A revolution in thought

peacegirl

Electoral Member
Aug 23, 2010
Hi everyone,

I posted here quite awhile ago. I just wanted to update everyone. I recently created a website in honor of my father who passed away in 1991. He had written 7 books (all on the same subject) that I compiled in the last few years. He also left me a tape recording(he didn't have the technology that exists today) of him reading and elaborating on his 6th book, which I then had converted to an mp3. I hope you find this work intriguing. So as not to leave you in suspense, the website is: - Decline and Fall of All Evil. You can find out what this is all about once you get there.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Evil is one of Gods mysterious ways, you've heard that I bet. Well evils job is to instruct the good. Without polarity we got no life, a perfect nothing. I only read the first page so far. The idea has been studied ten thousand years by now, I think your dad stumbled on a solution to a problem that can't exist. No elimination of the tension between good and evil is possible for the human mind here in Egypt. It's a free chapter though so I;ll read it. That title was a bad idea.

PS We would capsize under the imbalance, roll over and sink into plain dirty mindless matter.

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Hi everyone,

I posted here quite awhile ago. I just wanted to update everyone. I recently created a website in honor of my father who passed away in 1991. He had written 7 books (all on the same subject) that I compiled in the last few years. He also left me a tape recording(he didn't have the technology that exists today) of him reading and elaborating on his 6th book, which I then had converted to an mp3. I hope you find this work intriguing. So as not to leave you in suspense, the website is: - Decline and Fall of All Evil. You can find out what this is all about once you get there.

Thanks for posting - I'm listening to this while posting here.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I think I'll get the book. I'm all for the idea.

Evil is one of Gods mysterious ways, you've heard that I bet. Well evils job is to instruct the good. Without polarity we got no life, a perfect nothing. I only read the first page so far. The idea has been studied ten thousand years by now, I think your dad stumbled on a solution to a problem that can't exist. No elimination of the tension between good and evil is possible for the human mind here in Egypt. It's a free chapter though so I;ll read it. That title was a bad idea.
hmmm Now see who is rigidly sticking to the science of modern days. lol Now I can call you a defeatist. Personally, I think anything is possible but we just haven't found the methodology of lots of it yet.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I think I'll get the book. I'm all for the idea.

There's tons more information on the book and its contents (DexterSinister and a handful of others once perused the first two chapters), in the thread title 'Free will and determinism'. You can search it, or just peruse peacegirl's last posts.

You also might like to check out the MP3 recording of his reading.

I'd be curious to hear your views on it all.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
There's tons more information on the book and its contents (DexterSinister and a handful of others once perused the first two chapters), in the thread title 'Free will and determinism'. You can search it, or just peruse peacegirl's last posts.

You also might like to check out the MP3 recording of his reading.

I'd be curious to hear your views on it all.
I'll take a peek tomorrow, thanks!

peacegirl

Electoral Member
Aug 23, 2010

PS We would capsize under the imbalance, roll over and sink into plain dirty mindless matter.

Well you can still keep the balance by snipping off the evil and adding good. ;)

To balance this equation during our years of development God (he uses the word God
metaphorically)was compelled to have good and evil and the balance was perfect.
Now that we have developed sufficiently to see His laws which reveal Him by observing
the harmony in the mankind system that was never understood until now, He snips off
the evil and attaches good so that the balance stillremains perfect.

I do have to say you've done a nice job with the site.

Thanks Karrie, I'm just starting out. I hope to improve the site even more as I get more acquainted with wordpress.

Very nice site indeed.

The race was benevolently beyond the framework of modern thought five thousand years ago.

Eventually, I want to create a forum for people to convene and discuss how to go about spreading this knowledge. I have a facebook page but I haven't begun to use it yet since I want it to be a closed group. I have to have control over trolls, if you know what I mean.

peacegirl

Electoral Member
Aug 23, 2010
“If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”
Abraham Lincoln

That is true. But when there's nothing bad in people to notice (the bad that we normally think of as worthy of punishment), then we won't be looking for it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The only review of the book I've been able to find:

"The book is presented in an awkward style where the author presents imaginary conversations he's having with people that he readily gets the best of. The other person then gushes enthusiastically about the authors reasoning. The prose and self glorification aren't the only problems with the text though.

Lessan likes to present even his philosophical ideas as scientific validated theories.

However not all of them are even testable hypothesis, and the ones that are testable he never bothered to try testing, or apparently reading any research in the field that was available even at the time the book was written.

His first discovery regarding free will he claims will lead to a world in which no one can hurt another person. The caveat is that these ideas can only been tested when he first has complete compliance from the entire worlds population. This last part even requires a period of military action first where dissenters are taken care of.

His second discovery, being the most testable, proves to be the weakest. Here the author claims that he can perceive an event, in real time, over great distances, without the light from the object having to have first had time to reach our eye. That perception was a process occurring without light reaching the eye and at greater than light speeds.

The most famous of his examples is seeing our newly ignited instantly sun eight minutes before the first rays of its' light can touch the earth.

The claims he lays out here are easily testable, don't match any observation ever made, and defy everything known about light, optics, and physics.

This would be Lessans worst mistake if we didn't get to his third discovery.

The third claim involves proving we are born again through an argument involving pronoun usage. The difference between people saying I or You and a person's inability to say I any more after their death convinced him that one of those other You out there must now be I.

These are without a doubt one of the most poorly reasoned proofs I've ever seen collected in one book. Save your money."

K. Greene on Amazon

peacegirl

Electoral Member
Aug 23, 2010
The only review of the book I've been able to find:

"The book is presented in an awkward style where the author presents imaginary conversations he's having with people that he readily gets the best of. The other person then gushes enthusiastically about the authors reasoning. The prose and self glorification aren't the only problems with the text though.

Lessan likes to present even his philosophical ideas as scientific validated theories.

However not all of them are even testable hypothesis, and the ones that are testable he never bothered to try testing, or apparently reading any research in the field that was available even at the time the book was written.

His first discovery regarding free will he claims will lead to a world in which no one can hurt another person. The caveat is that these ideas can only been tested when he first has complete compliance from the entire worlds population. This last part even requires a period of military action first where dissenters are taken care of.

His second discovery, being the most testable, proves to be the weakest. Here the author claims that he can perceive an event, in real time, over great distances, without the light from the object having to have first had time to reach our eye. That perception was a process occurring without light reaching the eye and at greater than light speeds.

The most famous of his examples is seeing our newly ignited instantly sun eight minutes before the first rays of its' light can touch the earth.

The claims he lays out here are easily testable, don't match any observation ever made, and defy everything known about light, optics, and physics.

This would be Lessans worst mistake if we didn't get to his third discovery.

The third claim involves proving we are born again through an argument involving pronoun usage. The difference between people saying I or You and a person's inability to say I any more after their death convinced him that one of those other You out there must now be I.

These are without a doubt one of the most poorly reasoned proofs I've ever seen collected in one book. Save your money."

K. Greene on Amazon

This guy was on a forum and posted a negative review behind my back. He did not like my father's claim regarding the eyes. His review misrepresents what the book is about. That's why he says it is poorly reasoned. If you want to take this one man's word for it, then there's nothing I can say. Here I've given people the actual source (the audio where the author speaks), but if this doesn't interest you, then trust the review. I haven't even begun to promote this book until now. In fact it's taken me quite a few years to compile it and to get the audio up and running. So this should make you feel like you're getting in on the ground floor of something BIG. Don't blow it for yourself that quickly.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This guy was on a forum and posted a negative review behind my back. He did not like my father's claim regarding the eyes. His review misrepresents what the book is about. That's why he says it is poorly reasoned. If you want to take this one man's word for it, then there's nothing I can say. Here I've given people the actual source (the audio where the author speaks), but if this doesn't interest you, then trust the review. I haven't even begun to promote this book until now. In fact it's taken me quite a few years to compile it and to get the audio up and running. So this should make you feel like you're getting in on the ground floor of something BIG. Don't blow it for yourself that quickly.
Wow.

I skimmed the first chapter. Pass. But thanks.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

By nature, reviews will be behind your back. The point of a book review is to give an honest opinion, not an approved one.

peacegirl

Electoral Member
Aug 23, 2010
Understanding it and having a desire to read more are not the same thing. Also your opinion is biased.

You're right, they are two different things, but he should have said what he meant. He wasn't interested, not that he understood the book and for that reason he wasn't interested. Moreover, how do you know I'm biased when you haven't read the book? You are the one that appears biased.