Trudeau 'welcomes' ethics probe of alleged PMO interference in SNC-Lavalin case

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Watched it live, Ron and ended up having my first good laugh of the day............it was that or pull my hair out. What a farce. I see no further reason for the Justice Committee to continue. From what I am reading on other forums, people's attention spans over this matter are getting short. Many of us have come to the conclusion that this is a done deal. The liberals are not going to change their minds on this and they have the majority so it is nothing but a waste of time and money for them to continue. The opposition and media will continue to try and make hay with the scandal but I doubt they will reap much but chaff.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Don't think I'd want either one. In that clip Michelle Remple comes across as a one-province, one-sided one-issue advocate. Fine for Albertans or others who share her passion but maybe not for the whole federal electorate.

If I was in need of a defence lawyer I'd love to have Lisa Raitt. But she looks to me like a terrier; a never-let-go Jack Russell maybe, who'd pull any stunt fair or dirty to get the result she wants.

Neither of them looks to me like the kind of leader who would seek reasonable compromise in a divisive issue. I want that in our leaders (but I won't hold my breath.)

Currently that's her job. Represent and defend Alberta and her riding. Picture her doing the same on a national level. I think Canada needs a strong intelligent Pitbull to represent and defend it for a term or two to get us past the current....whatever it is....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Every one of you have far more experience and interest in politics than I could ever have. I have had the habit of ignoring the posers that represent Canadian power. They come and they go at the leave of unseen hands, fuk them all. Bag licking dogs all. My intuition favours imperialism, I loath preferring power on the illinformed rabble of democratic dog licking malcontents. Democrazy depends on the lowest common denominators illinformed choice. I would much prefer an informed and aware elite unassociated with capital acquizitionators, mind over matter before anything else, As the age of bullshit draws to a close perhaps we will turn to the rea;lity of physics. This age of climatic upheaval is nothing new, we made it through the test many times before, that does not mean we will prevail this time. The bones of past specimins litter this planet, frozen in mud and or rock. Yes there is a God, look up in the sky and behold the majesty of that which is attached to and regulates your every heartbeat your every breath and your every dream. Of course that Sun is not our first Sun. Once upon a time Saturn was our Sun-God, we are a captured place and once we belonged to Saturn along with Mars, this transition of Gods was witnessed by humanity as was the birth of Venus, the history of this present Solar System is quite a bit shorter than we may have been led to believe.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No really - call off the hearings now. We are not going to hear anything more from any of the parties save for their so-called truths. It is a waste of time.
Apparently the liberals just did that .

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
The ridiculous spectacle in the Justice Committee meeting yesterday is just another example of the Trudeau Liberals "welcoming of testimony" into the SNC Lavalin scandal. For the Liberals to butt in and bring forward a point of order to adjourn the emergency meeting before allowing any debate on an active point of order that had just been tabled and was the entire point of the meeting being called in the first place, is not only a slimy Liberal maneuver, but it's also another move by Trudeau to try and control the message by shutting down any dissenting perspectives and prevent the truth from being told.

The next meeting will be behind closed doors on budget day and the committee members will be muzzled from speaking about anything that happens in the meeting due to "cabinet confidence". So much for openness and transparency. I only wonder if this is going to backfire on little spud, he is counting on this just being buried and everyone's focus being on his budget, there is the very real possibility that the headline next Tuesday may be about his latest revolting, insidious maneuvering to hide the truth about his illegal and immoral actions from the Canadian public.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The ridiculous spectacle in the Justice Committee meeting yesterday is just another example of the Trudeau Liberals "welcoming of testimony" into the SNC Lavalin scandal. For the Liberals to butt in and bring forward a point of order to adjourn the emergency meeting before allowing any debate on an active point of order that had just been tabled and was the entire point of the meeting being called in the first place, is not only a slimy Liberal maneuver, but it's also another move by Trudeau to try and control the message by shutting down any dissenting perspectives and prevent the truth from being told.

The next meeting will be behind closed doors on budget day and the committee members will be muzzled from speaking about anything that happens in the meeting due to "cabinet confidence". So much for openness and transparency. I only wonder if this is going to backfire on little spud, he is counting on this just being buried and everyone's focus being on his budget, there is the very real possibility that the headline next Tuesday may be about his latest revolting, insidious maneuvering to hide the truth about his illegal and immoral actions from the Canadian public.
We are going to do things different and have an open , honest transparent government . Of course unless we don’t want you to see . In that case we will hide stall and obstruct.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Well that sews it up, pgs. They can call off the Justice Committee hearings tomorrow. No need for any further versions of the truth. I'm good with that. I'll just sit back and wait for the Admiral Norman affair to start gaining major media attention. I love the smell of scandal in the morning. :lol:

Getting into LIE-beral scandals is getting to be like wearing WAY TOO MUCH AFTERSHAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little goes a long way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a LOT just stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best to clear the air.........................................

