Prediction for Habs!

Sublime

Electoral Member
Mar 8, 2006
Toronto
If they win there next game they will make the playoffs, if they don't, they will sink out of playoff spot for rest of year.!

EDIT: GO HABS GO!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
No offense, but even if the Habs make it into the playoffs they won't make it past the first round. They are not that good to be honest. Last year they had the element of surprise, but they don't have that this year. They also have a lot of UFA next year, so it could be a dire 2009-2010 season for them.

At least your team fared better than mine. My team didn't even make it close to the post season this year...again!(Toronto Maple Leafs)8O:lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
One would think with all the soon-to-be free agents they should be tearing it up. There is obviously a poisoned dressing room and it's probably too late to change it. If they make the playoffs, I'll pick whoever they play in five.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
One would think with all the soon-to-be free agents they should be tearing it up. There is obviously a poisoned dressing room and it's probably too late to change it. If they make the playoffs, I'll pick whoever they play in five.

One of the major problems is Kovalev. You can never tell which version of him you're going to get any given night. One night he will be great, and the next night he'll be absolutely horrible. He is one strange cookie.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
He seems to play well when Koivu gets hurt and they give him the C. If I was Koivu, I'd resign as captain.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
He seems to play well when Koivu gets hurt and they give him the C. If I was Koivu, I'd resign as captain.

Who knows how that team will look next year? Especially with the cap in place now(and with the owner potentially selling the team) it may not be a place where UFA want to end up.

And you are bang-on about how he plays well when Koivu is not in the lineup. Not good.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Habs are too small. Unless they engage a quick acting steroids program they won't last too long.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
They are playing better recently, even kovalev, and price has found his game again
too, although tonight he has the flu.
If they make the playoffs, they could win a round, if they are inspired enough.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
If they win there next game they will make the playoffs, if they don't, they will sink out of playoff spot for rest of year.!

EDIT: GO HABS GO!

My Dad who is a HUGE Habs fan's feeling about the season..

They will barely make the playoffs and probably choke in the first round.. Hence he will be forced to watch my Canucks :lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Not so sure.. The Canucks are on a good run and Luongo is looking good..

Of course the Play Offs are always a new season and anyones odds are really as good as the others..

Ummmm...I was being facetious.:p The Islanders are a horrible team, and it looks like they will have the best chance to get the #1 pick this year.;-)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta