Abortion Isn’t a Necessary Evil. It’s Great

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Abortion will always be murder of the most vulnerable and innocent in our society.

It's victims are the child, which it kills.. the mother, who deals with severe physical consequences, including a dramatic increase in the incidence of breat cancer as well as crippling guilt.. and society as a whole which cannot obliterate it moral priniciples holding life sacred.. and impose a holocaust on its future generation.. without the most dire ramifications for its prospects.
And yet you can drop white phosphorus on innocent women and children and be hailed as a hero.

Funny ol' world, enit?

Here's another one. In Texas, by law a hospital can remove a person who cannot pay from life support, even over the objection of that person's family. And yet Texas is doing everything it can to outlaw abortion.

Seems like "innocent children" are the second-highest priority for right-wingers. Or maybe third.

Last edited:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Abortion will always be murder of the most vulnerable and innocent in our society.

It's victims are the child, which it kills.. the mother, who deals with severe physical consequences, including a dramatic increase in the incidence of breat cancer as well as crippling guilt.. and society as a whole which cannot obliterate it moral priniciples holding life sacred.. and impose a holocaust on its future generation.. without the most dire ramifications for its prospects.
Bull. You cannot murder a bit unformed tissue, otherwise every spontaneous abortion would be murder......and who do we blame GOD?? Have some sense.....next you will be suggesting that every ovum should be fertilized or it would be a potential murder!! Geez, good God is going to get people like you in the end. .

Males are obligated to support their kids. If women don't know that who is to blame?
Oh no, that doesn't fly anymore. Even the dumbest male knows about DNA. In Canada, single female parent families, one in six gets the father';s support, in spite of the law.. It seems 5 out of every six males enjoy the fling in the sack and do not feel responsible for the results.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011

can't even tell if this is a serious post, good laughs though.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Bull. You cannot murder a bit unformed tissue, otherwise every spontaneous abortion would be murder......and who do we blame GOD?? Have some sense.....next you will be suggesting that every ovum should be fertilized or it would be a potential murder!! Geez, good God is going to get people like you in the end. .

Life begins at conception.. the child's full human potential realized then, as a gift of God.

The only alternate view is that life itself is nothing but an accidental formation of tissue.. without dignity, purpose or destiny. Unfortunately it is this latter view that now rules Western civilization..and it is on this foundation that our future will be decided.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Oh no, that doesn't fly anymore. Even the dumbest male knows about DNA. In Canada, single female parent families, one in six gets the father';s support, in spite of the law.. It seems 5 out of every six males enjoy the fling in the sack and do not feel responsible for the results.

Right on. Guys have all the fun.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Life begins at conception.. the child's full human potential realized then, as a gift of God.

The only alternate view in the life itself is nothing but an accidental formation of tissue.. without dignity, purpose or destiny. Unfortunately it is this latter view that now rules Western civilization..and it is on this foundation that our future will be decided.

Child bearing is strictly a function of nature. For those who don't believe, there is no god(s).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Child bearing is strictly a function of nature. For those who don't believe, there is no god(s).

Good point. Other mammals, whom most religions, including Christianity, assert have no souls, are conceived, gestated, and born in the exact same fashion as humans. Yet they have no souls, no dignity, no personhood that Gawd recognises.

Kinda makes you think that if each new blastocyst is a unique spark of Gawd's love, there might be something different in the process from the way birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it. . .

Also makes a body wonder about all the spontaneous abortions, miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, and suchlike. It appears each of these is endowed by Gawd with the vital spark of eternal life, whereupon Gawd allows about a third of them to just expire without being born. Is Gawd so negligent?

I know, I know, don't bother yelling at me. His ways are inscrutable and mysterious, and it's a sin to question them. Just send money.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley

The only alternate view is that life itself is nothing but an accidental formation of tissue.. without dignity, purpose or destiny. Unfortunately it is this latter view that now rules Western civilization..and it is on this foundation that our future will be decided.
Prove it. According to many sects Christian and others, some babes are not ensouled until after birth. Why would an all seeing Creator, ensoul a fetus or embryo, It intended to abort?? (spontaneous abortion) or ensoul one (being an all seeing being) slated for abortion. After all, that same Creator is supposedly all -seeing.

