Anatomy : Scientist converted to islam after reading Quran.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Scientist converts to Islam? So what. I know someone who used to believe till he gained more education. Now he's a scientist and doesn't believe in gods n stuff.
Isaac Asimov started out as a Jew and turned atheist. People are people. People change their views as time goes by. So is that your point?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
People should be free to believe in whatever religion they wish.

I hardly see how it's of any relevance to anybody else.
I know some Catholics, and a Wesleyan minister. Whoop de ****in doo.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The fact that early NE people knew this information suggests they acquired it through autopsy or perhaps more grotesque methods. It would be nothing unusual if a king had taken an interest in science and had pregnant women dissected at various stages of pregnancy and recorded his findings. The NE has pretty much always been a brutal and terrible place.

People who claim to be from god are despicable scoundrels on whole. They commonly plagiarize and steal content from any source they feel like. The justification is, of coarse, that truth is truth and it all comes from god. It would be wholly expected of Muhammad to steal such information whatever its actual source and pretend it came from some sky deity. It is after all part of the job of being a messiah.

ahmadabdalrhman

Electoral Member
Sep 14, 2008
www.watchislam.com
The fact that early NE people knew this information suggests they acquired it through autopsy or perhaps more grotesque methods. It would be nothing unusual if a king had taken an interest in science and had pregnant women dissected at various stages of pregnancy and recorded his findings. The NE has pretty much always been a brutal and terrible place.

People who claim to be from god are despicable scoundrels on whole. They commonly plagiarize and steal content from any source they feel like. The justification is, of coarse, that truth is truth and it all comes from god. It would be wholly expected of Muhammad to steal such information whatever its actual source and pretend it came from some sky deity. It is after all part of the job of being a messiah.

you are talk about Legislative miracle !!

then..!!

what about the other miracles ?

Historical miracles ..!!

Universe miracles ..!!

Animals miracles..!!

Insects miracles..!!

Human miracles..!!

Plants miracles..!!

Medicine miracles..!!

Numeric miracles..!!

Earth miracles..!!

Water miracles..!!

all this miracles in quran ..

look down

http://www.55a.net/firas/english/

:smile::smile::smile:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Oh boy, this one will get interesting when Dexter gets involved. Good luck my friend.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

then..!!

Historical miracles ..!!

Universe miracles ..!!

Animals miracles..!!

Insects miracles..!!

Human miracles..!!

Plants miracles..!!

Medicine miracles..!!

Numeric miracles..!!

Earth miracles..!!

Water miracles..!!

look down

More mumbo jumbo.......

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

then..!!

Historical miracles ..!!

Universe miracles ..!!

Animals miracles..!!

Insects miracles..!!

Human miracles..!!

Plants miracles..!!

Medicine miracles..!!

Numeric miracles..!!

Earth miracles..!!

Water miracles..!!

look down

So far all the "Islamic" miracles of science etc,. that I have looked into have been convoluted, ambiguous and just plain crap.

On the whole Nostradamus "seems" to have gotten more "right." Why don't you worship him? Or do you?

The universe doesn't play dice but religionists seem to. :-?

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007

Certainly the Glorious Quran includes a large number of ayat that pertain to the true science, when God tells people to contemplate and ponder the marvels of nature and universe.

And at any time, when an apostle of God comes to people, the disbelievers will deny him, and mock his words, and say to him: "you are only a liar, and your words are some lies, and you are not sent by God."

God said in the Quran 10: 39

بَلْ كَذَّبُواْ بِمَا لَمْ يُحِيطُواْ بِعِلْمِهِ وَلَمَّا يَأْتِهِمْ تَأْوِيلُهُ كَذَلِكَ كَذَّبَ الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ فَانظُرْ كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الظَّالِمِينَ

The explanation:
(But [actually] they have cried lies to the [mysterious ayat of the Quran: the 'similitudes'], the knowledge of which they comprehend not,

and even when the interpretation thereof will come to them [at the time of the Mahdi-Paraclite, they will also cry lies.]

Even so those [unbelieving nations] that were before them cried lies [to their apostles];

then see [O Mohammed] what end was of the wrong-doers [: was it not destruction and ruining?] )

So this aya speaks about three times of deniers:
1- The people of Prophet Mohammed denied the ambiguous ayat of the Quran, when they did not understand their meaning and implication.
2- The people (Muslims and non-Muslims) in the future, when the Mahdi (the Paraclete or Elijah of the Last Days) will come; they will deny the interpretation of the ambiguous ayat of the Quran.
3- The past nations: denied their apostles in the same manner.

