Anna Nicole Smith dies after collapse

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
CDN, people of the future will likely view this as one of the great transitional periods of modern history. Where immigration was used as a weapon to supplant a culture that already was tottering. I look about me and there's little to cheer about. The younger generation has tuned out all the problems of the world and is busily being husbanded by technology. Their lives are a vortex of cellphones, computer chats, ipods and video games. But that's not the real world. There are those in the real world who are astonished by how easy it is to displace one culture by another as most of the West's young are increasingly asleep at the wheel.
I see a recent American survey carried by CNN as further proof of how out of touch today's young are. The report targeting cellphone abuse states that 1 in 4 Amercan teens has been harassed with constant text messaging between midnight and 5 a.m. by a love interest using technology to control them. One in three reports being stalked by cellphone during the day as a boyfriend or girlfriend attempts to own their time. Glib word that: owned. A favourite of the cool. They are owned by technology and most haven't the least idea that they are or what it means.

Reactions: CDNBear

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDN, people of the future will likely view this as one of the great transitional periods of modern history. Where immigration was used as a weapon to supplant a culture that already was tottering. I look about me and there's little to cheer about. The younger generation has tuned out all the problems of the world and is busily being husbanded by technology. Their lives are a vortex of cellphones, computer chats, ipods and video games. But that's not the real world. There are those in the real world who are astonished by how easy it is to displace one culture by another as most of the West's young are increasingly asleep at the wheel.
I see a recent American survey carried by CNN as further proof of how out of touch today's young are. The report targeting cellphone abuse states that 1 in 4 Amercan teens has been harassed with constant text messaging between midnight and 5 a.m. by a love interest using technology to control them. One in three reports being stalked by cellphone during the day as a boyfriend or girlfriend attempts to own their time. Glib word that: owned. A favourite of the cool. They are owned by technology and most haven't the least idea that they are or what it means.
Amazing post!!!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I would agree with you, cept for the fact that I did not base my opinion on the fundamentalists of Islam or the Evanglists, by watching CNN. I have based it on the evidence that permiates the net, some real, some not. I have also seen it first hand. If your opinion that it is all a product of the right, then why is it the left, when in power, use, maitain and propogate, the same level of discourse and disingenuos BS? Even in the solialist bastiens of the world, the view is hardly as open as you would want it to be.

When was the left in power in the west?:wave:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Every thread is the ME haters thread on this board.:|
I don't hate the ME, it is full of beauty, history, rich cultural diversity. There is but a few draw backs. US foriegn policy, extremists, terrorists. But beyond that, there is a wonderous region, full of bright beautiful people, yurning to be set free from the shackles of others follies!!!

But I don't hate the ME.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Darkbeaver, I think it's plausible. I look at England and its desperate moves now to contain Islamic radicalism/extremism. Imams in various parts of the country have been caught on tape exhorting young Muslims to put their roots and religion first. And act accordingly. I think it's a serious issue. And I do know, if these things do come to fruition in the future that citizens of the West of that time will hate this generation for it.

It's easy to distort and expand and manipulate, we can hardly conduct nuclear war without proper vilification of the target population. Do the examples we see and hear about reflect a signifigant fraction of the whole? It would be entirely counterproductive for people of middle eastern heritage to implant a culture in the western world that they imigrated away from in the first place.The radical elements are not indicative of the whole, they represent an insignifigant number, and you have to wonder who's paid to say what and who's paid to search out the situation to fit the story.:wave:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Dark beaver, what's important is to seize the forest. All relevant surveys I'm aware of for the last two years are raising flags on multiculturalism in Canada. Integration is stalled. Visible minorities continue to have problems perceiving themselves first as Canadians. And this is becoming a second generation problem. I live close to Toronto. I'm aware of its 'enclaving.' It's disturbing. A city I used to know has become a patchwork of ethnic communities each with little tie to the other. I have no problem whatsoever conceiving of a diaspora that has machination in mind. In fact, it's quite clever. And the West, intellectually stuffy and laughably naive, is asleep as it happens.