WE really need to get rid of this guy


taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#391
Which is every 3-4 years. And the dipshits want to shorten the citizenship period to one year to collect votes sooner.
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1
#392
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Every million people added is nearly 3%ish of the total. That is substantial.

If I understand this correctly, the the population of Canada would have to double just to deal with the shortfall since the last election in October of 2019..?
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3
#393
The Throne Speech will be interesting all by itself, not just ‘cuz two of the party leaders are out with the Covid, but Trudeau doesn’t give the speech directly but through the Governor General who many or may not be the marionette that those in Justin’s cabinet are, and the relationship between the GG & PM might not be so cozy at this point. It’ll be weird...
 
petros
+2
#394
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

If I understand this correctly, the the population of Canada would have to double just to deal with the shortfall since the last election in October of 2019..?

That's where inflation comes in handy.
 
petros
+1
#395
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

The Throne Speech will be interesting all by itself, not just ‘cuz two of the party leaders are out with the Covid, but Trudeau doesn’t give the speech directly but through the Governor General who many or may not be the marionette that those in Justin’s cabinet are, and the relationship between the GG & PM might not be so cozy at this point. It’ll be weird...

She could say no.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#396
Will she though? Or will she add her own two bits to the prepared speech handed to her? Or will she be the compliant finger puppet to make her scandal and investigation go away? Unlike Bill McCain/Morneau or trust fund boy, maybe she needs the pension? Though a Liberal, maybe she’s an exception with some sort of morals and/or ethics? We’ll see in a few days I guess.
 
petros
+2
#397
She shouldn't have any money problems so you can discount pension.

Apparently she hates the job and needs an out. Noncompliance with with the LPC might just be the out she is looking for.

I hope she gets drunk first.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
#398
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Will she though? Or will she add her own two bits to the prepared speech handed to her? Or will she be the compliant finger puppet to make her scandal and investigation go away? Unlike Bill McCain/Morneau or trust fund boy, maybe she needs the pension? Though a Liberal, maybe she’s an exception with some sort of morals and/or ethics? We’ll see in a few days I guess.

Money won't be an issue ever for Governor General Payette. Her career prior to politics has made her part of an exclusive club.


Pierre Poilievre has stated that it will take until at least November for all the WE investigations to wrap up. According to him, if Trudeau doesn't derail the investigation again , charges will likely be laid by the RCMP. Trudeau wants an election, no matter what he says. They have spent millions on polling and appear to be backing away from their Green economy initiative, and even walking back the coveted basic income for all Canadians. They know that most Canadians want now is a rebounding economy. Now that they've crippled the economic engine of Canada, I doubt they've got a smick what to do next.


Except cut cheques to every special interest group they can.
 
petros
+2
#399
In the end, it wont be their problem to solve.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#400
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Money won't be an issue ever for Governor General Payette. Her career prior to politics has made her part of an exclusive club.
Pierre Poilievre has stated that it will take until at least November for all the WE investigations to wrap up. According to him, if Trudeau doesn't derail the investigation again , charges will likely be laid by the RCMP. Trudeau wants an election, no matter what he says. They have spent millions on polling and appear to be backing away from their Green economy initiative, and even walking back the coveted basic income for all Canadians. They know that most Canadians want now is a rebounding economy. Now that they've crippled the economic engine of Canada, I doubt they've got a smick what to do next.
Except cut cheques to every special interest group they can.

Liberals say a new climate plan is still in the works despite pandemic

Quote:

Environment Minister Jonathan Wilkinson says he doesn't know why it was suggested recently that the Liberal government had shelved a green recovery plan ahead of Wednesday's throne speech.

But he said he is working on an "ambitious" climate plan — just as the Liberals promised during last year's election.

"Part of my mandate is to develop an enhanced climate plan for Canada that will demonstrate clearly how we will exceed our 2030 targets. I have been working on that since the day that I was sworn in as environment minister. And some of that work has accelerated during this period," Wilkinson said in an interview with CBC News on Friday.

