All parties full of B.S.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Really? Perhaps you could reflect on the fact that many of the institutions that help provide for your long term comfort and security, like medicare, public pensions, employment insurance, paid vacation time, maternity leave, paid sick leave, the 40 hour work week, weekends, the right to strike and collective bargaining, and all the other things that make up the social safety net, were ideas that came from people like those you so disparagingly label dippers.

Forty hr weeks are for slackers. You will never get ahead that way.
One saturday morning in the cookhouse in Kitamat I noticed an electrician wearing their union t shirt with the slogan "Unions-the people that brought you the 40 hr week" While he is about to start day six on doubletime. I doubt he saw the irony.
The NDp is all about greed. Take from those that have(and even some that don't) and give to those that want but are too lazy to go out and get it for themselves.

So would you suggest shutting down the social safety net as a way of dealing with the debt?

Lots of it could certainly be cut way back. Particularly $15 daycare paid for by those that don't have kids.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Taxslave would change his masters. They'd reduce him faster more efficiently but he'd still have a job as long as he could stand 14 hours at the drill press six days a week. You'd be retired to a field somewhere behind the mill to live out your last weeks in the cold. He hates children, thinks they should be dressed in rags and run wild in the sewage covered streets. All he wants is some head.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So would you suggest shutting down the social safety net as a way of dealing with the debt?

Not all of it, but I would definitely have people do things they CAN do for themselves.

Taxslave would change his masters. They'd reduce him faster more efficiently but he'd still have a job as long as he could stand 14 hours at the drill press six days a week. You'd be retired to a field somewhere behind the mill to live out your last weeks in the cold. He hates children, thinks they should be dressed in rags and run wild in the sewage covered streets. All he wants is some head.

Getting a wee bit carried away aren't you?

On the flip side of the coin..............."All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

Forty hr weeks are for slackers.

I think 40 hours is enough, in some trades maybe less to help employ more people. Working smart is more important than working long.