A win for the LGTBQ community

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yep the alphabet community have real problems to deal with and most Canadians would support them in this fight.

Maybe. If they didn't keep getting in everyones face. The clowns ruining the pride parade do not do themselves any favours by banning police from the parade. Or by claiming if you do not 150% support--------(insert alphabet combination here) you are somehow against them.

I agree on pride parade and keeping police out of it; totally fukin stupid regardless of reasons for it.

As for support - well if you don't support them at any level, why should they tolerate your ass? If you don't support, you're against. And it's not conditional, either.

And they violently protested a straight pride parade in Boston

Rightly so and considering how many didn't show, apparently heterosexuals don't support a "straight pride parade" either.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I agree on pride parade and keeping police out of it; totally fukin stupid regardless of reasons for it.

So, inclusivity is a one way street. Previously, at least, gay members of the police forces could March and participate. Now, its screw you, you're not wanted nor do you deserve to be here. Gotta say, really not feeling the love.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

So what, gay police aren't gay enough for you? Gay police don't have the same rights as other gays? Gay police are a danger to other gays when they choose to march with them? Definitely a great way to gain support for the cause./s

As for support - well if you don't support them at any level, why should they tolerate your ass? If you don't support, you're against. And it's not conditional, either.
Good frickin' grief. I don't 'support' abortion but I am intelligent enough to realize that others have the right to do so. I don't support people ignoring the pandemic and marching in the streets in large numbers - doesn't mean that they don't have the right to do so. And yes, support can be conditional for many reasons.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, inclusivity is a one way street. Previously, at least, gay members of the police forces could March and participate. Now, its screw you, you're not wanted nor do you deserve to be here. Gotta say, really not feeling the love.

Actually not what I mean.

Sorry, was 'late' for me and it's obvious what I wrote got taken wrong.

I mean I agree on the assessment that Pride parade not including the police is stupid.

I've said as much before.

Disallowing the police is a mistake not just generally, but politically as well and the people of Pride who agreed to it are effin' morons.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So what, gay police aren't gay enough for you? Gay police don't have the same rights as other gays? Gay police are a danger to other gays when they choose to march with them? Definitely a great way to gain support for the cause./s

To repeat:

I mean I agree on the assessment that Pride parade not including the police is stupid.

Disallowing the police is a mistake not just generally, but politically as well and the people of Pride who agreed to it are effin' morons.

Good frickin' grief. I don't 'support' abortion but I am intelligent enough to realize that others have the right to do so. I don't support people ignoring the pandemic and marching in the streets in large numbers - doesn't mean that they don't have the right to do so. And yes, support can be conditional for many reasons.

My point was if you say you support gays and yet in the next breath go on about how gays are effin' stupid for wanting their rights (which some rights they're just getting now, like job protections) then it's obvious you don't support them at all.

Or anything else in the non-heterosexual 'alphabet soup' thing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You have trouble seeing who is in your corner.

Example "do what you want just keep it out of my face and within reality".

Is that an anti or a pro to you?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
To repeat:

My point was if you say you support gays and yet in the next breath go on about how gays are effin' stupid for wanting their rights (which some rights they're just getting now, like job protections) then it's obvious you don't support them at all.

Thank you for the correction regarding gay police being involved in a parade.

I have never stated that ' gays are effin' stupid for wanting their rights (which some rights they're just getting now, like job protections)'. Where you got that from is completely beyond me.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I have bolded 2 statements by you, that in the next breath you speak against. There are those that made the decission and demand, concerning the police, that would say that they are exercising there rights to make such a decission. Does that mean since you consider them morons and the act stupid that you are both anti lgbtq2+ and racist, or do your rules apply differently to "vanillas"?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Thank you for the correction regarding gay police being involved in a parade.

I have never stated that ' gays are effin' stupid for wanting their rights (which some rights they're just getting now, like job protections)'. Where you got that from is completely beyond me.

That last statement wasn't for you but rather what I have seen others say about gay rights.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I have bolded 2 statements by you, that in the next breath you speak against.

I stand by the fact I believe that keeping the police out of Pride is a fuking stupid decision.

Why do you think I speak against it?

There are those that made the decission and demand, concerning the police, that would say that they are exercising there rights to make such a decission.

Sure, I agree that this is likely what they're doing.

IMO, it was effing stupid to do.

Does that mean since you consider them morons

Okay, so I am going on 2 hours sleep here; consider who, exactly, to be morons? The people who pushed the police out of Pride? Yes.

and the act stupid that you are both anti lgbtq2+ and racist, or do your rules apply differently to "vanillas"?

Where does racism and this 'vanilla' thing come in?

I am honestly confused here WTF you're talking about.

To try and be clearer...

To me, IMO, it was stupid and moronic to push the police out of the Pride parade because, IMO, there are gay cops and cops CAN be an ally to GLBT+ people. Pushing them out of Pride basically gave the impression of "Fuk the police" which does NOT help the public image what so ever of Pride.

The police who wanted to attend Pride were supporters. They should have been allowed to be there.

The rest of my post concerns lip service types; those who, again, say "Oh I support Gay people!" but then see no issue with gays being fired from their jobs or denied homes because of their gayness, etc. That isn't supportive, that's like the token non-white friend white people tend to throw out to prove their not racist.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I could be wrong, but I have never read anything about any member supporting discrimination against Gays and Lesbians, when it comes to Housing or Employment.
Nope. None of that around here. No "round em up" types either. She has a hard time accepting "I dont care what you do as long as it's not in my face and stays within reality" as support.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nope. None of that around here. No "round em up" types either. She has a hard time accepting "I dont care what you do as long as it's not in my face and stays within reality" as support.
Do you apply the same standards to straights?

And I seem to recollect some hostility to same-sex marriage on this board.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The rest of my post concerns lip service types; those who, again, say "Oh I support Gay people!" but then see no issue with gays being fired from their jobs or denied homes because of their gayness, etc. That isn't supportive, that's like the token non-white friend white people tend to throw out to prove their not racist.

And who are those people on this board. Who are you talking about. Bringing it up implies it is happening here. Who are these people?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Personally, I am fine with Gay marriage. I've always been on board with equal rights for Gays and Lesbians, and that includes education, the military, housing, employment, etc. I came to the conclusion long ago, that there is probably a genetic component in homosexuality.
My rule's pretty simple: if you ain't sleeping with me, I don't much give a damn who (or what) you're sleeping with.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Rightly so and considering how many didn't show, apparently heterosexuals don't support a "straight pride parade" either.
Wrong wrong wrong. I don't care which way they swing. Two of my favourite people are lesbians. Both were in our fire department at different times. I've trusted both with my life. Both are strong, intelligent women. They don't need support. What they do with other women is of no concern to me or anyone else. Probably the one thing pappa trudOWE got right was that the government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation. And neither does anyone else.
ETA: Unless they are playing with kids in the bedroom. Then we eliminate them.