And Who Exactly is Against the Pipeline?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I wish people would spend as much time and energy working on a solution to the problems instead of just being hell bent on thwarting the project. What in hell is the use of being able to sit on your veranda looking at the pristine wilderness and breathing air and drinking the pristine water, if you have no food on the table and the bank is knocking your door down?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I wish people would spend as much time and energy working on a solution to the problems instead of just being hell bent on thwarting the project. What in hell is the use of being able to sit on your veranda looking at the pristine wilderness and breathing air and drinking the pristine water, if you have no food on the table and the bank is knocking your door down?

This strikes me a hyperbolic.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The Northern pipeline is opposed by most because of its location, running through pristine wilderness. The environmental impacts and the impacts on the lifestyle of the aboriginal people is all negative. There is not enough pristine wilderness left as it is. Use existing industrial corridors. But.... money, money, money... that is all anybody can think about, that and how much mindless consumerism it will allow them to indulge in.

NIMBY

Pristine? Yeah f.cking right.

Pristine once you look past the clear cuts, open pit mines and gill nets strung across all the rivers that are backed-up by massive hydro projects.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Billions of tons of food grow wild in pristine wilderness that very few even know exists. People lived in this wilderness for thousands of years without all the crap that we consider necessary today. The forest is a grocery store that nobody uses because we are too busy destroying it to buy crap we don't need.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver

Becvasue I have a pristine wilderness and food on the table.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Billions of tons of food grow wild in pristine wilderness that very few even know exists. People lived in this wilderness for thousands of years without all the crap that we consider necessary today. The forest is a grocery store that nobody uses because we are too busy destroying it to buy crap we don't need.

The Salal berries may be a little hard to find under 3' of snow. I'm not sure the average guy's wife is into foraging for supper!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You are right. There is not much left because humans have destroyed most of it to build their civilization that will eventually choke them to death in their own excrement.

He says as if he isn't part of said civilization.