Gun Control is Completely Useless.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
your first point is interesting. you have a matrix; columns: intruder means serious harm/death, intruder does not mean harm, rows: you shoot him, you dont shoot him. In the first column you have a bad result or a really bad result. in the second column you have an awful result or a good result. In my opinion the second column is better to be in.

I'll make a diagram of this table if i didnt explain it properly

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If it took three seconds you'd have to be attempting to do it while standing on your hands.... Think more in the area of half-a second....

Yes I was talking abut the old mags...my P-9 had a 17 rnd mag and since only the rounds after number ten are potentially lethal and our government cut capacity back to ten....

I have five ten round mags at matches and although years of practice and training allow a mag change pretty quickly, the average criminal using a firearm who's good enough to stick to the ten round limit should be given a lighter sentence don't you think??? (Sarcasm...)
rofl

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Colpy

By the time I assembled my firearm, unlocked the ammo box etc. they'd have the livingroom! :)

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
If you've got a Desert Eagle in .50 you've more money than good sense (IMHO..:)

Five rounds of .50 will start to make you keenly aware of your joints and muscles while ten rounds of 9 won't bother you much at all...

They sure look spiffy but I personally don't think they're all that practical...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I recently read an article on anti-personnel ammunition in 9 mm that was the only round that had a chance of stopping a bear...if you were good enough to hit a bears head at thirty feet....

I'd prefer using my Winchester Model 94 in .30.30....

Found it's dead nuts on at two hundred yards and can regularly produce 1.5 inch groups at that range.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I hear ya...

There have been a number of home-invasions lately and particular emphasis seems to be placed on the elderly...not sure a gun would help in that situation...difficult to say.

No as I mentioned earlier, we are much safer in Canada than many Americans are in America and with the numbers of small-arms available to Americans...it only makes sense that more bad-guys..or gals...have armed themselves...

As they say, "A rising tide raises all boats" so if you have the right to bear arms enshrined in your constitution you don't have to look too far to find nastiness like Ruby Ridge or Waco or .....
Yeah, fortunately for us bushapes, all the gangstas like to hang in cities. Course, if they do find theor way out here, there's all kinds of messes we can get them into.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Can't begin to tell you how envious I am L. Gilbert

I'd love to live far far away from everyone...a lighthouse on the mood kind of thing...

Last edited:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If you've got a Desert Eagle in .50 you've more money than good sense (IMHO..:)

Five rounds of .50 will start to make you keenly aware of your joints and muscles while ten rounds of 9 won't bother you much at all...

They sure look spiffy but I personally don't think they're all that practical...
Yeah, it is a pretty thing. I got it cuz it's fun. I can fell trees with it. :D Saves on fuel for the chainsaw. lol Actually I don't mind the recoil as much as the weight (as I mentioned previously). (I'm a 6 footer weighing about 260 with about 40 lbs of blubber so the recoil isn't as noticeable. I use 12 Ga's single handed).

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I recently read an article on anti-personnel ammunition in 9 mm that was the only round that had a chance of stopping a bear...if you were good enough to hit a bears head at thirty feet....

Found it's dead nuts on at two hundred yards and can regularly produce 1.5 inch groups at that range.
I have one of those, pre-WW2, nice little carbine. My Win. M-70 or Lee-Enfield is better at accuracy though.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

At short range I'd prefer the Eagle as my Ithaca has a 32" bbl. Hard to swing it in the kitchen sometimes.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
there is a proviso at the end. I honestly couldnt estimate the pertinence of it here but the position of canada in the list is surprising. perhaps this is why:

DEFINITION: Total recorded rapes. Crime statistics are often better indicators of prevalence of law enforcement and willingness to report crime, than actual prevalence. Per capita figures expressed per 1,000 population.