ANTI-AMERICAN BIAS --- THE ZEITGEIST OF THE WORLD

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: ANTI-AMERICAN BIAS --

Reverend Blair said:
You're going to be waiting for a long time, I think not. Does anti-Americanism exist in Canada? Certainly. It isn't rampant though and most of it has been well-earned.

Really? Would you mind providing any information on how it is well-earned?

Am I anti-American? Nope.

You most certainly are one of the best examples of it

I will not sit quietly by when I see atrocities being committed to people and the environment though.

Nor would I expect you or anyone else to

If you choose to interpret that as anti-Americanism it says more about you than it does about me.

I never chose to interpret being against the American government as being anti-american, this is your spin, not mine

I would say that anti-Canadianism, as part of a dark undercurrent of xenophobia and jingoism, has become a large part of the psyche of the American political system though, and that it is spreading through your entertainment industry and into much of your population.

Give me a few examples Rev if you would please

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Vanni Fucci said:
This is my take on anti-americanism...

*pulls up a chair, and lights a smoke*

I think I'll join you

Before Bush, people around the world were suspicious of American involvement in world affairs...but it was somewhere along the lines of "Oh those Americans, what are they up to now?"

You're not even close

Since Bush, and his foreign policies and his "if your not with us, your agin us" rhetoric, the world has taken a much harsher view of the country...why?

BECAUSE YOU F**kING ELECTED HIM...TWICE!!!

An opinion I happen to share with you

Now if you're wondering why the world thinks Americans are dumb-ass redneck hillbillies...think about that...your country saw fit to elect this prick twice...and that doesn't speak well for your country's collective judgement or common sense...

That is an opinion that is driven by intolerance to someone elses view

Now that I've got that out of my system, I'll strike to the heart of the matter...

I think the reason that you are seeing anti-americanism everywhere, is because you know your country has done wrong, and you're sensitive to what other people think about you...which is natural...the guilt from everything that Bush's administration does, from torture to murder to theft of natural resources is deflected onto the citizens, who ultimately put him and his cabinet in the position to do these things...and even if you didn't vote for him, it doesn't change the fact that your country did...

You most certainly have a point to a certain extent there

That your country need some healing is obvious...as does our own...but claiming anti-this or anti-that does nothing to remedy anything, and only perpetuates the root cause of all your country's woes...because after all, if we're not with you, we're agin you...

I never screamed anti-americanism because people hate Bush, his policies or his predecessors. It runs alot deeper, you can see this clearly in Canadian society.In fact, it was Canadians, correction (North American British Subjects) that were the first anti-americans

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I already have...in this thread, on other places on this board, and on other places on the internet. I see no reason to go over it all again.

You made up your mind based on on your own misperceptions before you decided to start hollering. You will now have to live with those misperceptions.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I think not said:
Now if you're wondering why the world thinks Americans are dumb-ass redneck hillbillies...think about that...your country saw fit to elect this prick twice...and that doesn't speak well for your country's collective judgement or common sense...

Intolerance of the PNAC, Neo-con agenda? Absolutely!!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Reverend Blair said:

I already have...in this thread, on other places on this board, and on other places on the internet. I see no reason to go over it all again.

You made up your mind based on on your own misperceptions before you decided to start hollering. You will now have to live with those misperceptions.

Every one of your points is either blatantly false or easily countered regarding anti-americanism and the existance of anti-canadianism in the US. You aren't interested in honesty and rational thought or in constructive discourse; on many issues, there is no truly "right" answer and in virtually all instances, reasonable people can differ. You, however, will only believe that which supports your preconceptions, no matter its veracity.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Vanni Fucci said:
I think not said:

So am I, however your comment in bold transcends intolerance of PNAC and the Neo-con agenda

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Every one of your points is either blatantly false or easily countered regarding anti-americanism and the existance of anti-canadianism in the US.

And yet you have failed to counter a single one and have shown none of them to be false.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I'm not going to take a field trip Rev searching your site and other "posts" you have all over the internet. If they are already posted somewhere cutting and pasting takes a few minutes, if indeed you are interested in constructive conversation, which doesn't appear to be the case.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I think not said:
Vanni Fucci said:
I think not said:

So am I, however your comment in bold transcends intolerance of PNAC and the Neo-con agenda

Nevertheless, I didn't say that was my opinion...I think there are those that fit that description in your Executive and Legislative branches, and the numbers are growing under your current leadership...

Tell you what, once your country sees fit to elect a rational president, come talk to me then... :wink:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Reverend Blair wrote the following:

Milsovec, Mugabe, Saddam, and Kim are not presently occupying a country to control a resource that's killing the planet. They do not have a history of trying to dominate the international stage. They do not force unfair trade restrictions on other nations while ignoring international rulings. They are not trying to privatise water in countries their leader has likely never even heard of.

They are bad people, but their sphere's are limited. As for there never being any protests against them...wrong again, my little buckaroo. Human rights groups have been protesting against them constantly. The protests aren't as large, but they do exist. Why would they be as large when the sphere's of those dictators are limited?

--------------end of Reverend Blair quote

Their sphere is limited ?

Without going into ad nauseum detail, I find every statement you made suspect and full of assumptions and beg for legitimate debate.

I find you, Reverend Blair, to be interesting, intelligent and well-read and so instead of me pointing out the obvious, what if you were to re-evaluate your above statement in a more critical and honest fashion?

I think this is a legitimate question for you.