By FIRING all LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are too corrupt to lead....................................

and too stupid to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
We are going to do things different and have an open , honest transparent government . Of course unless we don’t want you to see . In that case we will hide stall and obstruct.

My message to the Liberals would be "We're all voters. We're all watching you and we see what you're doing."

Actually I may not vote at all but they don't need to know that :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The whole of Northern Ontario is NDP Orange....
Some people at coffee tell me that voting Conservative will not help anything in the overall big picture.
But I have managed to convince them that even though it doesn't make a difference in who takes power, it affects the total national vote percentage for the winner!

TalkingTogheter

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2018

YES WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are GRAVY GRABBING SWINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals consider that any cash we have in our pockets is merely TAX REVENUE that has yet to be collected!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is an older article illustrating an insidious problem that LIE-berals are ignoring! With some comments of my own in brackets):
Two-tier pension plans, at issue in the Canada Post talks, give millennials the short end of the stick
By Paul Daniel Müller, Special to Montreal Gazette.
Published: April 8, 2017
The labour dispute at Canada Post offers a telling example of how boomers are shifting the burden of their financial woes to the young.
(This is NOT being done by Boomers- its being done by LIE-berals buying civil service Hog votes at the expense of ALL others in Canada! Canada Post has ALWAYS been a greedy, selfish, costly thorn in the sides of Cdns- and never more so than in 1970 when then Letter carrier union president Darryl Bean crowed- after an especially nasty strike: “that Cdn letter carriers are now the best compensated civil servants in the world!)
(Further- there are a lot of Boomers in fixed incomes after having been forced to take early retirement regardless of what they could reasonably afford such people are just as frustrated with their situation as the kids!!!!!!)
In the current round of bargaining with the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, Canada Post Corporation is proposing that future postal workers — those to be hired from day one of the next collective agreement — get an inferior, defined-contribution pension plan, whereas current workers would keep their defined-benefit plan.
(LIE-berals are simply recognizing that there is NOT enough gravy to keep ALL the Hogs happy! Some may have to go short! And of course Posties are essentially operating the nearly obsolete adult equivalent of a delivery boys paper route in an era of e-mail and texting!!!!!!!!!)
(In my own case- the defined benefit pension the private company I worked for was switched over to an open ended mess fund by company profit sharing! But as the company was being badly managed -there was no profit and therefore NO PENSION! This is the UGLY REALITY of bankruptcy!)
(In 2017 -Wynne-bag LIE-berals altered corporate law related to pensions- becasue so many company pensions were in the red - LIE-berals wanted to make things LOOK BETTER! So LIE-berals decreed that pensions that had enough funding to cover 85 percent of their obligations would now be considered FULLY funded!)
(This is - in part- why General Motors pensioners have suffered through 3 pension reductions as the company withers! And it is why former Sears pensioners will be getting MUCH LESS than they expected! It is LIE-berals fiddling with debts yet again!!!!!!!!!!)
As usual, management is asking for concessions, while the union is trying to make some gains. This is normal. What is striking is that compensation rollbacks, should they occur, would be borne not by all Canada Post workers, but primarily by new hires.
(Clearly this is not fair to the kids- but senior Hogs will go berserk if their demands for gravy are not met!!! And there are a lot of retired Posties with their own demands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(Aging union Hogs are the minority among Boomers!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
If compensation for postal workers is greater than what is observed in the job market for positions requiring comparable skills, you might think that current employees, who benefit from this premium, might legitimately also be those called upon to shoulder the burden of adjusting to market realities. You might think that a new hire, typically a young man or woman in their 20s or 30s, with a fresh mortgage or a burgeoning family, might need the money more than a 50-something empty-nester with a paid-off mortgage. Not so. Nowadays, according to some twisted interpretation of intergenerational solidarity, it appears that it is the young, not the old, who are asked to bear the brunt.
(LIE-berals speak often -with passion - of fairness and equality- but all they really want is to remain in power at any price! Posties are essentially operating the same kind of newspaper delivery job I had as a kid! Their fall from being lords of the working world has been harsh but necessary!)
(The Postie monopoly stranglehold on mail delivery has been BROKEN as a result of their own GREED!! Govt gave companies like Fedex permission to operate in Canada as a result of Postie GREED and repeated strikes!!!!!!!!!!!)
Humans and animals are biologically programmed to protect their young — the future of the species — before saving their elders. But in our aging society, elders are off-loading to the young the burden of adjusting to market conditions. In the context of collective bargaining, this practice has been termed “orphan clause,” because younger workers cannot rely on the protection of their elder colleagues.
(Young Posties are not children! They are ADULT HOGS and they have equal access to ballot boxes at union halls and election polling booths! In addition - ALL unions are programmed to protect those with SENIORITY!!!!!!)
(Some species such as Bass and Alligators- and LIE-berals as well apparently- are not hesitant to turn cannibal and gobble up young who are to slow to hide! Frankly this LIE-beral “eat the young” policy is a function of the fact that so few kids bother to vote! LIE-beral logic is simple and direct- if you don’t vote in protest then you must not mind being screwed by LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Orphan clauses establish two tiers of workers, performing the same work, with the same skill sets.
Do you believe in equal pay for equal work? Labour standards, as well as the Charter of Rights, already prohibit wage discrimination based on gender, race and age. What about date of hire? Barring the unlikely event that new hires are not generally younger than the existing workforce, discrimination according to date of hire is a systemic form of discrimination based on age.
(Sadly, Cdns are now so angry at civil service Hogs that they seem not to have sympathy for young Hogs that are being discriminated against by older PIGS!)
How do orphan clauses occur? In collective bargaining, management and unions each defend the interests of their constituency: shareholders and workers. Future hires are outside union membership during bargaining, and so cannot be heard at the bargaining table. Some employers look for expedient ways to cut costs, irrespective of ethics. They push for two-tier systems, in wages or benefits, understanding this is the line of least resistance by unions.
Usually, unions initially resist such proposals. But at the end of the day, they often prefer to sacrifice new hires than give ground on something that hurts their existing base.
(Govt is working to close down the money losing Post Office- gravy grabbing posties or at least push them into break even mode so govt does not care what happens to kids who may be fired when the Post Office dies? How to divvy up the available work is up to the union!!!!!!!!!!!)
The labour code is a device designed to balance the strengths of management and unions, and thereby achieve fairly bargained outcomes. The device fails when both parties agree to shift the burden of cost cutting to a third party — future hires — that is absent from the bargaining table. Legislative action is therefore warranted to correct this failure.
(Except that our labour code was NOT designed to deal with a union possessing a monopoly/stranglehold on an essential service- which is what the Post Office USED TO BE! NOR is the labour code set up to deal with a now nearly irrelevant Post office!!! But all Hogs stand together- regardless of what is fair to tax payers - its Hog one for all and all for one. Its how Toronto Garbage men got jobs for life!)
(Unions are quite happy to see kids hired as Posties- but union management does NOT CARE about wage discrepancies! Now retired union Hog Buzz Hargrove was representing striking Air Canada workers and Hargrove actually BLAMED prime minister Mulroney for not stopping the strike!)
(Hargrove pointed out that if only Mulroney would forget about collecting $20 million dollars in income tax from Air Canada Hogs- then the union and company would have enough money to make a deal! Just too bad for other tax payers who would have to pick up the Hog slack! Mulroney wisely SHUNNED that deal!!!!!!)
Orphan clauses on wages are already prohibited by Quebec’s labour standards law. Canada Post could argue that federal law contains no such provision, either for wages or benefits. It could also argue that orphan clauses are not new. Still, it could be suggested that the government of Canada has a fiduciary duty to younger workers unable to fend for themselves within the framework of collective bargaining. Canada Post reports to Public Services Minister Judy Foote. Thus, the government could and should instruct Canada Post to pursue cost-cutting by other means than by shifting its burden to youth.
(That`s nice! Quebec also gets $11 billion dollars a year in federal transfer payments in exchange for voting LIE-beral! So Quebec can afford to be more generous with the Hogs!!!!!!!)
(The obvious problem with prohibiting such wage cuts for the Hog young is the fact that private sector is also doing similar wage cuts! This is why so many kids are working in short term, and contract and temporary positions! Alleviating wage pressure on civil service that is ALREADY being paid one third more on average than private sector gets for similar work is clearly discriminatory and will give rise to even greater friction between public and private sectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Politicians of all stripes love to speak of their commitment to youth, hand on heart. But talk is cheap. If the Trudeau government allows its largest Crown Corporation to balance its books by soaking the young, millennials might take note.
(LIE-berals appear to have decided that Posties are disposable and thus fair game for LIE-beral grand standing! LIE-berals do not like that the public accuses them of bending and licking the boots of any civil service union that demands it- so LIE-berals are showing their`independence` by being `tough` with Posties??? But we KNOW LIE-berals will cave in time since they NEED those Hog
votes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Paul Daniel Müller is a consulting economist in Montreal.
(Postal union has averted this threat to the young for now- but it has NOT gone away! It is just flying under the radar- hidden by more urgent issues and will resurface once new contract talks begin! With additional pressure being brought to bear by dead broke kids in the private sector as election time approaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Gedankenliberale sind mindestens so gut wie ein Kommunist, aber die Grundidee ist für Liberale gut genug für den Kapitalismus.