Therefore, all of that was only denial and disbelief: these were the disbelievers (because they were wrong-doers); while some other people will believe.

Example:
Noah came about ? 5000 years ago; he was denied; most of his people denied, disbelieved and mocked him; in like manner as do atheists now mock the Quran and the other heavenly books.

Then he started (according to God's revelation and instruction) to construct the ship (called the Ark), in a region where there was no sea and they mocked him: "Certainly Noah has become mad: to make a ship where there is no sea here!" "Now you have become a carpenter after being a prophet!"

According to its description, I think it was like the can of the food; he made it of wood logs tied with thin ropes ( because there was no nails at that time), then he painted it with pitch [that was available at his region near Mosul in Iraq]; it was on a dry land, then when the water issued, they embarked on that Ark, and closed the door of the Ark, and when the water rose, the Ark floated on the water, and the rest of his people: the disbelievers were drowned in the deluge, including his grandson Canaan.

Last edited:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
you're know better than Scientists ?

they say it is true !!

I AM a scientist. And I know better than the scientist you're referring to. the Qu'ran, while perhaps holding some truth (and perhaps very little), is not only the cause of much suffering, stupidity and hatred, but is almost certainly NOT the word of Allah, even if there was a being similar to the one you call Allah.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
I AM a scientist. And I know better than the scientist you're referring to. the Qu'ran, while perhaps holding some truth (and perhaps very little), is not only the cause of much suffering, stupidity and hatred, but is almost certainly NOT the word of Allah, even if there was a being similar to the one you call Allah.

In the dictionary:
sci·en·tist (plural sci·en·tists)
noun
expert in science: somebody who has scientific training or works in one of the sciences
------------------------------------------------------
This word now concerns some degree or rank in a university or a science centre; other related words may be a researcher …etc.

Anyhow, it denotes one who has some qualification and research in some fields of knowledge.

Some points concerning the scientist:
  • A scientist has to know that whatever knowledge he may have acquired, is only limited and very little in comparison to the extensive knowledge and secrets in the universe and nature.
  • Once a scientist says: "I know" [it is some part of the self-conceit], he has then become ignorant – a parable.
  • His knowledge in comparison to the absolute knowledge of God is about nothing.

This is in the Quran 12: 76
نَرْفَعُ دَرَجَاتٍ مِّن نَّشَاء وَفَوْقَ كُلِّ ذِي عِلْمٍ عَلِيمٌ
The explanation:
(We raise by ranks [of position and science, anyone] whom We will,
and above "everyone with knowledge" there is the All-Knowing [Lord.] )
----------------------------------------------------

If you tell me in what field you are a scientist, I may give you some ayat concerning your discipline of knowledge; in order to know that certainly the Quran is the true word of God.

And this is concerning your claim that the Quran includes little truth, and it is not from God (or Allah): Quran 10: 37-38
وَمَا كَانَ هَذَا الْقُرْآنُ أَن يُفْتَرَى مِن دُونِ اللّهِ وَلَكِن تَصْدِيقَ الَّذِي بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ وَتَفْصِيلَ الْكِتَابِ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ مِن رَّبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ . أَمْ يَقُولُونَ افْتَرَاهُ قُلْ فَأْتُواْ بِسُورَةٍ مِّثْلِهِ وَادْعُواْ مَنِ اسْتَطَعْتُم مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ
The explanation:
(This Quran could not have been invented, unless from God;
but only as confirmation to him by whose hands [is the Quran],
and expounding the [past heavenly]Scripture.
There is no doubt about it[s being revealed] from the Lord of the worlds.

Or say the [associaters]: "[Mohammed] has forged the [Quran]?"
Say [O Mohammed, to them]: "Then produce a soorah [: or a chapter] like the [Quran],
and call [for assistance] those [your chiefs] whom you can [call], other than God, if you are truthful [in your claim that Mohammed has forged the Quran.]"

eanassir
http://universeandquran.t35.com

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
You don't believe anyway eanassir. I proved it. You wouldn't take my challenge.

Why don't you admit that and drop this whole stupid god thing?

Just think, if you do it now you'll have the rest of your life to make up for lost time.