A new look with improvements

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I really love this! Great job Andem!

I really like the screen size option.

I really like the additional stat on who's super cool enuff to visit my profile page! That's tite.

And it is definitely easier on the eyes.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
This is great, Andem!
A great layout, fantastic new features, I love it!
Thanks! :smile:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Andem, the site is very cool, and much like Nuggler say's, "It'll take some getting used to."
In a week it'll all be very familiar. Good Job!

One small thing to mention though....now when someone posts a link in a Thread, the link
shows up in gray, and is pretty easy to miss (might be just me). Is there a way to make a
link show up as a more noticeable color like blue maybe? That would make it easier to spot.

If not, no big thing and in a week I might not even notice the difference. I do now though...

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Andem, the site is very cool, and much like Nuggler say's, "It'll take some getting used to."
In a week it'll all be very familiar. Good Job!

One small thing to mention though....now when someone posts a link in a Thread, the link
shows up in gray, and is pretty easy to miss (might be just me). Is there a way to make a
link show up as a more noticeable color like blue maybe? That would make it easier to spot.

If not, no big thing and in a week I might not even notice the difference. I do now though...
Done! You may have to clear your cache for the updated style to take effect. Links in posts are now blue.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Sorry, after trying it for a bit, I don't like it.

Smilie page is too dark.

Scrolling is choppy, and no way to get back to "forums home" except scrolling up.

So, we have the new look. Lets try the improvements.

Just my .02

DavidB

Nominee Member
Apr 24, 2006
www.akiti.ca
Looks nice.

However, one feature I miss from other forums is a "last post time" on the main forum page. I like to simply scroll down the main page and quickly see when the last post in a sub-forum was made (to know what might be new since my last visit). Without that convenience, I have to pop into each sub-forum and check them one at a time to see what is new.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I think you have done a fantastic job.. The look is sleek and very professional.. I don't think there is anything missing anymore and there will always be a few quirks as this is after all the internet.

Here is a suggestion you may want to consider..

New members should have to use this new interface..

I myself switched and went back and forth at the beginning. Of course the longer you have been here the more you will resist change if that is in your nature..

That said I finally did the change and stayed with it.. I never consider changing back now and when I get frustrated looking for something, I don't switch back and forth between each versions.. That was my mistake in the past.. It was too easy.. Now I know where everything is in this new version and IT IS SO EASY.. :)

One thing more things is if someone has time you might to put a quick cheat sheet together for those who might have a problem remembering or need that little extra help remembering how to get to Friends ( pending approval ) or Wall Postings .. Just like we have to Emoticons..

Thanks

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I find that I have no desire to revisit the old format anymore. Before there was a particular function implemented here, I visited the "old" format whenever I had to use it. I cannot believe how stark it is! This new format is so much more vibrant and rich. It is far superior in all the ways that matter.:cool:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I find that I have no desire to revisit the old format anymore. Before there was a particular function implemented here, I visited the "old" format whenever I had to use it. I cannot believe how stark it is! This new format is so much more vibrant and rich. It is far superior in all the ways that matter.:cool:

8O Yah, whatever; you like it.........good. Corse you have to say that to keep your job as a mod, Bob, eh!!

kidding ha ha ha

:-|

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Ok now I have to ask.....

How the hell do I get rid of this x-mas theme, being Jan 6th and all?

I got curious a while back and clicked on the button to goto the x-mas theme, and I have yet to find a way to get back out of it besides going back to the original style (white)

If I'm stuck with this x-mas theme, I'll just have to switch back to the old version..... cuz my x-mas spirit has worn out about a week ago. :p

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

I got curious a while back and clicked on the button to goto the x-mas theme, and I have yet to find a way to get back out of it besides going back to the original style (white)

If I'm stuck with this x-mas theme, I'll just have to switch back to the old version..... cuz my x-mas spirit has worn out about a week ago. :p

That's strange. I was able to change it to another one.:-?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Click "Themes" at the top of the screen and "Reset Theme", or choose any other theme you want to use.