Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
AOC won’t be president because so many Americans 'hate women'
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Sep 08, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 2 minute read • 11 Comments
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the cover of GQ magazine.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the cover of GQ magazine. PHOTO BY CRUZ VALDEZ FOR GQ /Twitter
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she could never be elected president because so many Americans “hate women” and “would never let that happen.”

The New York Democrat covers the latest issue of GQ magazine where she is touted as “the political voice of a general — and culture star whose power transcends politics.”

In the wide-ranging interview, Ocasio-Cortez discusses a future bid for the White House, but her experience in Congress has given her “a front-row seat to how deeply and unconsciously, as well as consciously, so many people in this country hate women.”

She added: “And they hate women of colour.”

AOC says people often ask her about the future and her response is grim.

“Realistically, I can’t even tell you if I’m going to be alive in September,” she told the magazine. “And that weighs very heavily on me. And it’s not just the right wing. Misogyny transcends political ideology: left, right, center.”

She continued: “I admit to sometimes believing that I live in a country that would never let that happen.”

When girls tell her they want her to be POTUS one day, Ocasio-Cortez struggles with it.

“It’s very difficult for me to talk about because it provokes a lot of inner conflict in that I never want to tell a little girl what she can’t do,” she explained. “And I don’t want to tell young people what is not possible. I’ve never been in the business of doing that. But at the same time…”

Ocasio-Cortez also said any potential bid for the presidency would be impeded by the political system, from the Senate to the Supreme Court.

“There are still plenty of limitations,” she said. “It’s tough, it’s really tough.”

She described the “open hostility” she faced from other Democrats after taking office in 2018.

“Since I got here, literally day one, even before day one, I’ve experienced a lot of targeting diminishment from my party,” she explained. “And the pervasiveness of that diminishment, it was all-encompassing at times. I feel a little more steady on my own two feet now.”

She admitted, however, “But would I say that I have the power to shift the elected federal Democratic Party? No.”
View attachment 15509
The ol' "poor me" syndrome. Why is anyone surprised. She's a narcissist!!

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
AOC won’t be president because so many Americans 'hate women'
Publishing date:Sep 08, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 2 minute read • 11 Comments
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the cover of GQ magazine.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the cover of GQ magazine. PHOTO BY CRUZ VALDEZ FOR GQ /Twitter
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she could never be elected president because so many Americans “hate women” and “would never let that happen.”

The New York Democrat covers the latest issue of GQ magazine where she is touted as “the political voice of a general — and culture star whose power transcends politics.”

In the wide-ranging interview, Ocasio-Cortez discusses a future bid for the White House, but her experience in Congress has given her “a front-row seat to how deeply and unconsciously, as well as consciously, so many people in this country hate women.”

She added: “And they hate women of colour.”

AOC says people often ask her about the future and her response is grim.

“Realistically, I can’t even tell you if I’m going to be alive in September,” she told the magazine. “And that weighs very heavily on me. And it’s not just the right wing. Misogyny transcends political ideology: left, right, center.”

She continued: “I admit to sometimes believing that I live in a country that would never let that happen.”

When girls tell her they want her to be POTUS one day, Ocasio-Cortez struggles with it.

“It’s very difficult for me to talk about because it provokes a lot of inner conflict in that I never want to tell a little girl what she can’t do,” she explained. “And I don’t want to tell young people what is not possible. I’ve never been in the business of doing that. But at the same time…”

Ocasio-Cortez also said any potential bid for the presidency would be impeded by the political system, from the Senate to the Supreme Court.

“There are still plenty of limitations,” she said. “It’s tough, it’s really tough.”

She described the “open hostility” she faced from other Democrats after taking office in 2018.

“Since I got here, literally day one, even before day one, I’ve experienced a lot of targeting diminishment from my party,” she explained. “And the pervasiveness of that diminishment, it was all-encompassing at times. I feel a little more steady on my own two feet now.”

She admitted, however, “But would I say that I have the power to shift the elected federal Democratic Party? No.”
View attachment 15509
i dont think that she will run against biden.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
AOC blames pandemic for why she owns Tesla, not union-made vehicle
Published Sep 25, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was called out for owning a Tesla, not a union-made vehicle, and she defended the choice – by citing COVID.

The progressive New York representative appeared on CBS’s Face the Nation over the weekend to discuss U.S. President Joe Biden’s upcoming visit to striking autoworkers in Michigan.

Host Margaret Brennan couldn’t help but point out AOC’s own choice of vehicle, and her reasons were baffling, to say the least.

“One of the things that’s happening in the auto industry, as you know, is this market shift and transition to electric vehicles,” Brennan says in her lead-in, before going in for the kill.

“You were quoted in July saying you look forward to buying a union-made electric vehicle, but you currently have a non-union-made Tesla. UAW already makes some electric vehicles. Why wasn’t that… Is it a problem with the quality? Is it a problem with the style? Is the market just not there?” Brennan asked.

“No,” Ocasio-Cortez responded.

She explained: “Our car was purchased during the pandemic when travel, before a vaccine had come out, so travel between New York and Washington, the safest way we had determined was an EV, but that was prior to some of the new models coming out on the market that had the range available.”

AOC added with a smile: “But we’re actually looking into trading in our car now. So, we’re looking into it, and hopefully we will soon.”

United Auto Workers members went on strike against the Ford, General Motors and Stellantis on Sept. 15 and are seeking shorter work weeks, higher compensation and better retirement benefits.

Biden visits striking workers on Tuesday; former President Donald Trump is expected in Michigan on Wednesday, Fox News reported.

Brennan also asked AOC her thoughts on the UAW not yet giving Biden an endorsement for 2024. Union president Shawn Fain said Sunday that the UAW’s endorsement had to be “earned.”

AOC responded: “President Biden showing up to the picket line on Tuesday is a historic, historic event.”

She added: “We have never seen in modern history a president show up to a picket line like this and I think it should be earned, it needs to be earned, and I believe President Biden is working towards that, especially when he lands in Michigan on Tuesday to earn that.”

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
AOC blames pandemic for why she owns Tesla, not union-made vehicle
Published Sep 25, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was called out for owning a Tesla, not a union-made vehicle, and she defended the choice – by citing COVID.

The progressive New York representative appeared on CBS’s Face the Nation over the weekend to discuss U.S. President Joe Biden’s upcoming visit to striking autoworkers in Michigan.

Host Margaret Brennan couldn’t help but point out AOC’s own choice of vehicle, and her reasons were baffling, to say the least.

“One of the things that’s happening in the auto industry, as you know, is this market shift and transition to electric vehicles,” Brennan says in her lead-in, before going in for the kill.

“You were quoted in July saying you look forward to buying a union-made electric vehicle, but you currently have a non-union-made Tesla. UAW already makes some electric vehicles. Why wasn’t that… Is it a problem with the quality? Is it a problem with the style? Is the market just not there?” Brennan asked.

“No,” Ocasio-Cortez responded.

She explained: “Our car was purchased during the pandemic when travel, before a vaccine had come out, so travel between New York and Washington, the safest way we had determined was an EV, but that was prior to some of the new models coming out on the market that had the range available.”

AOC added with a smile: “But we’re actually looking into trading in our car now. So, we’re looking into it, and hopefully we will soon.”

United Auto Workers members went on strike against the Ford, General Motors and Stellantis on Sept. 15 and are seeking shorter work weeks, higher compensation and better retirement benefits.

Biden visits striking workers on Tuesday; former President Donald Trump is expected in Michigan on Wednesday, Fox News reported.

Brennan also asked AOC her thoughts on the UAW not yet giving Biden an endorsement for 2024. Union president Shawn Fain said Sunday that the UAW’s endorsement had to be “earned.”

AOC responded: “President Biden showing up to the picket line on Tuesday is a historic, historic event.”

She added: “We have never seen in modern history a president show up to a picket line like this and I think it should be earned, it needs to be earned, and I believe President Biden is working towards that, especially when he lands in Michigan on Tuesday to earn that.”

Why women shouldnt be in politics...

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
She could have bought a foreign made EV too. But she didn't.
I live in the wrong part of the country to check, but it would be interesting to see how many foreign made vehicles are in the parking lots at our major car manufacturers facilities.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Elon Musk trolls AOC before giving ‘unfiltered’ view of migrants crisis
Published Sep 29, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

Perhaps it was Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s recent – albeit, odd – comments about getting rid of her Tesla that lit a fire under Elon Musk.

