Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
And shmuck.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You think that the judicial system is responsible for laying charges?

Mr Trudeau has made it clear that he, and he alone is in charge of laying charges

Just out of curiosity, what do you see as the problems, and what solutions do you propose?

In my opinion, I believe that one of the fundamental problems we have is that our current political system does not have the appropriate checks and balances in place that will go some ways to securing elected officials that have a shred of accountability and legitimacy... I can appreciate that the aforementioned does not directly tackle your question, however, if we operate a system that has little or no integrity, then it's a fool's errand to install one that only the electorate are beholden to.

As far as a more direct comment on the leftist parasitic habits (as per my definition), my stance is based on a fiscally conservative approach... Have all of the safety nets, social services, etc you like, but in a manner that society can afford the programs as a byproduct of the success of the private sector.

Further, seek to offer folks a hand-up rather than a hand-out... Give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish, yada yada yada

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Mr Trudeau has made it clear that he, and he alone is in charge of laying charges
Isn't he? Isn't he the big boss of Justice Canada or whatever the heck you call it?

In my opinion, I believe that one of the fundamental problems we have is that our current political system does not have the appropriate checks and balances in place that will go some ways to securing elected officials that have a shred of accountability and legitimacy... I can appreciate that the aforementioned does not directly tackle your question, however, if we operate a system that has little or no integrity, then it's a fool's errand to install one that only the electorate are beholden to.
I agree. Got some theoretical notions of what to do about it, but damned if I can figure out how to get them into play.

As far as a more direct comment on the leftist parasitic habits (as per my definition), my stance is based on a fiscally conservative approach... Have all of the safety nets, social services, etc you like, but in a manner that society can afford the programs as a byproduct of the success of the private sector.
As a citizen of a country $22 trillion in debt, how could I disagree?

Rule #1: Whatever you want to do in the world, you can't do it if you don't have money.

Further, seek to offer folks a hand-up rather than a hand-out... Give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish, yada yada yada
Yep. Here's one. . . if you don't have a job, and are able, you pick up trash from the side of the road. Ten bucks an hour. If you take classes (approved vocational/technical classes, not Art History), you get paid for C or better.

If you have a kid, day care (free to you) while you work/study. Maybe you study child care and end up in charge of the local center.

Either way, you work your way out of picking up trash, or you work picking up trash for your room and board. You can do it until you're 80. We probably won't run out of trash. Or you go off the rails and into crime, and take your chances.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It should will be when the Flora there that produce 20% of our atmospheric oxygen is turned to carbon.

Suddenly, Canada's Boreal Forest is humanity's emergency oxygen supply.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Doubtful. Phytoplankton (single-cell ocean plants) supplies about 50 to 85% of the oxygen on Earth.
We all hope that they do better in warmer seas in future. The rich breeding grounds of that foundation of the pyramid of terrestrial life is where cold Arctic currents meet warmer ones that are headed to the poles. They do not bask in tepid soup?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Doubtful. Phytoplankton (single-cell ocean plants) supplies about 50 to 85% of the oxygen on Earth.
The oceans have lost about 40% of all phytoplankton in the last 100 years. Largely due to rising sea surface temps.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
And even those contribute oxygen to the atmosphere.
Really? In the water they consume all the O2 and all the fish die. Fertilizer is a big cause of the blooms. They should be skimmed and added back to the fields. Air bubbled through the waters will help the water recover faster after the bloom dies off.