47% of Canadians Want GG’s Term to Continue

Should the Governor General’s term be extended?

• Yes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Don’t know/Prefer not to respond

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Count me in that 47%. I like the lady and think she does a good job representing Canada. I do hope she stays on for another term.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Enough foreign born women, we've proved our point on foreigners and women it's time to move on to the gay Esquimaux!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I wonder if it might not be viewed as "you-wash-my-back-and-I'll-wash-yours"
The current GG may wash my back if she wants to, I won't object. At the end of five years, however, it's time for a new GG so Michaelle Jean can go about her new back-washing job.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Is there some old dusty musty tradition that the Government General's office cannot be held by each of the children of the Queen?

Or even the grandchildren (of age)?

The taxpayers supporting all that free for nuthing stuff makes me wonder why the kids aren't doing more than attending teas and openings of museums or whatever....

Make em earn their pension or salary ..... laws can be changed if Governor Generals are more specific than Princesses and Princes.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Modern convention has had Canadian citizens as GG, and I'd much prefer that to someone who knows little to nothing about our culture or politics.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Hmm, the poll here is similar in results to the randomized poll of Canadians. Though as expected, far fewer without an opinion on this forum than in the Canadian populace.

:D

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why do you think her term should be extended? She was okay in her position but not spectacular. If 48% want her kept in her position then 51% either want her out or don't care. Probably most don't care.

And the other 1%???????? Are these figures statistical or anecdotal? Not that it really matters which variety of bullsh*t it is.............:lol::lol::lol::lol: