8 white cops, 1 black homeless man, 46 bullets

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Mr Hall puts down knife.

Mr Hall is still alive.

Funny how that works.

Not funny really. If he's homeless there's a great chance he's mentally unwell and to what degree would play a role in whether he knew they were police or if he thought they were NOT police. If he's any spectrum of schizophenic he may well have thought they were aliens or freddy kruger.

It seemed a bit excessive. There is no explanation of why there were 8 cops needed for a lone man. Was this video before tasers?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not funny really. If he's homeless there's a great chance he's mentally unwell and to what degree would play a role in whether he knew they were police or if he thought they were NOT police.
But he was a pillar of the community.

And police aren't social workers, nor should they be.

People holding weapons and refusing a lawful order, are legitimate targets.

It seemed a bit excessive.
I agree, I would have dropped him with three rounds, max.

There is no explanation of why there were 8 cops needed for a lone man.
Does there need to be an explanation?

Other then the waste of overtime pay.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Old news. Why is an old ACLU propaganda piece being brought out? Can't be an election next week, can there?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ferguson verdict isn't coming out soon enuf fer the ACLU. Gotta get the vote out.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
A video has surfaced showing a homeless man being shot dead by eight police officers as he held a small penknife. 46 bullets were fired.

Totally untrue
The first bullet killed him the other 41 were basically getting rid of old ammo.
Annual budget thing

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
But he was a pillar of the community.

And police aren't social workers, nor should they be.

People holding weapons and refusing a lawful order, are legitimate targets.

I agree, I would have dropped him with three rounds, max.

Does there need to be an explanation?

Other then the waste of overtime pay.

The police are for the safety of all, aren't they?

Does there need to be an explanation? No, I'm just curious to know.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Yep, including themselves.

Every cop I know, lives by "I'm going home tonight".

Armed man refuses to drop weapon, arm man is now a lawful target.

Yes, I get that they need to protect themselves.

Why waste 8 officers time for 1 homeless man though?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The police are for the safety of all, aren't they?

Does there need to be an explanation? No, I'm just curious to know.

How 'safe' would you feel if this man with a knife was walking towards you on the street?

Subtly cross the street and not make eye contact or approach him directly and assess his mental health?

Why waste 8 officers time for 1 homeless man though?

Would this any different if it was 1 officer, 1 shot and the man still dead?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
this video has been around for a couple of years but re-released by the ACLU for perhaps some maximum trolling.

annnyway

After the shooting, all of the SPD officers at the scene wrote reports. In these reports, the officers who discharged their weapons explained that they did so because they believed Hall posed an imminent threat to the officers’ safety.

A fter a careful review of all of the evidence, experienced prosecutors from the Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan have determined that t he evidence in this case is insufficient to prove , beyond a reasonable doubt, that the SPD officers willfully shot Hall for an unlawful purpose, rather than for their stated purpose of preventing Hall from harming SPD staff. Even if the officers were mistaken in their assessment of the threat posed by Hall, this would not establish that the officers acted willfully, or with an unlawful intent, when using deadly force against Hall. Accordingly , this tragic event does not present sufficient evidence of willful misconduct to give rise to a federal criminal prosecution of the police officers involved.

Justice Department Announces Results of Investigation into the Death of Milton Hall | OPA | Department of Justice

How many Officers in the States have been charged and convicted of such an offense.
Not just charged, but convicted.