Dann haben wir Deutschland als Supermacht für die Wirtschaft, aber vielleicht gehören sie zum neuen Reich der EU.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
My message to the Liberals would be "We're all voters. We're all watching you and we see what you're doing."

Actually I may not vote at all but they don't need to know that :)

OH how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIBC will admit that all voters see the POISONED LIE-beral Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but he will NOT ADMIT that civil service union Hogs will IGNORE the Fake News........................

IF LIE-berals give them enough gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
[FONT=&quot]The former AG needs to walk her talk, integrity and ethics straight into the House of Commons, rise on a point of privilege and tell her version of events complete with documented evidence.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First of all, if the little potato does not give her further leave to speak openly and honestly, there is nothing more she has to add. Secondly, calling her back would simply result in more she said/he said as the committee will most surely recall Geppetto and that quivery clerk of the Privy Council along with any other witnesses they see fit to rebut her testimony - and on and on we go. So no. I don't want to see her recalled to the committee.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She is at the center of this entire sordid affair. The longer she keeps the government on tenterhooks and the Canadian public in the dark, the less she looks like the strong powerful woman she claims to be. Instead, she looks just like any other self-serving politician playing the game for their own narcissistic ends.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wilson-Raybould calls herself a 'Truth Teller' well let's hear it. [/FONT]

TalkingTogheter

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2018
OH how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIBC will admit that all voters see the POISONED LIE-beral Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but he will NOT ADMIT that civil service union Hogs will IGNORE the Fake News........................

IF LIE-berals give them enough gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sie hassen einen Kapitalismus, aber er mochte Konservativ ist auch ein Zweig desjenigen, den ich mag, aber ich mag den Liberalismus von drei Zweigen.

Vielleicht hat Ihnen der Sozialismus gefallen.

Wenn ja, sind Sie ein normaler Denker.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
[FONT=&quot]The former AG needs to walk her talk, integrity and ethics straight into the House of Commons, rise on a point of privilege and tell her version of events complete with documented evidence.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First of all, if the little potato does not give her further leave to speak openly and honestly, there is nothing more she has to add. Secondly, calling her back would simply result in more she said/he said as the committee will most surely recall Geppetto and that quivery clerk of the Privy Council along with any other witnesses they see fit to rebut her testimony - and on and on we go. So no. I don't want to see her recalled to the committee.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She is at the center of this entire sordid affair. The longer she keeps the government on tenterhooks and the Canadian public in the dark, the less she looks like the strong powerful woman she claims to be. Instead, she looks just like any other self-serving politician playing the game for their own narcissistic ends.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wilson-Raybould calls herself a 'Truth Teller' well let's hear it. [/FONT]
so far, she looks like a class act to me.

Maybe, Little Potato will force her to cross the floor.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
so far, she looks like a class act to me.

Maybe, Little Potato will force her to cross the floor.

That might come if he forces her out of caucus but no signs of that happening. They both have their reasons for her staying with the party.

The ball is in her court, CC. Be nice if she could find the net.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
I agree ,

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That might come if he forces her out of caucus but no signs of that happening. They both have their reasons for her staying with the party.

The ball is in her court, CC. Be nice if she could find the net.
She still needs the PM to sign her nomination papers if she is to run as a Liberal . You still require 6 years minimum for the golden pension .

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
How Jody Wilson-Raybould could speak her truth, even if Liberals block return to justice committee

OTTAWA — Will Canadians have another chance to hear Jody Wilson-Raybould’s side of the story? All eyes are on the House of Commons justice committee, but she has other options to speak out — if she chooses to use them.

On Wednesday, the Liberals used their majority on the Commons justice committee to shut down debate on an opposition motion to call Wilson-Raybould for a second round of testimony on the SNC-Lavalin scandal. The committee meets again on Tuesday, and it is still possible the Liberals will relent.

The opposition has demanded she have the chance to respond to a second round of testimony from Privy Council Clerk Michael Wernick and Deputy Justice Minister Nathalie Drouin last week. The opposition also wants to give Wilson-Raybould the chance to talk about what happened after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau informed her she would be removed as justice minister and attorney general.

