11 Native American Tribes, Including The Two Largest, Prohibit Gay Marriage

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It'll manifest itself in economic collapse.. in a dramatic and catastrophic decrease in the fertility rate and depopulation, in a society racked by confusion, pessimism, morbidity and unable to latch onto any cohesive set of values.. in a culture infested with carnality, violence, depravity, exploitation.. ultimately invaded by more vibrant civilizations. It's already upon us, in a gathering storm that will become ever more evident.

The legitimzation of homosexuality is both a symptom and an accelerant of a society in crisis.. one which has lost its civilizing impulse.. and all confidence in itself.
OK, so. . . when? It's been 10 years, things are all right everywhere except in your head, where you delight in gloom n' doom.

Will it be 20 years? 30? 50? 100?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It Wasn't Just Neanderthals: Ancient Humans Had Sex with Other Hominids - The Wire

Scientists have collected evidence for years that modern humans interbred with our ridge-browed Neanderthal ancestors in Eurasia. But in Africa, where the Homo sapiens species is said to have emerged, a lack of genetic evidence has left researchers scratching their heads about exactly how we came to beat out not only the Neanderthals, or Homo neanderthalis, but also the other archaic species like Homo erectus and Homo habilis. A new paper published by Michael Hammer from the University of Arizona, however, provides new evidence that Homo sapiens not only interbred with Neanderthals in Eurasia, they also had sex with several species of our ancestors across the African continent. And they did it often. "We think there were probably thousands of interbreeding events," said Hammer. "It happened relatively extensively and regularly."

Imagine! and the world didn't end then either.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
PETs biggest blunder was undermining the Sovereignty of Parliament by way of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.. ceding virtual unchecked power to a collection of unelected intellectual and moral mediocrities, political hacks (none moreso than out lamentable nitwit of a Chief Justice, Bev Maclaughlin, a vacuous 60s era radical feminist). It has tainted his entire legacy.

The Charter could have been put in as a statement of principles.. providing it was tempered with a statement of responsibilities (to the community of Canada).. which could balance the ravenous priority we have put on individual gratification as THE preeminent 'right', usurping all else.

The sheer gutlessness of Parliament in even using what little power was left to it in the Not Withstanding Clause has been overwhelming. Hence we end up with the utterly reckless and destructive insanity of 'homosexual' marriage being cast upon us.. like caustic acid on our social cohesion and dignity as a nation.
Gay marriage is the lest of the problems . But I do agree with the sentiment of your post .And I will give you a thumbs up, an honor I rarely use .

It'll manifest itself in economic collapse.. in a dramatic and catastrophic decrease in the fertility rate and depopulation, in a society racked by confusion, pessimism, morbidity and unable to latch onto any cohesive set of values.. in a culture infested with carnality, violence, depravity, exploitation.. ultimately invaded by more vibrant civilizations. It's already upon us, in a gathering storm that will become ever more evident.

The legitimzation of homosexuality is both a symptom and an accelerant of a society in crisis.. one which has lost its civilizing impulse.. and all confidence in itself.
I wouldn't go quite that far , but the demonization of Christianity by certain classes of people can not be a positive in the long run IMHO .

OK, so. . . when? It's been 10 years, things are all right everywhere except in your head, where you delight in gloom n' doom.

Will it be 20 years? 30? 50? 100?
Are things all right everywhere ? Greece ? Portugal ? Syria ? Iraq ? Indonesia ? Iran ? Ireland ? China ?
Dixie ?
Where is alright ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

and as the OP states there are tribes that are homophobic. They are no different than anyone else. The above is just another example of "Injuns" trying to paint themselves as some kinda "special" people that are above everyone else.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
and as the OP states there are tribes that are homophobic. They are no different than anyone else. The above is just another example of "Injuns" trying to paint themselves as some kinda "special" people that are above everyone else.
As if "whitey" doesn't. As if you don't.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
As if "whitey" doesn't. As if you don't.

YOU try to paint First Nations as being some higher spiritual, more environmentally friendly, more "earth" friendly, peace loving, when in reality, they are no different than anyone else on this planet. They are just as greedy, just as violent, and really don't care about "mother earth" anymore than any one else.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's still taboo for a female to menstruate in the house.

A little ways to go on equality issues too.

Not on the west coast it's not. I don't know of a single female family member that lives on or off reserve that has to leave the house during menstruation. As a matter of fact, thinking back, can't think of that happening in Ontario either when we lived there.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's eased up to sleeping on the couch,basement, or staying with another female's place and not going in the kitchen near food if there is men and children It's still oppressive.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's eased up to sleeping on the couch,basement, or staying with another female's place and not going in the kitchen near food if there is men and children It's still oppressive.

Again, not on the west coast and not in Ontario from what I can remember. Which nations, specifically, are you talking about?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
YOU try to paint First Nations as being some higher spiritual, more environmentally friendly, more "earth" friendly, peace loving, when in reality, they are no different than anyone else on this planet. They are just as greedy, just as violent, and really don't care about "mother earth" anymore than any one else.
I'm not trying to paint anything. I was just trying to show that there is another side than the one painted in the OP. Humans are humans. There are no two alike.

Again, not on the west coast and not in Ontario from what I can remember. Which nations, specifically, are you talking about?
Traditionals still segregate during menstruation but not for the reasons a lot of those in the dominant society think. Look up Moon Lodge teachings if you want to know.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Traditionals still segregate during menstruation but not for the reasons a lot of those in the dominant society think. Look up Moon Lodge teachings if you want to know.

I already "know".

First Nations peoples feel that women are at their most powerful during menstruation and this can cause problems with certain ceremonies. Basically, the exact opposite of the European take on menstruation of dirty and unclean.

Unlike you, Cliffy, my family IS First Nations. Just not pure blood. Same with my wife's family. Hers from the west coast, mine from Ontario.