Alberta resource revenue plunges to historic low

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Great maybe that economic powerhouse that is Otariowe can help them out with some equalization .

Geez, I don't remember anyone helping Ontario when we were screwed. I think we'll just keep our transfer payments this time. Alberta better make friends with BC and learn how to grow weed til oil comes back.

Here's 2 idiots without a clue as to what equalization is, anyone else want to jump on the "stupid" wagon?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No might about it. Proper silviculture would have prevented the disaster.

It is called tree farming. No different than any other farm crop except the cycle is a bit longer. What you describe is called monoculture and is rare in BC. (don't know about the rest of Canada) Most of ours is mixed species depending on soil within the block but there is usually a dominate species.
25 years. All the hugged saplings from the late 80s early 90s are ready to harvest.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

It is called tree farming. No different than any other farm crop except the cycle is a bit longer. What you describe is called monoculture and is rare in BC. (don't know about the rest of Canada) Most of ours is mixed species depending on soil within the block but there is usually a dominate species.

Do you want national parks to look like that because that is what the poster that I was answering thought should be logged?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I believe so too, ts..........that might was waffling on my part.

One problem with monoculture is that chances are if the forest came under attack by disease or pest little if anything would survive.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Screw silviculture. Soil science is the sh-t. Plant a tree in dirt it will die, plant a tree in soil and it will prosper.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
where's our Hertitage fund,you know the money "saved"for a "rainy day".
thank you to the near sighted,dummie managers of the Conservative party,not to forget to mention political *****s of loyality,who feathered their own nests and shafted Albertans and Alberta.Disgusting individuals.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You still have it. It just sits in an asset that is now in hands of millions of Canadians.

How many journeymen tradesmen did 15 years of oil boom create Nationwide?

Have you noticed any other places popping up in Canada looking to put these best in the world tradesmen back to work?

Are you aware of any other mega projects that oil is part of funding?

Canada is still building at a pace like never before.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
You still have it. It just sits in an asset that is now in hands of millions of Canadians.

How many journeymen tradesmen did 15 years of oil boom create Nationwide?

Have you noticed any other places popping up in Canada looking to put these best in the world tradesmen back to work?

Are you aware of any other mega projects that oil is part of funding?

Canada is still building at a pace like never before.
I am confident,optimistic,I know Canada has the best to offer,
I am hoping for the best,I am pro- Canada,always have been,always will.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The human capital created in western Canada has been phenomenal.

It's priceless.

We now have an abundance of skilled works that is the envy of the world.

There is nothing we can't build?