Alberta faces growing backlog of abandoned oil and gas wells

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
correct me if wrong but I have a recollection of being in Dayton Valley or Turner Valley where a natural vent was set ablaze and had been burning for 50 some years. Even injuns knew the water wasn't right.

I'm too lazy to C&P crap from Google like whatshisfedface

I know that there is one of those in Turner Valley.... Locals call it Hell's Half Acre

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You seem to like to use the Google intellectual façade. Does it exist? Am I dreaming or was that a real memory from a better time?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's nice.

Then you know it can't bubble out of the ground without a gas to push it. How about frost? Can frost create opportunities for CH4 to vent? Does it ever just go blammo and vent extremely rapidly? How about sea floor? Any vents down there?

Google away Poncho.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
That's nice.

Then you know it can't bubble out of the ground without a gas to push it. How about frost? Can frost create opportunities for CH4 to vent? Does it ever just go blammo and vent extremely rapidly? How about sea floor? Any vents down there?

Google away Poncho.

How about if a regurgitated a nal cvm bubble dripped into a ploutte? Would the resulting child ask questions like yours? C'mon dude. You're not looking to debate or discuss you're FPD is acting up and there is no acceptable answer.