He responded to a video on X that shows Ocasio-Cortez comparing New York City’s migrant crisis to the number of people who came to the U.S. through Ellis Island more than a century ago.

“The numbers – when it comes to people coming to New York City today – are nothing, I’m telling you, nothing, compared to the daily amounts of people that we saw coming in through Ellis Island in the first half of (last) century,” Ocasio-Cortez said in the video posted to her Instagram account last week.

She went on to say “more than 12 million immigrants passed through Ellis Island between 1892 and 1954.”

AOC continued in her attempt to play down the migrant mess: “We had seen just huge numbers of people coming in per day that far eclipsed what we’re seeing right now.”

Conservative commentator Ashley St. Clair shared the video with the caption: “Girl math is saying immigrants coming legally through Ellis Island is the same as 3 million undocumented migrants pouring through our border and costing NYC $1,000,000,000 to house migrants for free in hotels.”

Musk replied to St. Clair’s post, writing: “She’s just not that smart.”

AOC shot back, “I wasn’t born rich and became the youngest woman in American history to be elected to Congress,” then listed a few more accomplishments including authoring “the largest FEMA funeral assistance program in history, before advising Musk to “Stay mad.”

He replied, presumably sarcastically, “I take it back – you’re obviously a genius.”

Musk continued: “First, please allow me to congratulate you on these epic achievements. However, have you considered, rather than ‘funeral assistance,’ that FEMA focus its funding on preventing funerals in the first place?”

As NYC struggles with tens of thousands of asylum-seekers, Musk put on a cowboy hat to visit the border at Eagle Pass, Tex., where he livestreamed a tour of the area to give viewers a real sense of what is actually going on there.

Musk went live on X saying he was going to speak with officials and “eyeball the situation to get the real story.”

He added: “This is real time, unfiltered. What you see is what I see.”

He spoke with U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas about the crisis, who confirmed it was a “serious issue.”

Musk said he is “extremely pro immigrant” but explained there needs to be expanded immigration that allows hard-working, honest people to legally come to the U.S. while not allowing immigrants who are going to break the law to enter the country.

The feed went offline before he began another 13-minute video.

“Good to see Elon having to do the job of the MSM and of the politicians who are literally paid to do this but refuse,” one fan commented.

Another added: “Doing what the politicians SHOULD be doing. Elon is GOATED.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Hamas fanboys harass AOC, NY pol wants 9/11 lessons to focus on Islamophobia
Get the latest from Brad Hunter straight to your inbox

Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Published Mar 05, 2024 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read
Lefty spitfire Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez got a taste of her own medicine from Hamas fanboys. SCREENGRAB/ FNTV
Lefty spitfire Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez got a taste of her own medicine from Hamas fanboys. SCREENGRAB/ FNTV
First, they came after the Jews. Then, they came after AOC …

Beloved lefty spitfire Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez found the tables turned outside a Brooklyn theatre when pro-Hamas protesters demanded that she step up and call the military campaign in Gaza a “genocide.”

The woke Democrat was going to the movies with fiance Riley Roberts when she was set upon. AOC responded by saying she’d already called the incursion a genocide, video of the incident reveals.

Then the progressive lost her cool with an F-bomb.

With an iPhone jammed into her face, AOC snapped: “I need you to understand that this is not OK.”

The protester replied: “It’s not OK that there’s a genocide happening and you’re not actively against it.”

That’s when she replied: “You’re lying.”

But that wasn’t enough for the gaggle of protesters and she appeared steaming mad.

She raged: “You’re gonna cut it … and you’re gonna clip this so that it’s completely out of context. I already said that it was and y’all are just gonna pretend that it wasn’t over and over again. It’s f***ed up, man. And you’re not helping these people, and you’re not helping them, you’re not helping them.”

AOC has previously tweeted that “The whole point of protesting is to make (people) uncomfortable.”

Meanwhile, another New York Democrat wants schools to change their curriculum on lessons about the devastating terror attacks on 9/11.

Catalina Cruz believes that the narrative should be changed for kindergarten to Grade 12 students away from Osama bin Laden and the al-Qaida terrorists responsible for the slaughter of 3,000 people.