"We do intend to bring forward that climate plan. It has not been shelved in any way. And we will be doing it well before the next [United Nations climate conference]," which is scheduled for November 2021.

So regardless of how much of a green recovery is laid out in the throne speech, there is good reason to expect a new green plan before too long.

But if the Liberals remain committed to even greater reductions in greenhouse gas emissions — and if they want to show meaningful steps toward that goal before the next federal election — there might be all the more pressure on them to seize every opportunity in the coming months to take action......More

Singh says NDP focused on getting ‘help for Canadians,’ not forcing an election

Quote:

As the federal Liberal government prepares to deliver a new throne speech, New Democratic Party Leader Jagmeet Singh said his party’s focus is on getting "help for Canadians," not forcing an election amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

In an interview with The West Block’s Mercedes Stephenson, Singh said he has laid out his concerns and demands for the new Parliamentary session during a meeting with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday.

Read more: Feds say they’re prepared to discuss health-care funding after provinces voice concerns

"I'm asking and calling on the Liberal government to make sure there is help for Canadians in need, particularly if they are back in a lockdown scenario with increasing numbers of COVID-19," he said.

"We need help for Canadians, that's what I'm fighting for."

Topping the list of priorities for the NDP is ensuring there is continuing financial assistance available to help Canadians weather the pandemic, Singh said.

“Right now, the Liberal government’s proposal would take the $2,000 that families receive now and cut it by 20 per cent to $1,600,” he said, pointing to the government’s plan to transition away from the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit.

“That is wrong, and I’m telling to the prime minister directly that that should not happen,” he continued.

Trudeau had asked Gov. Gen. Julie Payette to prorogue Parliament back on Aug. 18, effectively halting all of its business.

With the new throne speech set to be delivered this week, the Liberals — having fallen 13 seats short of forming a majority government during the 2019 election — would need the support of at least one opposition party to remain in power.

While Trudeau was willing to listen to his concerns, Singh said there has been “no commitment so far.”

“I made it very clear, though, for me that the throne speech and just giving words is not good enough,” Singh said. “We need to see some action.”

Singh said he is “prepared to go to an election,” but he said that is not his goal.

"If the prime minister and the Liberal government aren't ready to deliver what Canadians need, if they're going to get caught up in scandal helping themselves instead of people -- that I'm more than ready to fight in an election," he said.

"But I understand it's a very serious decision, and it is not my goal to tear down government,” he continued. “My goal is to force Parliament to work for people."......More

 
JamesBondo
#401
when is this throne speach supposed to happen? google doesn't seem to know. lol
 
petros
+1
#402
Wednesday
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#403
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Money won't be an issue ever for Governor General Payette. Her career prior to politics has made her part of an exclusive club....

An overview of benefits and personal considerations provided to Payette by the Privy Council Office just before her appointment in July 2017, shows that she earns an index-linked salary of $290,600. In addition, she enjoys two official residences, meals, chauffeur-driven transport, health and life insurance plans, and has her housekeeping and laundry done for her.

Pretty standard stuff for a governor general perhaps. What is more likely to raise eyebrows in the briefing note, obtained under Access to Information legislation by researcher Ken Rubin, is the revelation that upon leaving office the governor general will receive a taxable annuity of $143,242 a year for life — an amount that will be adjusted according to the cost of living index. That's not a bad pension for 1 years work if she bows out now....http://nationalpost.com/opinion/john...s-set-for-life
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#404
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

What is more likely to raise eyebrows in the briefing note, obtained under Access to Information legislation by researcher Ken Rubin, is the revelation that upon leaving office the governor general will receive a taxable annuity of $143,242 a year for life — an amount that will be adjusted according to the cost of living index. That's not a bad pension for 1 years work if she bows out now....http://nationalpost.com/opinion/john...s-set-for-life


When I was a Canadian soldier, I paid into the CAF pension plan, CPP and EI. I am now drawing that CAF pension. When I am old enough to collect CPP, they are going to claw back the difference from my CAF pension.
 
bob the dog
+2
#405
The salary and annuity are ridiculous amounts as are all public servant wages and pensions. The arrogance of assuming the individual need and ability to even spend it is ludicrous. All that happens is that it accumulates. It does not contribute to the economy because it is not spent. The whole concept of money being the most important thing is bizarre. Our leaders set the course.
 
bob the dog
+2
#406
Payette was given severance of roughly $200,000 when she resigned from the Montreal Science Centre in 2016 following complaints about her treatment of employees, say multiple sources. In 2017, Payette left the Canadian Olympic Committee after two internal investigations into her treatment of staff including verbal harassment, sources said.

