Academic left uses ‘Comfort Animals’ as another way to infantilize young adults

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
IMO this isn't a liberal problem or a con problem; it's a society problem. The "need" to protect kids from everything, including the idea of failure has made these kids now anxious when they hit university/college where failure is a real thing, for the first time in their lives.
That's why they need guns.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
IMO this isn't a liberal problem or a con problem; it's a society problem. The "need" to protect kids from everything, including the idea of failure has made these kids now anxious when they hit university/college where failure is a real thing, for the first time in their lives.

The farther we live from the land the more frightened of failure we become, and for good reason. All they have to do is drop out and head for the hills while they're strong enough to make a life with thier brains attached to thier hands instead of thier arses. That's my advice. Don't wait for the future make it. It's as easy as building a home out of mud and sticks.
They will need guns.

s journalist Malcolm Gladwell writing for the New Yorker

Goffman sometimes saw young children playing the age-old game of cops and robbers in the street, only the child acting the part of the robber wouldn’t even bother to run away: I saw children give up running and simply stick their hands behind their back, as if in handcuffs; push their body up against a car without being asked; or lie flat on the ground and put their hands over their head. The children yelled, “I’m going to lock you up! I’m going to lock you up, and you ain’t never coming home!” I once saw a six-year-old pull another child’s pants down to do a “cavity search.”
Clearly, our children are getting the message, but it’s not the message that was intended by those who fomented a revolution and wrote our founding documents. Their philosophy was that the police work for us, and “we the people” are the masters, and they are to be our servants. Now that has been turned on its head, fueled by our fears (some legitimate, some hyped along by the government and its media mouthpieces) about the terrors and terrorists that lurk among us.
It’s getting harder by the day to tell young people that we live in a nation that values freedom and which is governed by the rule of law without feeling like a teller of tall tales. Yet as I point out in my book unless something changes and soon for the young people growing up, there will be nothing left of freedom as we have known it but a fairy tale without a happy ending.