Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"The Notorious RBG."

Associate Justice, United States Supreme Court.

15 March 1933 - 18 September 2020.

Rest in peace.

There is a sorrow in our hearts.

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
"The Notorious RBG."

Associate Justice, United States Supreme Court.

15 March 1933 - 18 September 2020.

Rest in peace.

There is a sorrow in our hearts.
She leaves such avoid........ but she carved out a distinct place in American History.

Thank you for all you achieved & contributed.

RIP

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Sad news. I didn’t agree with her interpretation of the constitution but she was a very bright intellect. RIP

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
McConnell says Trump’s court nominee will get Senate vote despite Ginsburg’s dying wish that next president choose replacement
https://www.washingtonpost.com/?utm..._campaign=wp_news_alert_revere&location=alert
He is throwing down the gauntlet
(he is one despicable person) Hypocrisy personified.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's last plea: Do not replace me until after Trump is out of office
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ve-donald-trump-n1240507?cid=eml_nbn_20200918
Trump won't wait till 2025.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
She will be missed. Hopefully Biden will nominate an actual jurist instead of a frat boy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
She will be missed. Hopefully Biden will nominate an actual jurist instead of a frat boy.
I have plenty of problems with Kavanaugh, but sometimes frat boys do grow up.

My objection to him being on the Court is that he clearly and obviously lied under oath to the Judiciary Committee.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm not shocked by McConnell what so ever.

Female friends are already expressing fears because of her death of what will happen not just to them but to their daughters and sisters.

Considering the nominees Trump has given just recently (did he know or was it a HUGE coincidence?), women's rights in the US under Trump no longer exist.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
In 2015 McConnell clearly said that a president in the last year of his term should not nominate judges and he refused to hear the one presented.There is only one word for him if he hears Trump's nomination prior to the election (or after if Trump loses).

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
In 2015 McConnell clearly said that a president in the last year of his term should not nominate judges and he refused to hear the one presented.There is only one word for him if he hears Trump's nomination prior to the election (or after if Trump loses).
Word is that this situation has given energy to t the MAGA hatters who have been a bit deflated due to Trumps' poor performance e re: Pandemic.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I have plenty of problems with Kavanaugh, but sometimes frat boys do grow up.

My objection to him being on the Court is that he clearly and obviously lied under oath to the Judiciary Committee.
I was a little put off by the rape thing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Poked around a little.

The rule is that there will be no confirmations in an election year when different parties control the Senate and the White House.

That’s it. No other "rules".

Republicans control both and are entitled to make the pick whenever a seat comes open.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Poked around a little.

The rule is that there will be no confirmations in an election year when different parties control the Senate and the White House.

Republicans control both and are entitled to make the pick whenever a seat comes open.

It's still going to be hell if McConnell does put a nominee through, or tries to. Considering the excuse he gave Obama and the less time before the election there is... he may not even get the 51 needed to pass, if a judge is even confirmed that soon to go to the Senate.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
RBG dictated a note to her granddaughter before she passed away. It said....

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

Yeah, how many grandchildren were not born because of her.

Trump needs to replace her fast..

TRUMP 2020

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

TRUMP 2020

How many grandkids were not born because their mothers made a choice that has nothing to do with anyone but them and them alone?

Nor has it anything to do with you Boom.

Wanna choice in whether to abort a child? Be a woman. Otherwise, STFU.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
TRUMP 2020

And while they're at it why not repeal the 19th amendment too right Boomer?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Poked around a little.
There are no rules in politics, ask BHO.