2016 Republican National Convention

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Did he say that ? or did he say that America needs to properly vete immigrants to America ?

Nah, he was acting like a clod to the guy in the presence of his wife. No expression of condolence regarding their lost son.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
exactly...Trump said nothing disrespectful about their son. but the mad dad went on his staged angry rant as he was groomed to do while mom stood there like a prop.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
exactly...Trump said nothing disrespectful about their son. but the mad dad went on his staged angry rant as he was groomed to do while mom stood there like a prop.

I agree. Trump wasn't disrespectful by half as Hillary was to Mrs. Smith.
If a candidate was expected to express personal condolences to ever family who has lost a loved one in war they would never have time to do anything else.
The media described Trump's remarks about Mrs. Khan as an attack, which it was NOT. It was simply a wonderment why she didn't speak. I would have asked why Mr. Khan kept talking about HIS son; it was THEIR son. To me, that was more disrespectful to his wife than anything Mr. Trump said!
Mr. Khan was maniacal in his attack on Trump. It was uncalled for and obviously primed by the Democrats.

Finally, Trump acknowledged Captain Khan's heroism. Nothing more was required.
The Republicans who apologized for the 'attack' which never took place were remiss in their loyalty to their party. They should have simply expressed their personal condolences and then refused any further comment. Politically correct, apologist bunch of turn-coats is what they are.

I do think Trump is very poor at expressing himself in a civilized way and a very poor ad-lib speaker. He should use TelePrompters more. He rambles too much when he speaks.

Commenting on Republicans, in all fairness, I think Mr. Trump needs to pay attention to some details. He went over board re his remarks to the Muslim couple who lost their son who was fighting for the U.S. That was totally uncalled for. Believe me, losing a son under any circumstances is about the worst thing that can happen to a family and to insult the parents is inexcusable. There are some things that are beyond politics and this is one of them. If he can't see that he better find a replacement, he's done a lot of damage, how much is unrepairable is up to him. Just hope he does the right thing in a timely manner!

I don't think he went overboard at all. He did not 'attack' as the media accused him of doing. Of course the Khans will always grieve for their son but there are tens of thousands of other grieving parents of fallen soldiers who are not blaming Donald Trump for their loss. This Khan guy went on like a rabid dog!
I don't think their grief for their son was their main reason for what they said. It was all about defense of Islam and condemnation of Trump's proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigration I believe, a plan put to him by the Hillary campaigners.
The most shameful thing about it all is using this kind of strategy to gain political points.

Finally, Mrs. Smith's grief for her fallen son was just as deep as Mr. Khan's. But Hillary expressed no condolences to her; instead she basically called her a liar and dismissed her remarks as insignifigant and wrong.
I don't see anyone talking about that!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If a candidate was expected to express personal condolences to ever family who has lost a loved one in war they would never have time to do anything else.
The media described Trump's remarks about Mrs. Khan as an attack, which it was NOT. It was simply a wonderment why she didn't speak. I would have asked why Mr. Khan kept talking about HIS son; it was THEIR son. To me, that was more disrespectful to his wife than anything Mr. Trump said!
Mr. Khan was maniacal in his attack on Trump. It was uncalled for and obviously primed by the Democrats.

The Republicans who apologized for the 'attack' which never took place were remiss in their loyalty to their party. They should have simply expressed their personal condolences and then refused any further comment. Politically correct, apologist bunch of turn-coats is what they are.

I do think Trump is very poor at expressing himself in a civilized way and a very poor ad-lib speaker. He should use TelePrompters more. He rambles too much when he speaks.

I don't think he went overboard at all. He did not 'attack' as the media accused him of doing. Of course the Khans will always grieve for their son but there are tens of thousands of other grieving parents of fallen soldiers who are not blaming Donald Trump for their loss. This Khan guy went on like a rabid dog!
I don't think their grief for their son was their main reason for what they said. It was all about defense of Islam and condemnation of Trump's proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigration I believe, a plan put to him by the Hillary campaigners.
The most shameful thing about it all is using this kind of strategy to gain political points.

Finally, Mrs. Smith's grief for her fallen son was just as deep as Mr. Khan's. But Hillary expressed no condolences to her; instead she basically called her a liar and dismissed her remarks as insignifigant and wrong.
Why would anyone talk about that , they are democrats . You expect the media to talk reality about democrats ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
See Cliffy the Trump voters don't care , all the meme's in the world won't change that , they just don't care .
Trump is not a politician , that is all they care about .
The poor news media made Trump by giving him round the clock coverage during the primaries , now they are falling all over themselves trying to put the genie back in the bottle .All the while giving Trump round the clock coverage .

Us Canadians got so sick of the conservative message that Trudeau is just not ready ,we decided to give him a try , well that is what Trump supporters are , so sick of politicians they are willing to give him a try .

Don't worry though there will be a real politician heading the republican ticket next go round and you can nash your teeth at him .

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

that's it but the left will never, never admit to what this is really all about...undocumented illegal immigration...khan started his ragefest and trump responded...trump may even be right about the mom being told to shut up and stand there looking all pious and such...at any rate, progs gonna prog.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

While that is another opinion I respect, I still think he would have been better off to say nothing. At the very least he was being presumptuous, at the worst he could lose potential votes from other people totally unconnected to the Khans. I don't think he improved the way they felt & I think he did something that was totally unnecessary. In short I don't think it improved the totality of the way people see him. :)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
if the dems wanna put their poster boy up at the podium to attack Trump, and Trump fires back...that's too damn bad...no matter who you are.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
While that is another opinion I respect, I still think he would have been better off to say nothing. At the very least he was being presumptuous, at the worst he could lose potential votes from other people totally unconnected to the Khans. I don't think he improved the way they felt & I think he did something that was totally unnecessary. In short I don't think it improved the totality of the way people see him. :)

Yes I think he would have been better to say nothing. However, at today's rally a veteran gave Trump his Purple Heart in support for him. News coverage of that honor bestowed on Trump is pretty scanty . You won't likely hear much about it! The media has Hillary's back.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes I think he would have been better to say nothing. However, at today's rally a veteran gave Trump his Purple Heart in support for him. News coverage of that honor bestowed on Trump is pretty scanty . You won't likely hear much about it! The media has Hillary's back.

That's a mystery to me. Much as I try I can't see one redeeming thing about Hillary. She's shallow, she's a liar and she is totally for Hillary (despite assertions to the contrary) .

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Seems like there's more to this Khan story than meets the press: Take a look.
Panic Mode: Khizr Khan Deletes Law Firm Website that Specialized in Muslim Immigration - Breitbart

Kahn is also the author of a book which supports Sharia law. I haven't had time yet to google it.

figgers.. :roll:.. this guy isn't quite the squeaky clean Gold Medal Father and American patriot and constitutional champion that we've been led to believe.

Apparently there were some commercial benefits to evoking his son's memory in the incredibly sleazy world of immigration law and entry visas for cash business.

And just try to fit Sharia Law into the American Constitution... it specifies DEATH by the way.. for All Infidels.. so much for freedom of religion.

This is an article on a number of shady organizations and causes he's supported. Some of his publications are outright exhortations of Islamic Jihad and Martyrdom ideology. He is an agent of the jihadist Muslim Brotherhood and is associated with the radical Wahhabist Islamic Sect.

What The Media Is Not Telling You About The Muslim Who Attacked Donald Trump: He Is A Muslim Brotherhood Agent Who Wants To Advance Sharia Law And Bring Muslims Into The United States | Walid Shoebat

There was an agenda underlying every aspect of Khan's speech.

Last edited: