Capitalism will save this world

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yep. You should have read the link before you posted it. But most of it is over your head anyway.
The larger problem with people randomly throwing on face masks is fit. WE get fit tested every year for all the masks we use including N95s. WE are not supposed to use a style we have not been fit tested for.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yep. You should have read the link before you posted it. But most of it is over your head anyway.
The larger problem with people randomly throwing on face masks is fit. WE get fit tested every year for all the masks we use including N95s. WE are not supposed to use a style we have not been fit tested for.
Jest pull up yer bandanna. If it's good enough for trail dust and fer robbin' the stagecoach, it should be good enough fer keepin' the contagion away.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Earlier this month I got 82% on the FR exam without studying.Most of the ones I got wrong were on the bureaucratic questions where the correct answer when you are trying to save someone's life would be"Who gives a flyn ****". Unfortunately that answer was never on the list of options.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
if they don't work what point is fitting it properly.

the answer is "they do work", and anyone online telling people that they don't needs to stfu

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
where is anyone ever going to be in the presence of 60-140nm sized particles of covid19 outside of perhaps certain medical procedures ?

You are most likely to be exposed to covid19 via large particles such as are emitted when people cough or sneeze.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/masks-coronavirus-1.5507186

read this and maybe stfu
uummm aerosols can occur in particles smaller than 60 nm even from human sources.
But masks probably help people feel better that they can be protected.
Perhaps you should stfu and learn instead of yapping off.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
uummm aerosols can occur in particles smaller than 60 nm even from human sources.
But masks probably help people feel better that they can be protected.
Perhaps you should stfu and learn instead of yapping off.
I'm not the one on the internet explaining to people that N95 masks are not effective against COVID19 when in fact they are.

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
if they don't work what point is fitting it properly.
uummm I guess you've never heard of the placebo effect.
the answer is "they do work", and anyone online telling people that they don't needs to stfu
sure they work.............. to keep out particulates 300nm and bigger. Not so much for particulates smaller than 300 nm.

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
I'm not the one on the internet explaining to people that N95 masks are not effective against COVID19 when in fact they are.
I didn't say they were ineffective. I said they are 95% effective against particulates of 300 nm and larger. I suggest you learn to read and understand English.

AnnaE

Time Out
Jan 31, 2020
I said that. Where in those comments did I say the N95s are ineffective?
I remind YOU of what YOU said: "I'm not the one on the internet explaining to people that N95 masks are not effective against COVID19 when in fact they are."

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I said that. Where in those comments did I say the N95s are ineffective?
I remind YOU of what YOU said: "I'm not the one on the internet explaining to people that N95 masks are not effective against COVID19 when in fact they are."
Yes I am the one saying that N95 masks are an effective and important tool in the war against this sickness, and anyone getting these masks to the doctors and researchers who badly need them is performing a public service.