A Daughter’s Words Is Moving Millions: “Dear Dad, I Will Be Called A WH0RE.”

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

A sad tale, but a warning to monitor your children. The sad thing that Amanda never closed that FB account, never got out from behind that computer. Kids need to walk away from the PC and parents need to engage.

My daughter was getting bullied at school, I told her stand up for yourself, Stop being a crybaby, earn others respect by not letting people walk all over you, and it took a while but she tells me she is quite popular now and has no social problems at school anymore. Both me and my wife were severely bullied at school when growing up. I'm glade that my children are doing better then we did.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
No you made some good arguments. But there are differences between taking every imaginable precautions necessary in avoiding having the need for help, and being reckless with yourself because you know help will always be available.

Yes, that's why we all have brains and why we should teach children critical thinking. Not setting children up for failure in adulthood by teaching them that some of the population (women) are not as worthy of respect, gentleness and acceptance for their them'ness. By taking responsiblity in what we teach and HOW we teach our children.

A sad tale, but a warning to monitor your children. The sad thing that Amanda never closed that FB account, never got out from behind that computer. Kids need to walk away from the PC and parents need to engage.

Being a female teenager is rife with all kinds of hazards. I couldn't imagine what it is like for children of this generation with the ability to record every aspect of your life and others (with and without their permission) to have such power over another human being. With great power comes great responsibility and these powerful teenagers have no real knowledge how to wield such power.

To have any humiliation broadcast across the whole world? To have everyone know exactly what's happening, rather then them just hearing rumours. We learn that rumours hold no value. But real graphic evidence of it? everyday? can't even imagine...

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yes, that's why we all have brains and why we should teach children critical thinking. Not setting children up for failure in adulthood by teaching them that some of the population (women) are not as worthy of respect, gentleness and acceptance for their them'ness. By taking responsiblity in what we teach and HOW we teach our children.

I'm going to teach my children to own their lives. I'll teach them to ignore things that are out of their control, and concentrate all their energy on the things they can do for themselves to make their own lives a success. as for good and evil. They can decide that for themselves I'm not going to micro manage my kids.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Careful you don't take yourself too seriously.

Its all well and good to say what you're going to teach your daughter. But what she learns is beyond your control.

Not everyone who thinks they're teaching are in fact teaching what they think they're teaching.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Careful you don't take yourself too seriously.

Its all well and good to say what you're going to teach your daughter. But what she learns is beyond your control.

Not everyone who thinks they're teaching are in fact teaching what they think they're teaching.

That's why ownership of ones life is the only really important thing you need to teach your children. The rest they can figure it out by themselves by owning their life.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First yes there is a problem and wimpy men? pardon me, because a man is a
gentleman he is wimpy? Violent ignorant men who have no respect for themselves
and want to take it out on a woman is to me........well I reserve comment.
I am a farmer, and I make decisions in agricultural politics damn near everyday so i
am not a wimpy man but I don't need to beat up or hit women or verbally abuse them
either.
I have three daughters one had a few problems for a short period of time. That aside
I have six grand daughters and two great grand daughters and they have been taught
not to put up with crap period. Now its true we have a number of Grandsons who do
get the point across if need be too. like I say we had one issue and it was a short
lived problem.
Nope no reason to abuse women period,
I think the wimpy men are the ones who use violence they know no other way to deal
with problems

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
First yes there is a problem and wimpy men? pardon me, because a man is a
gentleman he is wimpy? Violent ignorant men who have no respect for themselves
and want to take it out on a woman is to me........well I reserve comment.
I am a farmer, and I make decisions in agricultural politics damn near everyday so i
am not a wimpy man but I don't need to beat up or hit women or verbally abuse them
either.
I have three daughters one had a few problems for a short period of time. That aside
I have six grand daughters and two great grand daughters and they have been taught
not to put up with crap period. Now its true we have a number of Grandsons who do
get the point across if need be too. like I say we had one issue and it was a short
lived problem.
Nope no reason to abuse women period,
I think the wimpy men are the ones who use violence they know no other way to deal
with problems

A wimpy man as defined as, he can't give his wife a orgasm while having sex. Or as his wife fantasizes about a real strong man while having sex with him to help her attain orgasum.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I admit, I haven't read the thread to see if this has already been pointed out, and I only watched the first minute or so before I turned off the bullshyte.

By the time she is 14, she will not only have had boys possibly call her all those names, but I can guarantee she will have had girls call her all those names and more. I have 3 girls, I KNOW how mean their female peers were when they were growing up. They were FAR worse than what the boys were.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Well Angst, I guess you missed the point of the video then. While I agree somewhat with what you said, mainly that women have to take responsibility for their actions (apparently it's not PC to do so), the video does have a point and that's what I chose to take from it. Mainly that "some" men treat women horribly and that "other" men have to be "brave" enough to stop the BS. That's what I took from this video.

JMO

What women have to take responsibility for is raising their sons to be respectful of women. How are boy growing up to be disrespectful?
Kids grow up believing that what is demonstrated for them in childhood is normal. Mothers need to think about that.
'The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world'. So it is said.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I admit, I haven't read the thread to see if this has already been pointed out, and I only watched the first minute or so before I turned off the bullshyte.

By the time she is 14, she will not only have had boys possibly call her all those names, but I can guarantee she will have had girls call her all those names and more. I have 3 girls, I KNOW how mean their female peers were when they were growing up. They were FAR worse than what the boys were.

No, it had not. It's a good point.

it's easier to pointe out others faults then recognizing your own.