BC Forest Fires

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Hey Mowich The difference 1 year makes huh?
Will I need to get a couple Riders to do a flood video for you? It must be climate change induced extreme weather.

It's been a wonderful summer so far, Pete. June was very wet and we've had rain every single day or night for over two weeks now with some breaks for a bit of sun. Early forecasts for a blistering hot July have come to naught - thank goodness. The creek and lake levels are way up for this time of year. No flooding around here like they are experiencing in the Chilcotin so we are lucky that way too. No one around here is complaining too much about the weather considering what we've been through the past couple of years.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's been a wonderful summer so far, Pete. June was very wet and we've had rain every single day or night for over two weeks now with some breaks for a bit of sun. Early forecasts for a blistering hot July have come to naught - thank goodness. The creek and lake levels are way up for this time of year. No flooding around here like they are experiencing in the Chilcotin so we are lucky that way too. No one around here is complaining too much about the weather considering what we've been through the past couple of years.

Nothing at all to really complain about either, Mowich. Everything is green now, fire danger is low and most days are pleasant and warm (not sweltering) garden is thriving. I recall hearing a lot one year ago about the "NEW NORMAL", figured it was b.s. then and know it was b.s. now. There's been anomalies in weather forever but Mother Nature balances the "ledger" periodically.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you are safe and happy, I'm happy.

It may have been a cold, shitty spring and early summer but boy is it ever lush.

I've gone from worries of another dry short year to fearing hail, blow down and another early frost/snow.

Oh well, life would be boring without risk.

Stay safe dear.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

It may have been a cold, shitty spring and early summer but boy is it ever lush.

I've gone from worries of another dry short year to fearing hail, blow down and another early frost/snow.

Stay safe dear.

Every chance I got early this spring when the weather was mentioned, I'd say 'I hope the rain starts in June and continues through until say.......September'. I do believe the Universe heard me because so far, that's what we've got. And speaking of lush the wild hay in the ditches is over six feet tall. Everything is growing like mad around here. The airy is so balmy it's almost coastal without the salt tang.

My sister in Craven has been keeping me up-to-date on Sask weather. Her latest report was about Tim McGraw being cancelled due to thunder storms. We've had some fierce though thankfully short-lived hail storms here. The last one really got my attention as the stones were larger than I'd seen before - a little bit bigger and rougher than an agate. The weather has taken a toll on shallow-rooted Spruce too. They are coming down all over the place. My neighbor down the road a piece, had a 2-foot diameter one fall over his fence and all the way across the road.

We could do with some sun if for no other reason than finally getting my lawn mowed. :lol: I hope some comes your way Pete.

Life is good. Thank you so much for your kind wishes and back at ya. :smile:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So you are both capable of showing love but only of you are part of the same collective. You looking for a medal?

M't:5:43-47:
Ye have heard that it hath been said,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour,
and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you,
Love your enemies,
bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good,
and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you,
what reward have ye?
do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only,

what do ye more than others?
do not even the publicans so?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Stay safe dear.

Kind of blows the drama queens' theories we heard most of last summer about the "new normal", huh?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Every chance I got early this spring when the weather was mentioned, I'd say 'I hope the rain starts in June and continues through until say.......September'. I do believe the Universe heard me because so far, that's what we've got. And speaking of lush the wild hay in the ditches is over six feet tall. Everything is growing like mad around here. The airy is so balmy it's almost coastal without the salt tang.
My sister in Craven has been keeping me up-to-date on Sask weather. Her latest report was about Tim McGraw being cancelled due to thunder storms. We've had some fierce though thankfully short-lived hail storms here. The last one really got my attention as the stones were larger than I'd seen before - a little bit bigger and rougher than an agate. The weather has taken a toll on shallow-rooted Spruce too. They are coming down all over the place. My neighbor down the road a piece, had a 2-foot diameter one fall over his fence and all the way across the road.
We could do with some sun if for no other reason than finally getting my lawn mowed. :lol: I hope some comes your way Pete.
It's nice to have a lawn again. I mowed 3 times in the past 2 years. This year, twice a week.

Our garden sucks tho.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's nice to have a lawn again. I mowed 3 times in the past 2 years. This year, twice a week.

Our garden sucks tho.

Might need some fertilizer, Pete or perhaps the PH is out of whack...………………..too much alkali?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So you are both capable of showing love but only of you are part of the same collective. You looking for a medal?

M't:5:43-47:
Ye have heard that it hath been said,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour,
and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you,
Love your enemies,
bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good,
and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you,
what reward have ye?
do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only,

what do ye more than others?
do not even the publicans so?

Oh Meggie.................I don't hate you. You are far too inconsequential for me to exert the emotion it would take to do so.