The Liberals control the committee with their voting majority, so they have the ultimate say on whether Wilson-Raybould will return. But even if her invitation is blocked, Wilson-Raybould has other venues for speaking.

Here are the principal ways Wilson-Raybould could tell her side of the story outside of the justice committee.

The House of Commons chamber

A key issue for Wilson-Raybould is what she’s allowed to discuss publicly. She’s made it clear she does not want to discuss matters covered by cabinet confidence, the long-standing principle that discussions between cabinet ministers are secret, unless she gets an explicit waiver from the prime minister. She has also said she needs a waiver to discuss any legal advice she gave to Trudeau or cabinet.

Yet if Wilson-Raybould speaks in Parliament, she is covered by the sweeping power of parliamentary privilege — the constitutional right of Members of Parliament to freely discuss matters of public interest while performing their duties, and to be protected from civil or criminal liability in doing so. Most experts believe that parliamentary privilege trumps all other forms of privilege, including cabinet confidence and solicitor-client privilege.

“The whole point of parliamentary privilege is so you can say anything in Parliament that’s vital to the national interest, and you shouldn’t have to be worried about the courts or the executive sanctioning you in some way,” said Carleton University professor Philippe Lagassé, who specializes in the Westminster parliamentary system.

Wilson-Raybould could address the House of Commons in a variety of ways. In February, she used a point of order after a vote to tell the Commons what she needed in order to speak. “I understand fully that Canadians want to know the truth and want transparency,” she said at the time. “Privilege and confidentiality are not mine to waive, and I hope that I have the opportunity to speak my truth.”

She could find another way to make a point of order that allows her to discuss these issues, though points of order are supposed to be constrained to the topic of whether the procedures of the Commons are being properly followed.

An easier route for Wilson-Raybould could be to make a Member’s Statement. Such statements are given before Question Period and can be on “virtually any matter of local, provincial, national or international concern,” according to House of Commons guidelines. The main constraint is they are supposed to be capped at one minute. Speaker Geoff Regan would have the discretion to allow for a longer statement, however.

Wilson-Raybould could also decide to speak during regular parliamentary debate, as long as it’s on topic. This could happen on a day where the opposition has a motion on the subject, for example.

However, Lagassé said the ideal scenario is still for the justice committee to invite her back, as parliament works best when negotiations take place and agreements are reached on matters of privilege.

“To my mind, if she does have something essential that she needs to say, one would hope that she would be invited back and given the opportunity to do so in a setting where it’s contained and it’s very clear what the rules are, and that cabinet is comfortable with what she is and is not able to say,” he said.

Another invitation to appear as a witness

Even if the Commons justice committee blocks Wilson-Raybould from returning, she may get an invitation from somewhere else.

The most likely place this would happen is the Senate, where the Liberals no longer have a caucus so they no longer have the ability to control votes. The Senate is now a mix of groups, with the largest being the Independent Senators Group (most of whom were appointed by Trudeau).

The Senate is still debating a motion to launch its own inquiry into the SNC-Lavalin scandal. Sen. Peter Harder, the government representative in the Senate, has moved an amendment that would effectively kill the Senate’s own inquiry and leave it up to the ethics commissioner’s office to investigate.

If Harder’s amendment fails and the Senate votes to conduct its own investigation, Wilson-Raybould would be invited to testify — and her testimony would be covered by parliamentary privilege. But the Senate’s debate on the motion could still drag out for weeks.

It is also possible that Wilson-Raybould could be invited to testify at a different Commons committee, such as the ethics committee — which, unlike the justice committee, is chaired by a Conservative MP. Its vice-chair is also Liberal MP Nate Erskine-Smith, who has previously broken ranks with his party by calling for a public inquiry into the SNC-Lavalin affair. But the Liberals still have a voting majority on all Commons committees, so they can ultimately control what a committee does.

Outside Parliament

Finally, Wilson-Raybould could choose to speak outside the confines of Parliament. She could, for example, talk to one of the many charming and talented journalists at the National Post.

But this option remains very unlikely, as it would potentially require Wilson-Raybould to break cabinet confidence without the cover of parliamentary privilege. The cabinet order previously issued by Trudeau to waive cabinet confidence and solicitor-client privilege over some aspects of the SNC-Lavalin affair only waived it for the purposes of testifying to the justice committee.

nationalpost.com/news/politics/how-jody-wilson-raybould-could-speak-her-truth-even-if-liberals-block-return-to-justice-committee