A Russian's view of Britain 2008: Greedy, scruffy, lazy and full of size 22 women

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
But its still pretty obvious.

It is estimated that every third Russian man and every seventh Russian woman is an alcoholic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5111762.stm

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't know Zz... she left at 18, after what sounds like spending most of her time day dreaming about the perfection which is Britain... I wouldn't put a lot of faith in her having taken a truly good hard look around at where she was living, ya know?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Someone asked how I, sitting in the charming prairies, knows about criminal Russia -
Very simple - I READ.

Not just someone. A Russian asked you, sitting and reading in the prairies, how you make such sweeping claims about her home.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Not just someone. A Russian asked you, sitting and reading in the prairies, how you make such sweeping claims about her home.

And a very nice Russian at that.:smile: Just because the Russian in the article acts a certain way does not mean that they are all like that.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Someone who reads into ligit reports and factual information that may not directly relate to them will always know more then an ignorant with a closed mind who see things first hand. One is opened minded and wanting to know, the other already has their mind set and only focuses on the things that help support their predetermined explinations.

Perhaps you could look at it based on individual motives.... AKA: why would he want to read up on these things, and why would she want to write a book about how crappy England is?