PS....I happen to believe free will extends to the very beginning. In other words WE plan our lives and birth parents etc. We can change our minds anywhere along the way. If we plan badly, the person we intended to marry by agreement, was born too far away and the person due to introduce them, either died or could not manage to fulfill that agreement.

Remember, most religions are looking for new members, it was first no birth-control and now no abortion. Their membership base is shrinking as most humans are becoming reasoning beings and no longer swallow outright efforts at religious control.

Oh and all this bit about free will, if God or Creator gave it to us, why are you against allowing each of us executing it as we wish??? Isn't that the Creators role??

Right on. Guys have all the fun.
Not really. Maybe something is lacking in the sex life, of some, but I and most of my friends (ladies) have no complaints as to enjoyment......course it depends a lot on how great a lover one's mate is!!

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Prove it. According to many sects Christian and others, some babes are not ensouled until after birth. Why would an all seeing Creator, ensoul a fetus or embryo, It intended to abort?? (spontaneous abortion) or ensoul one (being an all seeing being) slated for abortion. After all, that same Creator is supposedly all -seeing.

Remember, most religions are looking for new members, it was first no birth-control and now no abortion. Their membership base is shrinking as most humans are becoming reasoning beings and no longer swallow outright efforts at religious control.

The burden of proof is on you. Simply because something is not visible does not mean it does not exist.. it simply means in must be inferred. That's where modern atheism falls apart.. and into a reductive rationalism based solely on material evidence... with no beginning and no future. It's a remarkably impoverished world view in comparison with one the begins with Faith.

And God never created and embryo, ie. a life, with the intention of having in aborted. He just left its life in the immediate care of its mother, and the genius of motherhood that He extended exclusively to women.

And of course made it vulnerable to her Free Will of deeming the child a nuisance, a distraction for which she was 'not ready'.. by which she rejected utterly the gift of motherhood.. to her great a lifelong psychological distress and physical harm. And with the predatory and cruel cunning of modern rationalism to encourage it.

from Tecumseh'sBones

Good point. Other mammals, whom most religions, including Christianity,
assert have no souls, are conceived, gestated, and born in the exact same
fashion as humans. Yet they have no souls, no dignity, no personhood that Gawd
recognises

I don't think there is a definitive doctrine on that. Certainly most Christians i know view all sentient creatures a worthy of respect, not to be treated with cruelty.. part of God's 'good' Creation. Personally i don't think any of God's creatures are lost to his memory.. but that does not diminish a special responsibility and destiny for those he made in his own image.. as human.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The burden of proof is on you. Simply because something is not visible does not mean it does not exist.. it simply means in must be inferred. That's where modern atheism falls apart.. and into a reductive rationalism based solely on material evidence... with no beginning and no future. It's a remarkably impoverished world view in comparison with one the begins with Faith.

For things like abortion I find it's best just to state your opinion and let it go at that, it's not something you are likely to get someone to change his/her mind from sound reasoning. A person who is intent on justifying abortion is NOT going to accept any downsides. Besides it's not worth making enemies over.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't think there is a definitive doctrine on that. Certainly most Christians i know view all sentient creatures a worthy of respect, not to be treated with cruelty.. part of God's 'good' Creation. Personally i don't think any of God's creatures are lost to his memory.. but that does not diminish a special responsibility and destiny for those he made in his own image.. as human.
I'll just skip the usual insults and say that yeah, there pretty much is. Only humans have souls, according to the huge majority of Christian sects (see? I didn't even say "cults"). Prohibitions on cruelty are out of respect for creation.

There's also some waffling on the definition of "soul," but the general and widespread Christian doctrine is that animals have no divine or eternal spark, and do not and cannot know God.

