$1.70 a litre in BC

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Five 2020 Energy Predictions: Solar Surge, Coal Crash, Gas Exorcism, Clean Energy Incentives, Public Mobilization

2019 may have been the year clean energy irreversibly turned a corner toward dominance in the United States. After all, who could have foreseen last January that America would realize existing coal can’t compete against new renewables, see new solar-plus-storage beat new natural gas generation on price, have 13 states and territories committed to 100% clean electricity, or envision a path to nationwide net zero emissions?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/energy...-incentives-public-mobilization/#17e3cba1ecea

Hoid Boy- Maybe time to talk less and listen more! :)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Maybe when India and China provide huge subsidies to solar/wind, they might have a chance at being economical and cost competitive.... i won't be holding out on the subsidies happening any time soon, or, ever

Apparently you are unaware of the HUGE SOLAR PROJECTS UNDER WAY in Pakistan.............................

Pakistan is investing heavily in solar power under RED CHINESE GUIDANCE......................................

TOO BAD THAT EVEN AS WHOLE Pakistan CITIES GET CONNECTED TO THE SOLAR POWER WEB...................................

THE SAME CITIES GO TOTALLY DARK AFTER THE SUN SETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No street lights...........................

no security lighting.....................................

NOTHING EXCEPT CANDLES AND FLASHLIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL COUNTRIES INCLUDING CANADA BURN FOSSIL FUEL TO COMPENSATE FOR THE GROSSLY UNRELIABLE..............

NATURE OF THE MOULDY GREEN POWER THAT LIE-berals plan to use.................................................

to price gouge us to DEATH with carbon tax SCAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The outrage over weather just a taste of what's to come if the Green's get their way

Gas stations in Metro Vancouver run out of supply, and weather could be to blame

Frustrated drivers who pulled into some Metro Vancouver gas stations for a fill-up Friday evening were forced to go elsewhere after being told supplies had been tapped.

Several stations in the region — mostly Esso brand — closed their pumps entirely, with at least one in North Vancouver only selling supreme-grade gasoline.
One gas station attendant at a different North Vancouver station who did not want to be named said he's been told the heavy snow was to blame, with trucks not able to get to stations.
The attendant said it's been two days since the station has had a delivery.
Petroleum analyst Dan McTeague said the shortage could also be linked to maintenance at the Parkland refinery in Burnaby, which supplies gas to a majority of the Lower Mainland.
The maintenance is expected to last eight weeks, he said.
He added in an email the bad weather "isn’t helping" and can put "a strain on fuel distribution," despite Parkland's efforts to keep supplies unaffected by the maintenance.
A spokesperson for Parkland said operations at the refinery were normal Saturday but did not answer additional questions about the weather or how many stations were affected.

READ MORE: Alberta’s ‘turn off taps’ law makes threat of gas price jumps and shortages very real in B.C.: experts

Global News has reached out to Esso's parent company ExxonMobil for comment.
On Saturday, fuel trucks were seen finally dropping off supply to those same stations seen closed Friday, allowing them to reopen.
One driver who requested anonymity told Global News he and others were having trouble getting to stations for drop-offs this week and were playing catch-up now that the weather has improved.
The Ministry of Transportation was warning drivers to avoid travel and stay off the roads at the height of the snow Wednesday and Thursday.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Not since the last time you denied it over the Tesla truck fiasco, so have you taken the plunge yet?
go get that example and let's have a look at it.

I'm pretty sure that me not owning a tesla is one of those things you believe because you want to believe it.

Like pretty much everything else

(I don't even remember a fiasco related to Tesla trucks)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm pretty sure that me not owning a tesla is one of those things you believe because you want to believe it.
Something about bullet proof windows breaking with a rock. Plus a few other things like it doesn't run.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
it costs about $100 to tank up a mini van.

that is just an observation

that observation is why EVs are inevitable

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Re: Something about bullet proof windows breaking with a rock. Plus a few other things like it doesn't run.

I knew it wasn't the 250,000 orders for it

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Still a better chance of Hydrogen for heavy work. SO far electric is only good for commuters in town. ANd when the government quits paying people to purchase and drive EVs things will change.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
8 electric truck and van companies to watch in 2020

^title of the link I posted

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
one more reason to get an ev

Yeah..............I would like to see you trying to get recharged in that west coast wet season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be a very shocking experience for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be fun to see you lit up like a christmas tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it would also be fun to see your face when you get that Wynne-bag style LIE-beral electric bill as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But the sort of language you will use when your expensive electric TOY car lasts HALF AS LONG AS YOUR CURRENT GAS

POWERED RIDE WILL NOT BE SUITABLE FOR LITTLE CHILDREN TO HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in other news - you told us last year that "You would buy an electric TOY car after they did something about the range..................

and in related news - owners of Tesla electric TOY cars are getting together TO SUE TESLA...................................

for using software upgrades to REDUCE THE BATTERY CHARGE AND RANGE...........................

in order to reduce the risk of fire hazards during re-charging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRANSLATION:::: the range is getting worse...............................

not better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tesla battery range is like hemerHOID logic.....................................

IT STARTS WEAK AND GETS WORSE WITH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OH hemerHOID..................................

HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT AFTER SUCH SHAMELESS LIES?????????????????????????

I guess you had your head up your backside when Elon Musk accidentally BROKE THAT WINDOW WITH THE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND as I recall - people like you had a big yuck watching the TESLA TRUCK................................

with its 4 wheel drive tow a TWO WHEEL DRIVE FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE CURIOUS TO SEE HOW TESLA DOES AGAINST A 4 WHEEL DRIVE...........................

MUCH MORE EQUAL COMPETITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that will not happen.....................................

because apparently Musk has a lower tolerance for embarrassment than you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1