I have no proof, of soldiers in conflicts who oppose the war and don't speak out for various reasons. If they're on camera they have to say certain things, maintain a certain image. I wonder if Canadian soldiers who feel the war will not be won and that they should leave are advised not to say so.
There is a Code of Conduct to adhere to. But for the most part our Troops, from the ones I've talk to, want to be there and see their actions as warranted and needed.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
We went to Afghanistan for the right reasons. But the mission itself has come off the rails over the past few years. One reason is that the humanitarian/reconstruction aspect of the mission has been GROSSLY underfunded. You can't win a war if you can't win the hearts and minds of the people. Worn cliche, but true. Another reason is that the mission is getting tangled up with the so-called 'war on drugs'. Why the hell should we be destroying poppy fields, which thousands of people rely on for a living?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Partly because the solution involves the opium derivative oligarchy getting off its fat ass and doing something for a change. Its easier to just buy a few lobbyists, lay low and go with the flow. Its not like the status quo is causing any work shortages. Over here, anyways.