420 - National Pot Smokers Day

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California

Forbes list of the most Exotic types of Weed:

This article must be a new low (cough), high for Forbes... "Serious cannabis consumers often exhibit the kind of connoisseurship typical of wine lovers." Slideshow includes price per gram and characteristics of the different varietals.

The Most Exotic Brands Of Weed - Forbes.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
News Toronto & GTA

Gunshot scatters marijuana protesters

By JENNY YUEN, Toronto Sun

Last Updated: April 20, 2010 7:21pm
Click here to watch the video A peaceful protest at Dundas Square to legalize marijuana turned into a free-for-all with hundreds of scrambling people after a man fired a gun into the air. Play Video
A peaceful protest at Dundas Square to legalize marijuana turned into a free-for-all with hundreds of scrambling people after a man fired a gun into the air.
At about 4:12 p.m. — eight minutes before the protest was scheduled to start — witnesses said they heard what sounded like a balloon popping. Some people said they saw a fight between two men and one of them waved a gun in the air.
"Everyone started to scramble," said Shane Mulligan, who was at the square.
"The guy had a gun up in the air. When I saw that I thought someone was going to get shot for sure. It's scary."
Police seized a gun at the scene and arrested a 33-year-old man. Another man was taken to hospital by ambulance for head wounds after allegedly being pistolwhipped.
Sun columnist Joe Warmington, who was covering the event, said there was "a lot of blood" left at the corner of Victoria and Dundas Sts.
"People started scrambling in a frenzy, like a stampede," Warmington said.
"Police got there a minute later."
jenny.yuen@sunmedia.ca

Gunshot scatters marijuana protesters | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
News Toronto & GTA

Click here to watch the video A peaceful protest at Dundas Square to legalize marijuana turned into a free-for-all with hundreds of scrambling people after a man fired a gun into the air. Play Video
A peaceful protest at Dundas Square to legalize marijuana turned into a free-for-all with hundreds of scrambling people after a man fired a gun into the air.
At about 4:12 p.m. — eight minutes before the protest was scheduled to start — witnesses said they heard what sounded like a balloon popping. Some people said they saw a fight between two men and one of them waved a gun in the air.
"The guy had a gun up in the air. When I saw that I thought someone was going to get shot for sure. It's scary."
Police seized a gun at the scene and arrested a 33-year-old man. Another man was taken to hospital by ambulance for head wounds after allegedly being pistolwhipped.
Sun columnist Joe Warmington, who was covering the event, said there was "a lot of blood" left at the corner of Victoria and Dundas Sts.
jenny.yuen@sunmedia.ca

Looks like there was no gunshot even though the headline says there was. The media lies man!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Whether as good thing or not, play if safe... use wired rolling papers.

Naw.... I use rice papers... looks like melting plastic when you smoke it, but it's a heck of a lot easier on your lungs then regular paper. Can't say I ever needed a wire in my joint.... I tend to make decently sized filters to hang on to and then just pipe the remainder later.

Waste not / want not..... and besides, for $10 a gram, I'm not wasting anything.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
News Toronto & GTA

jenny.yuen@sunmedia.ca

Yeah interesting that they say shots were fired when the news on Global National showed the guy had a toy gun on the ground when he was arrested and reported that some at the rally thought it was real and jumped the guy and held him down until police arrived.

Though in a report I just found on CTV, they said police did confirm it was a real gun, but it wasn't loaded..... so the reports on whether shots were fired is a bit questionable.

Either way, the guy was an idiot.... just because he's surrounded by a bunch of pot heads, doesn't mean those pot heads don't have quick reflexes.... they do play video games a lot :lol:

CTV Toronto - Gun scare at Yonge-Dundas pro-pot rally - CTV News

..... "CTV Toronto reporter Chris Eby, who was at the rally when the disturbance broke out, said things became frantic when a member of one group of young men off to the side of the rally brandished what appeared to be a handgun.

People stood around the possible firearm as others knocked down the man who had brandished the weapon and made a citizen's arrest.

Some at the rally heckled the suspect as he was taken away, Eby said.".....