A question for Canadians

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Anna, if you ever get the chance to visit Montreal do so. I am sure from what I have learned about you here that you would love the city. I sure did. It is a real trip walking the cobblestone streets of the old city and seeing buildings that were built before we were even a country. There is so much to see in the city and the people are simply wonderful. Never did I have one moment when my lack of French was a problem. I had a wonderful time in Montreal when I visited there for my daughter's graduation.

We also loved Montreal, didn't get a chance to walk the
old city, we will go again to take in more of the city.
Yes, the people were so friendly and very helpful, and
immediately spoke english as soon as they realized that
we were not bilingual.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The taxpayer forces the government to act the way they do so the taxpayer is ultimately responsible.

Absolutely, the taxpayer (on average) wants a lot of services & has to realize they have to be paid for. Eventually the Gov't is going to have to hold a referendum to find out what services the taxpayer really wants to fund. A lot of services provided by Gov't could no doubt be provided cheaper by the private sector. Basically there are three services we really need, fire protection, police protection and care and protection of children and those may not be provided too well by the private sector but I'm sure everything else could. Might just need a Gov't watch dog or two.