A new look for CC

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I don't seem to be getting the regular quote option, only multi-quote. Regular quote was good because it would go right to posting after hitting the quote button. Me too lazy to multi-quote and scroll down for fully reply.

Also, in quick reply, no ability to post image.

Also, the little editing tag was missing and I couldn't edit a post this morning. Those little tags are all too small, btw. I accidentally clicked one to see what would happen and it turned out it was a thumbs down for negative rep. Now that poster has been constantly neg repping me, lol.

Also, the text and formatting looks kinda weird.

Also... you guys rock and keep up the good work. :)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
lol... I think the time restriction (at the risk of contradicting shadow), is more about making sure that the post other people quote, stays the same, so the thread doesn't get massively confusing, with tons of posts that are quoting stuff that's disappeared.

How dares you to contradictssss me!!!!!

this is **** mate, no disrespect intended.....I cant even see what anyone has posted in this thread. wheres the edit button, by the way?

I cant even see what I just posted.......for christ sake, it wasnt broken, so dont effffing fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, when you pay for using this site you can bitch and moan like that. However, since this is a free site be a little more courteous with your complaints.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I don't seem to be getting the regular quote option, only multi-quote. Regular quote was good because it would go right to posting after hitting the quote button. Me too lazy to multi-quote and scroll down for fully reply.

Also, in quick reply, no ability to post image.

Quick Reply and Full Reply both quote the post by default.

Also, the little editing tag was missing and I couldn't edit a post this morning. Those little tags are all too small, btw. I accidentally clicked one to see what would happen and it turned out it was a thumbs down for negative rep. Now that poster has been constantly neg repping me, lol.

Also, the text and formatting looks kinda weird.

Please clear your cache! I made the buttons a little bit larger and changed the sprite files. That means you must refresh the page to see the new images. See all the icons on the page? To speed things up, these are ALL one image now which load 10x quicker:

Also... you guys rock and keep up the good work. :)

Thanks.. but what do you mean by weird text formatting?

ps. The are already warez forums trying to rip this design.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
When I go to the Preview to check a post the font is really pale & rather difficult to see - this just started about two days ago. Anyone else? (Wondering if I still need to adjust display settings - I have already tweaked them to see if that would solve the problem. Didn't.)

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Andem, may I suggest somehing, which, in my opinion would be an improvement:

The "HOME" line - now appearing near the top of each page should be repeated at the end of the last page. This would enable us to skip "HOME" without scrolling/skipping to the top.

The line which shows "1 2 ... Last" which now appears near the bottom should be repeated near the top, so we would not have to scroll to the bottom when we want to go to the latest post.

I don't know about others, but I think this would help to save time and effort.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The "HOME" line - now appearing near the top of each page should be repeated at the end of the last page. This would enable us to skip "HOME" without scrolling/skipping to the top.

The line which shows "1 2 ... Last" which now appears near the bottom should be repeated near the top, so we would not have to scroll to the bottom when we want to go to the latest post.

Hey, the only exercise some people get is spinning the wheel on their mouse. :lol: Top o' the morning to ya Y.J. :smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I would second that suggestion. Right now, as a work around I simply have a bookmark tab for the home page at the top of my tool bar, so I click on that instead of scrolling back up.

Hey, the only exercise some people get is spinning the wheel on their mouse. :lol: Top o' the morning to ya Y.J. :smile:

Too much exercise for me! lol.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I would second that suggestion. Right now, as a work around I simply have a bookmark tab for the home page at the top of my tool bar, so I click on that instead of scrolling back up.

You're too high tech for my feeble mind, Karrie. :lol: