Airstrikes kill dozens at wedding: Afghan villagers

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What Yankee BS? You obviously hate Americans and it shows in your posts. Criticizing their military is one thing but you sound like one of these idiotic, stereotypical, high and mighty, preachy Canadians which ranks up there with preachy republicans.

You realize Canadians have "gasp" killed civilians during wars as well? It's unfortunate but it happens.

Sounds like? He is exactly what you speak of.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
What Yankee BS? You obviously hate Americans and it shows in your posts. Criticizing their military is one thing but you sound like one of these idiotic, stereotypical, high and mighty, preachy Canadians which ranks up there with preachy republicans.

You realize Canadians have "gasp" killed civilians during wars as well? It's unfortunate but it happens.

Good countries don't bomb 3rd world wedding parties killing dozens of women and children.

That is just a fact. Evil monstrous countries do that.

When was the last time the US bombed one of their own wedding parties? Or bombed an American school and claimed the children were being used as human shields?

Condemning the slaughter of innocence isn't hate - nice try.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
We hit ANOTHER wedding! We always seem to strike Afghan weddings. :roll:

The first order of business for Obama should be to lay off airstrikes on Afghan weddings because we seem to hit an awful lot of them.

The number "90" seems to be repeating itself with respect to these weddings. I wonder if that
is just some weird coincidence, or what? It is strange.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good countries don't bomb 3rd world wedding parties killing dozens of women and children.

I doubt that we bomb weddings over and over. I dispute this line because we always happen to hit a wedding.

Sounds like they need a new line.

That is just a fact. Evil monstrous countries do that.

And what is a country that is supposed to be Peace Keeping allows 800,000 women and children to be massacred called?

When was the last time the US bombed one of their own wedding parties? Or bombed an American school and claimed the children were being used as human shields?

Do you think this is really intelligent?

However Clinton did burn down the Branch Davidians in Waaco Texas.

Condemning the slaughter of innocence isn't hate - nice try.

And what is standing by and watching it called? (Rwanda ring any bells?)

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The number "90" seems to be repeating itself with respect to these weddings. I wonder if that
is just some weird coincidence, or what? It is strange.

It is a big indicator that someone is lying when they use the same number over and over again. It is a quirk in the human mind that it requires conscious effort to make up new numbers as a story goes along.

So if what you say is true and "90" keeps coming up then that indicates possible deception. It could be, for example, that people get more outraged at body counts over 100 so the totals are kept lower. That's pure speculation on my part but is one way I could see such deception being justified.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It is a big indicator that someone is lying when they use the same number over and over again. It is a quirk in the human mind that it requires conscious effort to make up new numbers as a story goes along.

So if what you say is true and "90" keeps coming up then that indicates possible deception. It could be, for example, that people get more outraged at body counts over 100 so the totals are kept lower. That's pure speculation on my part but is one way I could see such deception being justified.

And the same type of celebration.

Should I still p--- off?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Not just one wedding.... five of them! That doesn't sound fishy at all?

My god!!!! You're worse than I thought!!!!!!! :angryfire:

I do get your meaning though.

I hope your new president understands these are humans he is killing and takes more care.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
My god!!!! You're worse than I thought!!!!!!! :angryfire:

I do get your meaning though.

I hope your new president understands these are humans he is killing and takes more care.

My response to this, in my own way, was just that we always seem to hit weddings. I mean WTF? Doesn't that sound odd? We are blamed for bombing five weddings. The first time I heard that we hit a wedding I said...

"Damn...we F*ed up that one."

Then we got blamed for hitting another and I thought...

"Damn... not another."

Then after the 3rd, 4th, and now 5th I thought...

"This is a load of bull."

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
And the same type of celebration.

Should I still p--- off?

It is the cavalier attitude where your country seems to be frivolous about laying waste to other nations peoples lives. It is abhorrent and disgusting. I know how your nation also covets their own lives. It is a most disgraceful hypocrisy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It is the cavalier attitude where your country seems to be frivolous about laying waste to other nations peoples lives. It is abhorrent and disgusting. I know how your nation also covets their own lives. It is a most disgraceful hypocrisy.

Well lets see what the Democrats can do to straighten this mess out.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Obviously you are clueless and can't think on your own so i'll type it slowly so you can understand... it was one of those so-called 'preachy republicans' that got the yankee military there in the first place.

And, no, I'm not all those things you listed, only a Canadian with a brain, not like you, following the yanks blindly...

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
My response to this, in my own way, was just that we always seem to hit weddings. I mean WTF? Doesn't that sound odd? We are blamed for bombing five weddings. The first time I heard that we hit a wedding I said...

"Damn...we F*ed up that one."

Then we got blamed for hitting another and I thought...

"Damn... not another."

Then after the 3rd, 4th, and now 5th I thought...

"This is a load of bull."

I agree it does seem odd and unlikely but not impossible either. The odds of such things do increase when dropping bombs on groups of people is an acceptable policy.

What efforts are made to verify a group is indeed a proper military target? I hope it isn't like in Iraq where a pimply faced kid peers through a grainy scope and makes a guess. How many large groups are bombed and do we hear about them? If we don't hear about many then it becomes likely that your country has indeed bombed five wedding parties.

You don't need to feel persecuted here. I absolutely abhor that Canada is in this BS war too. It disgusts me that my tax money is being used to murder people in their own ****ing country. It really pisses me off.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I don't feel that persecuted. If I did I wouldn't drop by. But if you want to paint us all that way I will surely play the role of that arrogant American just to give back what I am getting.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Maybe it's a plot by the Americans to stop weddings in Afghanistan because it leads to procreation, which in turn leads to more Taliban. Just throwing ideas out there....

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I don't feel that persecuted. If I did I wouldn't drop by. But if you want to paint us all that way I will surely play the role of that arrogant American just to give back what I am getting.

Neither you or I are victims as both our countries are in Afghanistan doing horrible things. They aren't spreading peace and freedom they are asserting their hegemony and securing land for pipelines.

I have met and frequently talk to very ugly Americans that are truly ravenous for blood. I am well aware of the difference.

There is a gut reaction that will happen at such stories. You will get an earful when those stories are posted. You, like me, live in a country with a democratic system. Neither of us are victims. We both deserve any condemnations that come our way. That is what it means to live in a country with a democratic system: we are both partially responsible and we are not victims. The victims are the ones being killed by the people we put in power.