Multiple sources have told CBC News they were stunned by Trudeau's decision to appoint Payette in 2017. They have questioned the prime minister's judgment.

"A number of us were blown away when she got appointed," said a former board member at the Canada Lands Company (CLC), the self-financing Crown corporation that owns and operates the Montreal Science Centre. Payette was vice president of CLC and chief operating officer of the Montreal Science Centre from 2013 to 2016.

"This is a Crown corporation owned by the government," said the former board member. "You would have thought they'd call to check out her credentials."
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#407
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That's where inflation comes in handy.

That was pappa turdOWE's who plan to pay for prolific spending. 10 cents on the dollar if inflation is high enough.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#408
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

When I was a Canadian soldier, I paid into the CAF pension plan, CPP and EI. I am now drawing that CAF pension. When I am old enough to collect CPP, they are going to claw back the difference from my CAF pension.

Sounds like theft.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#409
Quote: Originally Posted by bob the dog View Post

Payette was given severance of roughly $200,000 when she resigned from the Montreal Science Centre in 2016 following complaints about her treatment of employees, say multiple sources. In 2017, Payette left the Canadian Olympic Committee after two internal investigations into her treatment of staff including verbal harassment, sources said.
Multiple sources have told CBC News they were stunned by Trudeau's decision to appoint Payette in 2017. They have questioned the prime minister's judgment.
"A number of us were blown away when she got appointed," said a former board member at the Canada Lands Company (CLC), the self-financing Crown corporation that owns and operates the Montreal Science Centre. Payette was vice president of CLC and chief operating officer of the Montreal Science Centre from 2013 to 2016.
"This is a Crown corporation owned by the government," said the former board member. "You would have thought they'd call to check out her credentials."

I don't know what happened to CBC lately but their reporting seems less biased, is it because O'Toole promises to defund them down to radio broadcasts?

Erin O'Toole won the Tory leadership promising to 'defund CBC,' but will it work in a general election?

Anyway this is a good article

PMO failed to check with key former employers before Payette's appointment as Governor General: sources

Quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his officials never conducted checks with Julie Payette's former employers at the Montreal Science Centre and the Canadian Olympic Committee that might have raised red flags about her behaviour with co-workers and subordinates before her appointment as Governor General, sources tell CBC News.

Multiple sources have told CBC News they were stunned by Trudeau's decision to appoint Payette in 2017. They have questioned the prime minister's judgment.

"A number of us were blown away when she got appointed," said a former board member at the Canada Lands Company (CLC), the self-financing Crown corporation that owns and operates the Montreal Science Centre. Payette was vice president of CLC and chief operating officer of the Montreal Science Centre from 2013 to 2016.

"This is a Crown corporation owned by the government," said the former board member. "You would have thought they'd call to check out her credentials."

Payette and her Rideau Hall office are now at the centre of an unprecedented third-party investigation launched by the Privy Council Office. In July, a CBC News report quoted a dozen confidential public servants and former employees who claim the Governor General belittled, berated and publicly humiliated Rideau Hall staff.

Payette received severance in 2016: sources
Payette was given severance of roughly $200,000 when she resigned from the Montreal Science Centre in 2016 following complaints about her treatment of employees, say multiple sources. In 2017, Payette left the Canadian Olympic Committee after two internal investigations into her treatment of staff, sources said.