Instead, Cruz has tabled a bill that instead focuses on “xenophobia” and anti-Muslim hate crimes that occurred following the attacks, the Daily Mail reports. The baffling bill would focus on Islamophobia.

But Michele Exner of Parents Defending Education called the idea “idiotic.”

“Terrorists attacked America on 9/11 and took the lives of nearly 3,000 innocent people,” Exner told the Mail.

“These are the facts, and it is a day students should be required to learn about in schools. It is disgusting that this idiotic legislation aims to minimize those atrocities by focusing on more race-baiting instead of truth-telling.”

In full revision mode, Cruz wants schools to teach the build-up to 9/11, the deadly attacks, the ‘heroism’ of first responders, and the War on Terror that saw U.S. troops deployed in Afghanistan, Iraq and beyond.

But the caveat is that Islamophobia would zoom to the top of the marquee. Attacks on Muslims following the attack soared, with many in the community saying they were bullied, harassed and discriminated against.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Democrats should give the keys to Elon and let him run for election. Would improve their odds and make a more interesting race imo.

Reactions: Taxslave2

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
AOC defends accusing Israel of 'genocide' in House of Representatives speech
Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Mar 25, 2024 • 1 minute read

Left-wing activist Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is defending her speech accusing Israel of committing genocide against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

The U.S. representative from New York has been critical of the Jewish state’s policies toward Palestinians. During a speech on the House floor on Friday, she used the term “genocide.

“The word is extremely serious. It’s one that’s taken with extraordinary gravity. And to me the threshold of intent is a high one,” the congresswoman told CNN’s State of the Union on Sunday, per the New York Post.

“However, when we look at the precipice of what is happening with a forced famine of 1.1 million Gazans … I believe we have crossed the threshold of intent,” she added, emphasizing that multiple governments and organizations have accused Israel of hamstringing critical aid to people in Gaza.

“What we are seeing here, I think, with a forced famine is beyond our ability to deny or explain away.”

Pro-Palestinian protesters earlier this month accosted Ocasio-Cortez and her fiance Riley Roberts outside of a Brooklyn movie theatre for stopping short of dubbing the war a “genocide.”

She told them she had labelled the war as such before.

“I already said that it was and y’all are just gonna pretend that it wasn’t over and over again. It’s f—ed up, man,” she told one protester who recorded her.

“And you’re not helping these people, you’re not helping them.”

On CNN, Ocasio-Cortez said, “We and the Israeli government have a right to go after Hamas,” but she cautioned that there’s “a population of millions of innocent Palestinians” caught in the crosshairs.

Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, triggering a war after about 1,200 Israelis were killed.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
AOC defends accusing Israel of 'genocide' in House of Representatives speech
Author of the article:postmedia News
Published Mar 25, 2024 • 1 minute read

Left-wing activist Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is defending her speech accusing Israel of committing genocide against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

The U.S. representative from New York has been critical of the Jewish state’s policies toward Palestinians. During a speech on the House floor on Friday, she used the term “genocide.

“The word is extremely serious. It’s one that’s taken with extraordinary gravity. And to me the threshold of intent is a high one,” the congresswoman told CNN’s State of the Union on Sunday, per the New York Post.

“However, when we look at the precipice of what is happening with a forced famine of 1.1 million Gazans … I believe we have crossed the threshold of intent,” she added, emphasizing that multiple governments and organizations have accused Israel of hamstringing critical aid to people in Gaza.

“What we are seeing here, I think, with a forced famine is beyond our ability to deny or explain away.”

Pro-Palestinian protesters earlier this month accosted Ocasio-Cortez and her fiance Riley Roberts outside of a Brooklyn movie theatre for stopping short of dubbing the war a “genocide.”

She told them she had labelled the war as such before.

“I already said that it was and y’all are just gonna pretend that it wasn’t over and over again. It’s f—ed up, man,” she told one protester who recorded her.

“And you’re not helping these people, you’re not helping them.”

On CNN, Ocasio-Cortez said, “We and the Israeli government have a right to go after Hamas,” but she cautioned that there’s “a population of millions of innocent Palestinians” caught in the crosshairs.

Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, triggering a war after about 1,200 Israelis were killed.
Who listens to AOC anyway since she's such an idiot

Reactions: Taxslave2