97% is a myth

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pulling yeahbutts out of you as$ means f-ck all. You're still believing a lie and knowingly supporting the lie.

That is not healthy.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Why don't you go back to waxing philosophical about the definition of a climate scientist?

At least that was a creative angle lol

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yeah and out of all mythical climate scientists 66% percent make the consensus. You're still f-cked.

You just can't accept that there are climate science papers written that do not reflect a question of the cause of the change in global climate.

It would be disingenuous to include those papers and conclude that there is only a 23% consensus on anthropogenic global warming.

That is, if you care about an accurate reflection of the scientific discourse on this subject.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You are getting hot and bothered over semantics.

We can always ask the media to change their headlines to '97% of climate scientists that take a position on climate change' if it makes you feel better.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I give you robust evidence and you give me rhetoric.

I would love for you to be right and for this to be quackery, but I have to rely on legitimate scientific research.

Exactly mentalfloss. In my life I spent a fair amount of time up north. I know that there are huge areas of bare ground that was once covered in snow. Animals are changing migratory patterns because of climate change. The climate record tells us plainly that the climate is warming. Should be obvious to most people.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
It's not semantics dipsh-t.

You still need to accept that the papers that do not take a position should not be included.

It's like saying there's no consensus on the characteristics of one species because only 1% of all biologists' research makes some commentary on that species.

You have to accept that not all climate research is meant to ask the question of what is the main driver of global climate over a specific period of time.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Exactly mentalfloss. In my life I spent a fair amount of time up north. I know that there are huge areas of bare ground that was once covered in snow. Animals are changing migratory patterns because of climate change. The climate record tells us plainly that the climate is warming. Should be obvious to most people.

Climate changed when the wooly mamoths became extinct too. I don't think people are disputing that climates change. What is disputed is the cause.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
BINGO!!! We still have no clue why we're in an interglacial period. Until that is pegged, everything else goes out the window.

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
these truthers are blinded by their own arrogance and prickly resistance to accept they've been swindled. we should feel sad for these poor schmucks. they behave like alcoholics...defiance being their outstanding characteristic.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Climate changed when the wooly mamoths became extinct too. I don't think people are disputing that climates change. What is disputed is the cause.

Seems to me the causes of climate change are many and obvious. The build up of C02, water vapour among them.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Seems to me the causes of climate change are many and obvious. The build up of C02, water vapour among them.

Right.

There are various drivers of climate (or forcing agents) and at different points in history, the primary forcing agent was different than it is now.