a male dilemma....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Your right but I just wouldn't want to inadvertantly say the wrong thing, I tend to analyze things too much- If I say nothing then shes po'ed because she thinks I didn't notice, If I tell her I hate it. then it's hot tongue and cold shoulder for dinner. sounds like it's easier to lie( it's only a little white one)

Why does it have to be so complicated? If your wife is that sensitive, she needs to give
her head a shake, oops, sorry for the pun;-)
You really seem kind of worried about this hair cut thing, you shouldn't have to be, I think that
is more of a problem.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
ah...girlfriend (not wife- bindare dundat)We haven't been together for too long and I just don't want to fight over something as insignificant as a haircut.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
ah...girlfriend (not wife- bindare dundat)We haven't been together for too long and I just don't want to fight over something as insignificant as a haircut.

Oh, sorry, I missed that along the way. Puts a different slant on the situation.
More casual, and it depends how seriously you are in this relationship. If it is just a
casual dating thing, it really doesn't matter, if you don't give a hoot if she likes your
opinion or not, then say whatever you want, and see how it goes, that's kind of fun, could
have a big battle over it, or some fun, or whatever. If you really care, wait it out, as I said before, as she probably doesn't
really like it either, and it will soon grow out. If she demands an opinion, and stares right in your eyes, waiting,
then she is threatening you, and will be mad at whatever answer you give.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
You didn't say that she wanted to know 'if' you liked it. Why do men mostly think that
everything women do, is to please some man, maybe she wanted the haircut for herself,
and if you don't like it, too bad. I'm sure there isn't 'anything' she can do about all the
things she would like to change about you.:roll:

That's what I said! If she wanted to please me she would have talked to me first, since she didn't, then obviously she didn't care what I thought. I would be happy either way; how someone (wife or not) wears their hair is really non of my business.

What is my business, however, is if they're going to lay emotional minefields in my life - that is something I really don't care for.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Why is it that men don't realize that it's a two way street? If you've ever heaved a sigh and rolled over in bed because your wife wasn't 'in the mood', then you know some of what that 'bad haircut' feeling is like. And most wives (the ones that stay wives anyway), spend as much time bending to your vanity as you do to theirs. :smile:

Thank you for saying that! People make it seem like women are so needy and men need to spend all this time avoiding hurting their feelings... as though the opposite never happens. During a conversation with my now ex boyfriend, I pointed out that I made more money than he did (I made a lot more by the way, probably 4 times what he did). Well, you'd have thought I cut off his testicles or something the way he sulked about it. It took a lot of ego stroking to get him over that one.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Thank you for saying that! People make it seem like women are so needy and men need to spend all this time avoiding hurting their feelings... as though the opposite never happens. During a conversation with my now ex boyfriend, I pointed out that I made more money than he did (I made a lot more by the way, probably 4 times what he did). Well, you'd have thought I cut off his testicles or something the way he sulked about it. It took a lot of ego stroking to get him over that one.

and why do men think women fake orgasms? Hello.... bad haircut! lol.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
That's what I said! If she wanted to please me she would have talked to me first, since she didn't, then obviously she didn't care what I thought. I would be happy either way; how someone (wife or not) wears their hair is really non of my business.

What is my business, however, is if they're going to lay emotional minefields in my life - that is something I really don't care for.

I think emotional minefields is a bit dramatic. I change my hair fairly often and I don't ask the man in my life what he thinks beforehand. That doesn't mean I'd be happy if he told me it looked ugly. I don't think it's asking too much for him to say something like "Yeah, it looks nice." and if he really hates it say something like "Maybe next time you should try ________. That would look really good on you".

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

absolutely, that emotional minefield stuff infuriates me, be straight, direct, honest,
and deal with the consequences, and respect that we are all individuals, not little
pets who are trying to please the other one, 'all the time', just some of the time, in
a good way.