CBC News spoke to 15 confidential sources who worked with Payette, including current and former employees and board members at the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Montreal Science Centre, the Canada Lands Company and the Canadian Space Agency. They spoke on the condition they not be named because they were not authorized to speak publicly, could lose their jobs, still work in the industry or, in some cases, continue to interact with Rideau Hall.

The Prime Minister's Office would not say if it was aware of the complaints made against Payette at these institutions.

"The Governor General is recommended on a broad range of factors and done with the appropriate due diligence," said press secretary Alex Wellstead in a statement to CBC News. "Any questions about previous roles should be directed to the organizations in question."

A spokesperson for the Governor General's office issued a statement to CBC News calling Payette an "outstanding Canadian" and "a trailblazer for women" and pushed back against the reports of workplace harassment.

"Over the course of her career, no formal complaint has ever been filed against her, nor has she ever resigned from a board of director position, including at the Canadian Olympic Committee, where she finished her term," said the statement from Payette's press secretary, Ashlee Smith.

"She has served on more than a dozen boards over the years in an exemplary manner," the statement said.

Payette accused of berating staffer at 2016 Olympics
In April of 2016 — the year Payette left the Montreal Science Centre — she was appointed to the board of the Canadian Olympic Committee. That same year, two employees of the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) complained to the committee about Payette's treatment of staff, triggering internal HR investigations.......Much more

 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1
#410
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The only trick Trudeau has up his sleeve is immigration to dilute debt but that just induces inflation which raids our savings and real assets.

Who are you kidding, trudie believes that it is meet and right that 'the people' own all (your) assets.

Real (tangible) assets in Canukistan will be worthless in the near future
 
Decapoda
+3
#411
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Who are you kidding, trudie believes that it is meet and right that 'the people' own all (your) assets.

Real (tangible) assets in Canukistan will be worthless in the near future


Tangible assets retain their own intrinsic value against fiat exchange. They will be the only thing of any real value when this is all over. Forget the bank, dig a hole in the back 40...and make sure you hide the scent from the liberal hounds.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#412
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Tangible assets retain their own intrinsic value against fiat exchange. They will be the only thing of any real value when this is all over. Forget the bank, dig a hole in the back 40...and make sure you hide the scent from the liberal hounds.

There's no such thing as intrinsic value.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#413
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post


....& he caves. I had erections as a young teen that lasted longer than it took Jagmeet to be bought with more Trudeau Promises this time around.

OTTAWA — The Liberals and the NDP have blocked an effort by the Conservatives to get the WE Charity affair probed ahead of a study into why the Liberals prorogued Parliament. http://www.cjme.com/2020/10/06/liber...ude-we-affair/

The Liberal and NDP members of a House of Commons committee voted on Tuesday to deny another attempt by the committee's Conservative members to get to the bottom of the WE Charity Scandal. http://thepostmillennial.com/libs-an...investigations



The Liberal and NDP members voted unanimously to halt the study, while the Conservatives and the Bloc voted to continue it. The ongoing investigation into the WE Charity scandal has been suspended since Parliament has been dissolved. At this point, the investigation is in jeopardy due to the fact that new members have to be named and a new chair elected before they have a chance of resuming. There exists a clear possibility that the new Parliament will immediately vote to quash the investigation permanently.

 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#414
The Libs. are saying nothing to see here, it's been asked and answered, time to move on

Conservatives want an anti-corruption committee to probe WE Charity controversy

Quote:

OTTAWA — The federal Conservatives want MPs to create an anti-corruption committee to investigate the WE Charity issue.

Tory ethics critic Michael Barrett says the new forum would press for answers to lingering questions about the controversy.

In the meantime, the Conservatives plan to press the House of Commons ethics and finance committees this week to resume looking at the matter.

They say the proposed new anti-corruption committee could soon take over the probe of the Liberal government's choice of WE Charity to administer the the multimillion-dollar Canada Student Service Grant program.

Opposition MPs have been grilling the government for months over the now-abandoned program because of WE Charity's close connections to the families of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Bill Morneau, the recently departed finance minister.

The Liberals have consistently said it was federal public servants who recommended the grant program be administered by the youth group, but the Conservatives say there are still unanswered questions.

"Canadians deserve answers," Barrett told a news conference Monday. "We deserve accountability."

The office of Liberal House leader Pablo Rodriguez noted that Trudeau, his chief of staff, the clerk of the Privy Council and various public servants have already appeared at committee.

The government will remain focused on protecting the health and safety of the public, the office said, adding: "Canadians deserve better than the Conservatives’ partisan games.”

 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#415
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The Libs. are saying nothing to see here, it's been asked and answered, time to move on

Conservatives want an anti-corruption committee to probe WE Charity controversy

And shut the f up , leave us alone .
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#416
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The Libs. are saying nothing to see here, it's been asked and answered, time to move on

Conservatives want an anti-corruption committee to probe WE Charity controversy

Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The office of Liberal House leader Pablo Rodriguez noted that Trudeau, his chief of staff, the clerk of the Privy Council and various public servants have already appeared at committee.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The government will remain focused on protecting the health and safety of the public, the office said, adding: "Canadians deserve better than the Conservatives’ partisan games.”

Oh, so that's why they prorogued parliament for that 5 or 6 weeks...because Canadians deserve better? Yes Trudeau, his chief of staff, the clerk of the Privy Council and various public servants have already appeared at committee...and then they (the Liberals) shut it down 'cuz it wasn't going to get swept under the rug like SNC & its many other scandals.... because Canadians deserve better? Right.....


 
pgs
Free Thinker
#417
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Oh, so that's why they prorogued parliament for that 5 or 6 weeks...because Canadians deserve better? Yes Trudeau, his chief of staff, the clerk of the Privy Council and various public servants have already appeared at committee...and then they (the Liberals) shut it down 'cuz it wasn't going to get swept under the rug like SNC & its many other scandals.... because Canadians deserve better? Right.....


See my comment below .
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#418
Someone is watching Ron's posts pretty close, from his post to a headline the next day Lol

He prorogued in August, but now Trudeau slams Tories for bringing back WE Charity investigations

Quote:

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says his government is focused on COVID-19 and criticized the Conservatives for trying to bring back committee investigations into the WE Charity affair — investigations that were interrupted two months ago by Trudeau’s own choice to prorogue Parliament.

“We are entirely focused on the second wave of COVID-19,” Trudeau said at a news conference Tuesday. “We will continue to stay focused on what we need to do to support Canadians facing a very difficult time right now. The Conservatives continue to want to focus on WE Charity, so be it.”

Trudeau noted that he had testified on WE Charity at committee in July, and said his government had already handed over thousands of pages of documents related to the controversy. “We’ve been open and transparent on these questions,” he said.

But the Conservatives, NDP and Bloc Québécois have all said they have concerns with redactions on the documents that were disclosed. The non-partisan House of Commons law clerk told the committee in August that the government appeared to have redacted more information than was necessary........More

 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#419
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Someone is watching Ron's posts pretty close, from his post to a headline the next day Lol

He prorogued in August, but now Trudeau slams Tories for bringing back WE Charity investigations

In other words .

Shut the f up and leave us alone .
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+4
#420
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

In other words .

Shut the f up and leave us alone .

He was hoping that he could replicate Harper's proroguing.The only difference is that Harper was trying to stave off a power grab by the Liberals, N.D.P., and Bloc in a minority government. In fairness, Harper brought some of it on himself. But in comparison to WE and SNC, Trudeau needs to be investigated thoroughly. He should have been bounced from his job over SNC and J.W.B. Like literally fired! But he was sorry, so it's okay to be a self-proclaimed feminist and intimidate women and destroy their careers as long as your the prime minister and not one of those sexists CEO's or Actors or an Ontario leader hopeful.

Trudeau didn't just break the law. He broke labor laws, he was warned by the woman he was dispatching Gerald Buttes and Michael Werner and Bill Morneau to threaten and bully.

Ask a diehard Liberal supporter and they'll tell you its fake news, but there are recordings.

But as I've said before. Trudeau and Trump supporters have plenty in common.