30%

LIB
22%

BQ
7%

GRN
5%

Good Grief! The end is near.

Yeah, the end of useless jets and corporate tax cuts.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Assuming this was a true representation of seats -- I'm aware that it's not, but let's assume this is what happened after the vote.. I would see a very strong case for an NDP-Liberal coalition. The Bloc joining in would just be icing on the cake.

If sanity rules, there will be a Conservative Liberal coalition.........thus providing a majority without BQ support.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Assuming this was a true representation of seats -- I'm aware that it's not, but let's assume this is what happened after the vote.. I would see a very strong case for an NDP-Liberal coalition. The Bloc joining in would just be icing on the cake.

Somehow I doubt it. I think Jack would revel in being the official opposition and would start building toward the next government. Why throw in with a bunch of slubs from the other parties when you can topple the government in a year or two while reinforcing yourself to win the next election.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

The Bloc would be irelevant if some seat predictions are true.

The Libs and NDP would have 205 seats combined.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Somehow I doubt it. I think Jack would revel in being the official opposition and would start building toward the next government. Why throw in with a bunch of slubs from the other parties when you can topple the government in a year or two while reinforcing yourself to win the next election.

....or a marraige of the two parties with Jack as PM, since his poll numbers are crushing both Lil Steve and Iggystien at 49%.8O

Liberal/Democrats.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Why would they even bother with the Bloc if the two parties combined for 52% of the vote?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, Lil Steve has done such a good job of it so far.:roll:

Yeah, our economy was well on its way to recovery. :roll:

Lil Avro it's okay to acknowledge that.

If your the business man you claim to be, you better start protecting your investment, because Jack will be upping his credit card limit if he manages to pull one out and don't think you wont be affected.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It is time we got some meaningful change I am sick of going back and forth between
the two old parties that offer little in the way of new ideas. After all this time over a
century, it is clear that the Liberals and Conservatives have little or nothing to offer
the electorate. After all this time if they did they would have produced results by now.
The trouble is the only results they produced supported big business and those
with foreign interests. Free Trade deals that saw our jobs leave, for foreign shores.
It is time working people, small business, and farmers got a break and now is the
time to secure it.by supporting the New Democrats. Besides it time to make the
American Tea Party nervous.

I tend to agree with that, but we don't want to go from the frying pan into the fire. If N.D.P. do everything they say for a prolonged period, our taxes are going up.............drastically. I wouldn't take the 97 seats too seriously either, I'm guessing 47 will be closer. While I haven't participated in any recent polls I have several times in the past. Quite often the poller can't speak English, so after trying to persevere for a couple of minutes, I generally end up saying 3,3,3,3,3,3 on a scale of one to five. If you don't have an answer for one of the questions they pester you until you do give one.......................how accurate is that?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

If your the business man you claim to be, you better start protecting your investment, because Jack will be upping his credit card limit if he manages to pull one out and don't think you wont be affected.

On it's way, the same way it was before Mike Harris took over in Ontario?

What about the balanced books in Sask and growth in Manitoba?

Ooggy bogey the NDP is going to ruin us with high debt......fear mongering.

Amazing what the high price of commodities will do for an economy.

Speaking of credit card limits.

Jack will cap interest rates on those.;-)

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
unless he caps the credit card rates at my rate, I forsee my credit card rate going up :-(

Newvoter

Apr 27, 2011
Canada
It's great to see the voter turnout rising! Whoever wins, it's good to see that more Canadians are voting...that's democracy

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Harper pisses away billions and you are afraid of Jack? Canada wasn't in the hole until Harper and if the Liberals hadn't left us a surplus, we would be in the same boat as the Yanks. Your unwavering support for that clown has me worried.