Which is all a load of twaddle anyhow, so make up whatever you want. All the other religious folk do.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
The burden of proof is on you. Simply because something is not visible does not mean it does not exist.. it simply means in must be inferred. That's where modern atheism falls apart.. and into a reductive rationalism based solely on material evidence... with no beginning and no future. It's a remarkably impoverished world view in comparison with one the begins with Faith.pt

No....it means it mustn't be inferred. There is not an iota of proof of human ensoulment, never mind when it occurs. Of course Atheism doesn't fall apart. And rationalization has served the human race very well up to now. There is more going for Atheism than for believing a virgin birth or revival of a dead body after three days in a desert like environment.

And God never created and embryo, ie. a life, with the intention of having in aborted. He just left its life in the immediate care of its mother, and the genius of motherhood that He extended exclusively to women.

Sorry bud, but that means God gave free will to the living mother. Kinda proves God is either not all-seeing & knowing, or that babe was not ensouled by Him but even from the beginning has been given it own free will on when to accept or reject a particular situation. If it did not like mum or dad or the situation, I can see a spontaneous abortion on the horizon.

And of course made it vulnerable to her Free Will of deeming the child a nuisance, a distraction for which she was 'not ready'.. by which she rejected utterly the gift of motherhood.. to her great a lifelong psychological distress and physical harm. And with the predatory and cruel cunning of modern rationalism to encourage it.

Now I have offered you something an Almighty Being might do. You seem to have the most abysmal view of such a Being. Do you really believe, such an Almighty would put an innocent at the mercy of a person whom He knows is going for abortion?? Naw.... Oh by the way, why do you consider motherhood a gift. You do read your bible I assume. Wasn't motherhood a punishment following ejection from the Garden of Eden??

Yes, and the key work here is sentient. Self aware. Tell me how does a bit of tissue with no brain end up in that category??

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Yes, and the key work here is sentient. Self aware. Tell me how does a bit of tissue with no brain end up in that category??

Well tell me how that bit of tissue can organize itself, as it develops, into a sentient, reaononing creature, greater than the sum of its parts. The only answer is it conforms onto a divinely gifted and purpose driven archetype (the soul if you like).. there from the instant of conception.

Last edited:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Just like all the other bits of tissue organize themselves.....let's see apes develop exactly the same way, as do cows, pigs, chickens etc. The only difference is that humans developed much more aggressively and somewhat more cruelly than the more slower developing species of this earth. If you do not think cats, dogs or pigs are sentient (self aware) and cannot reason, you have not observed them very well. Humanity has actually enslaved others species. Who knows how those other species might have developed left to themselves.

To justify what they have done, in my opinion, they invented a cruel vengeful God. An unseen, unheard from entity, which supposedly made us king of the hill!!. I concede we may be more than what exists in the physical, but I dare you to prove every other species is not on the same path as we are. I believe they chose a more passive route and will probably arrive at the finish line long before most of humanity does.

Maybe humanity chose this route thinking they could skip a lot of the lessons but boy has this ever failed. What other species has done as much harm to the environment, to every other known species and has even tried to eliminate much of it's own species??

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Enslaved? It was an evolutionary advantage for the animals to hang out with humans.

Last edited:

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Just like all the other bits of tissue organize themselves.....let's see apes develop exactly the same way, as do cows, pigs, chickens etc. The only difference is that humans developed much more aggressively and somewhat more cruelly than the more slower developing species of this earth. If you do not think cats, dogs or pigs are sentient (self aware) and cannot reason, you have not observed them very well. Humanity has actually enslaved others species. Who knows how those other species might have developed left to themselves.

To justify what they have done, in my opinion, they invented a cruel vengeful God. An unseen, unheard from entity, which supposedly made us king of the hill!!. I concede we may be more than what exists in the physical, but I dare you to prove every other species is not on the same path as we are. I believe they chose a more passive route and will probably arrive at the finish line long before most of humanity does.

Maybe humanity chose this route thinking they could skip a lot of the lessons but boy has this ever failed. What other species has done as much harm to the environment, to every other known species and has even tried to eliminate much of it's own species??
what race are you in with animals?