Seattle Seahawk's Canadian Fan Support

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The Seahawks aren't the first NHL team to garner Canadian fans but they just might be the first team to have a good portion of an entire country behind them. Gotta love us Canadians. :smile:

GO SEAHAWKS

Seahawks’ 12th Man flag flapping all across Canada | Vancouver Sun

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Interesting - I can see how Western Canada might be part of the 12th Man. Nice to see that fans exist all over the country though they really should be NY Giants fans because of all the Canadians who live there.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Interesting - I can see how Western Canada might be part of the 12th Man. Nice to see that fans exist all over the country though they really should be NY Giants fans because of all the Canadians who live there.

Closest teams are probably Buffalo or Detroit. Seattle would probably be #3 with the Vikings being #4. Other closeish teams would be Pittsburgh, Indy, Chicago and Green Bay. The Patriots and the Giants/Jets would be next closest.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Seahawks are a fabulous organization. I went to the odd game back in the 90's. And when I hadn't been for a while I'd get a call from their marketing group. That used to amaze me. What really blew me away was I was volunteering for a junior hockey booster club and I organized a fundraiser auction. I wrote to every profession sports team in North America asking for donated items. I would say about 75% of the teams sent me stuff. Hockey teams mostly sent stuff like autographed pucks and various swag. The Montreal Canadiens sent a boat load of stuff. Not so much big ticket items but still pretty cool. Autographed photos, calendars, pucks. The Canucks sent us some tickets and assorted items.

The Seahawks sent me a pair of game worn football shoes. They literally had grass all over them. I forget the name of the player but they were shoes of the middle linebacker.

The Dallas Cowboys sent me a banner autographed by Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson. The junior team actually held the Dallas Cowboys banner back from the auction and gave it to me as a going away gift (I was being transferred by work right around the auction period). It still hangs on my wall.

It was pretty neat to see this stuff come in the mail. The Seahawks donation was pretty unique.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
yeah they're a hell of a hockey team

Well duh on me..................gotta pay more attention to my spelling, Ludlow. Sorry for the mistake...........should have read NFL! :roll:

Awww c'mon ; she made a mistake..................:lol:

Gotta cut some slack. She's a GURL, after all.........
Watch out for that flying ash tray.
Or them skates.8O

sorry Mowich.

My mistake, Nug.............not too worry.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Well duh on me..................gotta pay more attention to my spelling, Ludlow. Sorry for the mistake...........should have read NFL! :roll:

My mistake, Nug.............not too worry.
from what I've heard on the news and the internet, seattle might be getting an nhl team.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Vegas has New England winning by 2 points and apparently about 70% of bets are going to the Pats.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I think there's more of an anti Pats feeling here than a pro Seahawks feeling.

My oldest son was cheering for SeaHawks all along, and since has changed to the Pats. Naturally he's out of the will. No goddamn 50 bucks for you, traitor.

What are the odds on Katy Perry?

She won't let ya.:p

I'm sure the Seahawks will enjoy the underdog role.

Yepper, had the role vs. Green Bay. Won the game in the last 20 minutes or so. Reminded me of Hugh Campbell - back in the days.