America VS Canada

AngelEyez

Nov 2, 2006
lol no actually, hehe i know i wrote so much, sorry. just well at my school they had a huge discussion on americans vs canadians, and yeah....just really got me thinking. browsed the internet found this site-ending up reading something from over a year ago, but i kinda wanted to know what ppl felt like today, and i saw his post-kinda really bugged me...i have no clue why-i was on the Canadian side of tha agruement, but oh well

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Na Bill "Most" people from Torona can spell better than this poster. Now to the poster, I think the US is evil, why? Thanks for asking, transfats yes they are killing Canadians via heart desease. With out all those Merican fast food resturants Canadians would be eating seal flipper pie, eel stew, balony stew, hash-fried potatoes not the stuff people snort or smoke. Yes their killing us slowly and painfully by making our young fat, our middleaged fatter and the elderly well if the current US plan is successful we won't have any elderly. Now I know there is such a thing as free will but it's the signals from the Mother Ship that encourages us to eat fast food-we are helpless me son-helpless.I hope this helps you in your quest for knowledge.

Curio pass the bud sunshine.

Can't think about the U.S. anymore...just hanker'n fer some seal flipper pie...with Ketchup!!

Nothing wrong with a big Mac till you've had flipper meat :)

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
lol no actually, hehe i know i wrote so much, sorry. just well at my school they had a huge discussion on americans vs canadians, and yeah....just really got me thinking. browsed the internet found this site-ending up reading something from over a year ago, but i kinda wanted to know what ppl felt like today, and i saw his post-kinda really bugged me...i have no clue why-i was on the Canadian side of tha agruement, but oh well

There was a post on these forums a few weeks ago that said something to the affect of there being a "competition" going on between Canada and the U.S. The general idea of the post stated that while Canadians look down their noses at us( in the U.S.) most U.S. citizens are unaware of the competition. I think this is true. I don't dwell on Canada all day long, and I seriously doubt any Canadian is doing the same in return. Although there may be a few OCD inflicted people on these boards who are the exception to the rule.:D In general, I still feel there aren't huge glaring differences between our two people. I've met plenty of Canadians(although they were military but I don't think that matters, I'm sure the Canadian military represents a broad strata of Canadian people) and it seems that we all enjoy the same things i.e. family, friends, cookouts, and just generally having a good time.

So, where all the hate comes from? I don't know. I know our schools aren't preaching it, and our universities definitely aren't preaching it. I'd like to visit Canada someday, but the closest I've gotten is Manhattan. Just my two cents...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Woo hoo - Elvis Dropped By.....

He left something he says got stuck in his cape - when he landed....

Belong to anyone here?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
AngelEyes

What are you talking about - can't you feel the love? Americans are just now returning it....having been on the receiving end for years.

You know there is a lot of truth to this.

Years ago my brother sent me an email with a link to the CBC that mentioned that female member of the Canadian Parliment (or back bencher I think you folks call her) and I was stunned. At the time I harbored not one negative thought against Canada or Canadians. My G-Mother is a Newfie and I have a HUGE extended family there. So then I went to the CBC Forum and began reading the comments and I was FLOORED at the scope of anti-US rhetoric. So then I signed up and the rest is history. When I heard the forum closed there I heard about this and came here.

I have become a lot calmer since the shake up at Canadian Content last winter and the more moderate climate in these forums. But boy I came on here with both guns blazing.

But every once in awhile you get that Canadian, and we all know who they are that basically say

"The US is awful... Everyone hates you... we hate you... its all your fault... look at these graphs and charts and pies... you see... the blame is yours for everything bad that has ever happened to mankind... and every thing you say is a lie and is a fraud."

Then on the same breath they say

"Gee... what is with these Americans saying bad things about Canada?"

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Eaglesmack those very same Canadians are the ones that will scream the loudest for the US to help us when we need help. They are also the ones whom expect the US to be the worlds White Night, solving all problems that exist but they balk at the US doing what it has to do get the job done. Damned if ya do and damned if ya don't.

Dalreg

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2006
Saskatchewan eh!
I have no idea what this thread is all about. I'm so confused with all the flipper meat, mother ships, BC bud, Tim Hortons.

I'll have a double doulbe hold the flipper.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Oh to be 16 again! How simple the world seemed! How firm one's convictions, the ideology that one knows much better how to handle things than those old-fashioned adults..sighh..