Alberta Oilsands named highest cost/risk investment in Oil sector

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Address some dumbass group going by the name Carbon Tracker Initiative with an opinion that the production (from their vast knowledge) is high risk or carbon intensive?

I really don't care what they think.

Furthermore, the real 'emissions' of you buy into that fool's gold occurs at the consumer-level... Get people to stop heating their homes or driving cars and then you'll have your eco-Utopia you so desperately desire

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Address some dumbass group going by the name Carbon Tracker Initiative with an opinion that the production (from their vast knowledge) is high risk or carbon intensive?

I really don't care what they think.

Furthermore, the real 'emissions' of you buy into that fool's gold occurs at the consumer-level... Get people to stop heating their homes or driving cars and then you'll have your eco-Utopia you so desperately desire
Reductio ad absurdam.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Coal is far from useless. It's needed to makes steel.

Depends on the grade. Greenies don't want metalurgical coal mined either.

Shut up troll, you're back on ignore.

btw, being for things like nuclear power, electric highways, high tech in general, true democratic representation, investing in the real future industries like rare earths and the associated high tech industries that use them only makes someone a lefty in the mind of an idiot.

You would have to be an idiot towant nuclear power. Want a nuke in your back yard?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Let me know when you decide to address the facts.

Then we can talk about reality.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What's to address Flossy?.. That some yutz that posts their opinion relative to their thoughts on O&G sector risk and oilsands?

Fact is champ, the base premise of their opinion is dead wrong.

Fool yourself all you like, but I have direct knowledge to the contrary